Warm-up The House With Homemade Macaroni And Cheese Casserole
Winter is the time to pop food in the oven warm the house and the souls of the family. In my house this mean baking some good old-fashioned macaroni and cheese. With today's convenience foods so readily available most of us have forgotten how to prepare this meal.
Although there are many methods of cooking macaroni and cheese, I will give you a one dish method I make for my family all the time. It's smell fills the house with the scent of melted cheese and cooks to macaroni noodles right in the oven. There is very little clean-up since it only takes a casserole dish to prepare it in for a quick and easy supper.
I usually serve this dish with sliced fresh vegetables. Tomatoes and cucumbers are my favorite choice. I like to arrange them on one side of the place and save the other side for the macaroni and cheese.
- Homemade Macaroni and Cheese
- 1/2 pound elbow macaroni
- 1/2 pound chopped Velveeta cheese
- 4 ounces grated mozarella cheese
- 1 ounce grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cups water
- bread crumbs (optional)
- Place macaroni in large casserole dish and add water and cheese, stir to distribute ingredients evenly through out the dish. Place into a 350 degree oven and cook for approximately 1 hour. Top with bread crumbs if desired and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Check this dish frequently to determine how well it is cooking, When the top is golden brown and the liquid is absorbed remove from the oven.
Large ergonomic handles for improved handling
Easy snap on lid for secure transport
Soft contours for easy cleaning
Nonporous glass won't absorb stains or odors
Serves chili, mashed potatoes, or other foods
Can also be used to stir foods
Tapered handle with soft, nonslip sides
Safe to use in dishwasher
Comes with a lifetime warranty against defects
16-piece set: service for 4 includes 4 of each 10-1/2-inch dinner and 8-inch salad plates, 5-1/2-inch/18-ounce cereal bowls and 11-ounce mugs
Durable porcelain dinnerware in a brightly colored curly-q pattern for all occasions and everyday table setting