Yummy Oven Baked Barbecue Rib
These side pork ribs are the most tastiest and tender cuts; everyone will love them. There are a lot of different ways of making ribs, I prefer the simplest ways. This is my favourite and best of all it is very easy to make. Enjoy!
- 10 lbs pork side ribs
- 2 tablespoons hickory, smoked seasoning
- 2 tablespoons blackpepper
- 1 tablepoon garlic powder
- 500 ml barbecue sauce, of your choice
- coconut oil
Side Pork Ribs
Use side pork ribs for this recipe. Cut ribs between the bones. See above picture.
Place the ribs in a large bowl sprinkle with the hickory smoked seasoning, black pepper and garlic powder. Thoroughly rub in seasoning to coat ribs properly. See above picture.
Cover the bowl with cling wrap and place in the fridge to marinate for one to two hours.
First preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
In a large frying pan on medium high heat add just enough coconut oil to cover the bottom of the pan. Add the ribs and sear them until they are brown. You will have to do them in several batches. See above picture.
Place the ribs in single layers on an extra large baking pan. Cover with tinfoil and bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes. Remove the cover and turn the ribs over on the other side, recover and bake for another 40 minutes.
- Remove the cover and generously brush the top of each piece with the barbecue sauce (do not turn them over as yet)
- Place them back in the oven for 10 minutes.
- After the first 10 minutes turn them over and brush the other side with the barbecue sauce and place them back in the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Turn them over again and brush with the barbecue sauce and place back into oven for another 10 minutes.
- Turn off the oven. You can leave them in the oven for 5 minutes or remove them until ready to serve,