Yummy Chicken Taco Salad
Thursdays are taco salad night at our house nearly every week, which makes weeknight dinners lots of fun. We have always been fans of Mexican food, and my husband especially likes taco salad. He asked me to make this dish so often I deemed Thursday to be taco salad night. Needless to say, he was overjoyed to have a dedicated day for one of his favorite dishes.
My Yummy Chicken Taco Salad recipe is a quick, easy, and budget friendly meal, and you most likely have all of the ingredients sitting in your pantry. The ingredients include: taco seasoning, chicken, yellow rice, and black beans. If you like, you can add toppings such as cheddar cheese, sour cream, diced tomatoes, lettuce, chopped onions, or even guacamole. I choose to keep the dish as healthy as possible using fat free sour cream and boneless, skinless chicken breasts cooked in olive oil. My Yummy Taco Salad recipe is an all in one dish served with traditional black beans and yellow rice is always a crowd pleaser, and I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does.
Do you have any favorite "all in one" recipes?
- Prep time: 25 min
- Cook time: 30 min
- Ready in: 55 min
- Yields: 2-3
- 2 boneless chicken breasts cubed
- 2 Tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1 package of taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 5 ozs of yellow rice cooked per package instructions
- 1 -15 oz can of black beans cooked per instructions
- diced tomatoes (optional)
- chopped onions (optional)
- Blue corn tortilla chips
- Place 2 Tbsps extra virgin olive oil in large sautÃ©Â© pan or skillet on low heat.
- Cut chicken into cubes and place into sautÃ©Â© pan.
- Add taco seasoning and water. Mix ingredients thoroughly.
- Continue to cook chicken over low heat. If chicken becomes too dry place lid over the skillet.
- Cook rice per package instructions.
- Cook black beans per instructions.
- Place blue corn tortilla chips onto plate, breaking larger chips into smaller pieces if needed.
- Add rice over chips.
- Layer black beans over rice and chips.
- Layer chicken over rice, black beans, and chips.
- Garnish with tomatoes, onions, and other toppings as desired.
- Ready to serve.
These sauté pans are great for dishes like chicken taco salad, but can be used for pan searing fish or for omelets. Definitely a must have for any kitchen.