Simple Chicken Dishes
A little chicken and salad can suffice.
- In summer I love a piece of grilled chicken and salad. So many combinations too.
- Sweet and sour cold chicken can also be tasty for a change in scenery!
Who likes a chicken salad?
Presentation is also important
Love eating a combination of fresh green lettuce salad combined with chicken. You cut back on too many calories when you lose the french fries and eat this instead.
Chicken Ideas From Other Countries
Chicken is my favourite food.
- Love this chicken planter for herbs or chives. Would place it on my sunny window sill!
- The recipe book looks interesting, in the picture above.
- Chicken roll is also something worth a try. Looks simply delicious.
Chicken Barbecue With Friends And Family!
Smoked Chicken - A tasty alternative to chicken bake!
My Chicken Bake
Close Up Of Chicken Bake
1 packet of chicken thighs
3 med brown onions
4 med potatoes
1 desert spoon chicken spice
1 teaspoon mixed herbs
Salt & pepper to taste
2 cups boiling water
1. Place chicken pieces into a large shallow baking dish
2. Cut potatoes & onions into quarters and arrange evenly in between chicken pieces making sure chicken skin side is on top.
3. Pour boiling water into dish
4. Sprinkle mixed herbs and chicken spice over the top of everything
5. Drizzle olive oil over chicken pieces, potato & onions
6. Finish of with ground pepper.
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 deg for an hour and a half.
Note: When dishing up use a slotted serving spoon so as to lessen fat and oil intake. The stock can be frozen when cooled and the fat can then be lifted off and disposed of. Use as a stock in your favorite soup or sauce. This dish can be served with baby peas & carrots. Baking the chicken in the water makes the meat very succulent is much healthier to eat.
Hope you enjoy it!
Delicious Chicken Kebab
Delicious Hearty Bakes
Many Ways With Chicken
- Amazing how versatile chicken is and how many different ways there are to produce a delicious meal!
- Cook two or three big chickens in cooking bags and then store in the deep freeze ready to assemble into a quick party dish for friends or family. Love to do this ahead of time, so that the preparation is so much easier on the day of your party.
- Leftover chicken is so nice and mixed with some fried rice and herbs and spices. Another meal that is great for a light lunch or supper dish.To make this extra special add some fried bacon pieces and mushrooms.
- Take a ready cooked chicken and remove the skin and bones and start by layering it in a flat casserole baking dish with grated cheese , chopped spring onions and a tin of good mushroom soup. Season with garlic flakes, salt and pepper. Crumble potato crisps on the top mixed with dried bread crumbs. Dot the top with small pieces of butter and bake in a moderate oven until the top is brown and crisp. Approximately for one hour. Serve with ribbon noodles and a fresh garden salad.
- Ready cooked chicken is such a staple, ready to use with other salad items on a platter for parties on the patio. Try it with a cheese sauce and serve on a lovely oven baked potato that has been split in the middle. Top with grated cheese and finish under the grill.
- Enjoy creating your own chicken dish with your own creative twist!
Pita Bread With Smoked Chicken And Salad
Who Else Loves Chicken Pita Bread - For A Quick Meal?
- I have found that the pita bread pockets are the easiest way to make a healthy light meal!
- Normally I buy the brown ones and keep them in our freezer ready for the next meal in a hurry. We are going to have them for lunch.
- Inside will be sliced smoked chicken, tomatoes, lettuce, spring onions and some mixed herbs and spices. To finish off will be a lathering of creamy salad dressing in garlic and feta.
- There are many combinations but this will be the one for today.
- These salad pita's are less fattening than greasy burgers. We are really trying to shave off some inches without starving the body of essential nutrients and proteins.
- Have you Pita bread in your freezer?
Smoked Chicken And Salad
Easy Chicken In A Cooking Bag
- This is a quick no mess, no fuss recipe!
- Place your chicken pieces , thighs are the best, into a large cooking bag.
- Sprinkle a chicken and mushroom soup into bag and spread around by squeezing the chicken from the outside.
- Add a tin of mushroom soup and do the same as above.
- Add half a cup white wine to bag ..mix again till all three ingredients are blended.
- Tie up at the top with ties that are provided. Make sure that most of air is expelled.
- Poke three small holes in the top end of bag.
- Place in a pre heated oven 180 degrees centigrade for I hour or until chicken is cooked and sauce thick.
- Sprinkle some grated cheese over chicken as it comes out of oven.
- Serve on rice with salad.