Tasty Walnut Recipes
This collection of walnut recipes features such treats as Cinnamon Walnut Bread, Walnut Ice Cream, Walnut Bars as well as savory dishes including Cheese Ravioli with Toasted Walnuts. Walnuts can be used in a variety of recipes to create flavor and flare.
Some common recipes that call for walnuts are brownies, cookies, cakes and salads, but why not try adding walnuts to other foods? Get creative with soups, meats and more by adding walnuts to the mix. Besides ordinary walnuts, there are black walnuts, which are slightly different in taste but just as delicious. Let's get cooking with walnuts!
Image Credit: Flickr/Creative Commons
Cinnamon Walnut Bread
Cinnamon Walnut Bread Ingredients
Keep these ingredients on hand for walnut bread anytime
3 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
4 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp salt
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 cups milk
1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
Directions to follow
Supplies for making Cinnamon Walnut Bread
Cinnamon Walnut Bread Directions
So easy and delicious!
Preheat oven to 350 Â°. Grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan. In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Add eggs, butter and milk. Stir until just moistened, then add walnuts. Pour into loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
Serve warm with butter or cream cheese.
Diamond Chopped Walnuts - Keep these on hand for all of your walnut recipes
Fresh walnuts, shelled and already chopped makes preparation easy. Perfect for all of your walnut recipes.
Caramel Walnut Monkey Bread - Fun, Easy and oh so Delicious!
Walnuts are good for you!
They are high in antioxidants and
omega-3 essential fatty acids.
Serves: Makes 1 quart.
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 eggs beaten
- 3/4 cup real maple syrup
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts toasted
- In a small saucepan, heat the milk and syrup until syrup is dissolved.
- Slowly whisk in a small amount of the hot syrup/milk to the eggs.
- Add eggs to hot mixture and continue to whisk until the mixture coats the back of a spoon.
- Place mixture in refrigerator until cool.
- Add whipping cream.
- Freeze in ice cream maker according to manufacturers directions.
- Add walnuts during the last few minutes of freezing.
Make Ice Cream at Home The Easy Way
Serves: 16 small or 12 large
Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookie Bars
- 1 stick butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 lg egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease an 8 inch square baking pan.
- Cream butter and both sugars in a mixer bowl.
- Add egg and mix until well blended.
- Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add to butter mixture.
- Fold in walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Spread in baking pan and bake for 35-40 minutes.
Take A Poll
Do you like cooking with walnuts?
Cinnamon Sugared Walnuts - Try these tasty walnuts sprinkled on a salad!
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups walnut halves
- Add to a heavy saucepan, water, sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- Bring to a boil until mixture reaches 240F. on a candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat and stir in walnuts until coated.
- Pour onto waxed paper and work quickly to separate walnuts with a fork before sugar sets.
- Let cool.
Walnuts will stay fresh longer if stored
in the refrigerator or freezer.
Savory Walnut Dishes
- Roasted Halibut with Walnut Crust
"Chopped walnuts, herbs, and panko become a crisp, flavorful coating for the halibut fillets."
- Walnut Carrots with Honey Glaze
"Toasted walnuts and carrots are tossed with a savory honey glaze to make a tasty and easy side."
- Walnut Blue Cheese Ball
Perfect appetizer for anu occasion!
- Cheese Ravioli with Toasted Walnuts
Easy and good!
Apple, Walnut and Bleu Cheese Salad
- 4 apples
- 2 tbls. lemon juice
- 3/4 cup toasted walnut pieces
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup crumbled bleu cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- lettuce leaves
- Core apples and chop into 1 inch chunks.
- Toss with lemon juice.
- In a large bowl combine apples, walnuts, celery and bleu cheese.
- Mix together remaining ingredients and toss with apple mixture.
- Serve on lettuce leaves.