- Food and Cooking
Get Whiskey Stones and Ditch the Drippy Ice Cube Tray
What a find! These stone cubes will be a gift for myself and I'll get another set for my aunt.
I love chilled drinks but filling the ice cube trays - not so much. Just yesterday I was bemoaning the trail of water that ran across the kitchen floor from the counter to the refrigerator after filling my ice cube tray with water, wishing there were some other way to do the job - truly I was.
I like to think I'm inventive and that eventually I would come up with a solution, but since I found this substitution for the mess I can turn my creative attention elsewhere.
Why I will buy this gift:
- Clean natural rocks simplify the whole process without a drip to their name.
- They keep drinks cool just like ice does, but they go one better - the beverage stays fresh and strong since the rocks don't melt and weaken the drink.
- Store the Whiskey Stones in a bag in the freezer. They'll sit steadily in any position on a shelf or tucked in between the ice cream and bags of veggies.
- Reuse the cubes as easily as plunking pebbles into a glass of soda.
- Rinse between uses and return them to the freezer.
- 33 Reviewers rate them 4 Stars.
One set works for a couple
but get a few bags for family use or for a party. The cubes are meant to keep drinks cold so it's best to chill the beverage before pouring the drink. For alcoholic drinks drunk straight use several stones.
Your Baby Boomer parents or friends will be thrilled to have this nifty gift
I gave these gift glasses to family for an anniversary. They are perfectly suited for the cooling stones. They're made by my favorite glass manufacturer.