The Very Best Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Simply the best cookie recipe!
The Very Best Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookie--Bar None!
Everyone in my family raves about this cookie recipe. The combination of the cranberry, chocolate, almond favoring (a must!) and nuts is drooling-ly delicious.
Last year I discovered "The Prepared Pantry" website. In addition to selling quality baking products, they also have some of the best recipes on the web. That is were I found this recipe for "Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies"
These cookies are so good that I would not hesitate to give them as gift for the Holidays. Yes, they are the very best cookie recipe in my repertoire.
I would also suggest that you freeze several batches of the baked cookies to have on hand. Who knows when you will have a craving?
To give credit where credit is due: Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe--The Prepared Pantry (click there to find this recipe on their website).
All the yummy cookie images, however, are mine.
Making cookies for me is a messy thing!
As you can see from the pictures here, I am not Martha Stewart. I have no one to measure my ingredients or clean up for me. I am, however, a decent cook.
Prep Time: About fifteen minutes
Total Time: Aproximately 45 minutes until the first bite of cookie
Serves: 32 (if they only eat one cookie!)
Ingredients for cranberry chocolate chip cookies:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purposes flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powde
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter (I used unsalted)
- 2 large eggs (I use Eggland's Best)
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract (do not substitute vanilla!)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt with a whisk.
- Cream the sugars and room softened butter together. Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Beat the mixture until light and creamy. (I usually chop the nuts while the mixing is going on)
- Add the dry ingredients to the creamed ingredients, mixing until combined. If using the KitchenAid Mixter, I dump all the flour in at one time. It does not take long to combine.
- Add the cranberries, chips and nuts. Can use the mixer.
- Drop heaping teaspoons two inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. I use parchment paper.
- Bake 9-10 minutes; cool on a wire rack
- I have a convection oven and preheat to 325 degrees. This is the temp recommended for my oven for baked goods. I use two racks and bake for the recommended 9-10 minutes.
Indispensable Tools for making cookies: - I use all of these products.
Parchment paper is the best tool in my kitchen when I make cookies. I highly recommend it. I also use it when baking french fries, fish sticks, chicken nuggets, biscuits, rolls.........
Thanks for visiting my cookie page!
I am so glad you have visited my page today. Hope you will bookmark it so you can find this recipe again. Since you will (you will won't you?) print this recipe, be sure to come back and let me know how the cookies turned out. Don't forget to give it a thumbs up, too.