- Food and Cooking
Whole Wheat Banana Muffins
This delicious recipe for Whole Wheat Banana Muffins came about because of an old recipe that I had for blueberry muffins. I wanted to make the recipe a bit healthier since the original called for butter and white flour.
I decided to omit the butter and use canola oil instead, plus change the flour to whole wheat. I opted to use bananas, because they are mashed and they give more flavor to the overall muffin.
These are some fun variations that I would like to try with these muffins and if you try them let me know how you like them!
- Add toasted pecans or walnuts
- Bake without liners for a crispy outside (use cooking spray)
- Add chocolate chips
- Substitute another fruit; I'm tempted to try mashed strawberries
Serves: 12 large muffins
- Dry ingredients:
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- Wet ingredients:
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 very ripe large bananas, mashed
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl combine wet ingredients.
- Fold all ingredients together.
- Fill muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes or untill a toothpick comes out clean.