- Food and Cooking»
- Starter & Snack Recipes
White Chicken Nachos Recipe
White Chicken Nachos!
Looking for a great appetizer or even party food this is delicious and easy to serve? This is hands down my favorite nacho dish, I plan meals around how I can include this awesome dish. It goes over great with my herd of kids too! It's quite simple & you can make double batches to reheat later when your feeling a bit lazy about cooking.
Make a batch!
Have kids in the house? Make a bigger batch & freeze it in small servings, this is the perfect afternoon snack for hungry kids!
- 1 to 1 1/3 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapeno
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 2 teaspoons minced red bell pepper
- 1 pound diced boiled chicken
- 1 1/3 pounds white American cheese
- Yellow corn tortilla chips
- Pour 1 cup milk into a heavy saucepan (see note) set over medium-low heat. Bring to about 170
- degrees (steaming, but not quite to a simmer). Add cheese and continue to cook, stirring frequently,
- until cheese is melted. Add chicken, onion, bell pepper and jalapeno; cook until heated through,
- about 3 minutes. If sauce is too thick, add enough of the remaining 1/3 cup milk to thin to desired consistency. To serve, place a layer of tortilla chips in a shallow bowl. Drizzle with sauce. Repeat
- layers to desired serving size.
No matter what your taste this book is sure to have the perfect appetizer for you!
Love Chicken? This book is ideal for chefs with a flair for poultry...and your guests & family will love the food!