Warm Broccoli Salad
Beautiful and Delicious
For some people, some veggies need to be dressed up. For my husband one of those vegetables is broccoli. It needs to be cooked and it needs to be dressed. Here is one of the most dressed up ways to serve this nutritious green veggie.
- 8 slices bacon, cooked
- 1/2 cup raisons
- 1/4 cup almonds, sliced
- 2 bunches broccoli, cut up
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- To save time cook the bacon the day before and store in air tight container over night until needed. Cut cold strips of bacon in half lengthwise once then into tiny pieces. Set aside in big bowl with raisons and almonds.
- Wash two bunches of broccoli and cut up the bright green into bite size pieces leaving the large center stock for compost. Put the broccoli in a microwavable dish with lid. Microwave on high for 1 1/2 minutes, remove to stir then microwave on high for another minute. Broccoli will be bright green, warm, soft to bight but still a bit crunchy. Add to large bowl with bacon, almonds, etc.
- In a small bowl mix Miracle Whip (or any kind of salad dressing -- I'm used mayonnaise in a pinch too) sugar and vinegar until stirring no longer makes the crunchy noise created by the sugar. Pour over the broccoli. Using salad utensils toss broccoli and other ingredients until well coated.
- This recipe makes four to six servings depending on how big the bunches of broccoli are.
- Variation: If you want to use this as a cold salad then skip the direction on microwaving and follow the remaining directions. The cold salad should be put in fridge for at least two hours so that the vinegar can work its magic.
Dying to Try These Recipes
- Pasta with Broccoli and Pine Nuts
pasta with broccoli & pinenuts Too many fingers in too many pies. I feel like things have been ‘crazy busy’ the last few weeks – not a state I like to be in. Tonight I can’t stay and chat for […]
- Broccoli couscous recipe Vegetarian recipes from The cook's Wiki
This simple accompaniment is an ideal way to use up odd vegetables.
- Soy Spiced Spring Vegetables | Girl Interrupted Eating
A spring green fix, the vegebox is full of asparagus , purple sprouting broccoli and spring green cabbage. I am very happy,Â early this week I stir fried asparagus with soy sauce , chilli and garlic, it was so delicious I decided to make in Friday n
- 7 tips for full flavoured soups without using stock [5 ingredients | 10 minutes]
Happy New Year Everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful break. First a big THANKYOU to everyone who commented on my questions just before Christmas. I really appreciate your thoughts and comments. I’m back feeling super refreshed after a […]