Yummy Layer Salad
A Holiday Favorite
Here's a neat little recipe you can try for the holidays. It's one of my husband's favorites, and it's a great alternative to the Green Bean Casserole we're all familiar with. Oh what the heck, you could have both. This recipe came from my mother-in-law, and it's very easy and quick to make.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 30-35 Minutes
- 1 Large head of Lettuce
- 1/2 cup chopped Onion
- 1/2 cup chopped Celery
- 1/2 cup chopped Green Pepper
- 1 package Frozen Peas (do not thaw)
- 2 cups Mayonnaise or Salad Dressing
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1/2 lb. grated Cheddar Cheese
- 4 slices of Bacon
- cooked crisp and crumbled
- Cut the lettuce into small pieces. Put half of the chopped lettuce into a very large mixing bowl. Layer the onions, celery, green pepper, and peas. Top these layers with the rest of the lettuce. Mix mayonnaise and sugar and put on top of the lettuce. The cheese and bacon are the top layer. Cover and let stand overnight. This salad lasts very well and is almost a meal in itself.
Start With A Cutting Board
You need a cutting board for chopping all those vegetables.
Now The Bowl
You've done all your chopping and mixing, now you need a bowl to put it in.
Thanks for dropping by. I hope I made you want to try this recipe. It's so good, even my 6 year old son likes it.