What's the deal with uploading new profile picture? Won't load.....

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (23 posts)
  1. donotfear profile image84
    donotfearposted 13 years ago

So everytime I try to up load a new profile pic, it acts like it loads, then shows a blank, gray square where the pic should be.  ON the upper left corner it has a little red ex.  I even tried to upload old photos I'd used before. No deal. Just won't load pics for me anymore. I even changed the size of the pic. Still won't go....  Glitch somewhere? Don't think it's on my puter.

2. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

That is Really Strange and a Worry! hmm
    And Bugger.. You are a Good Looker Too!! smile lol

donotfearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What could it be....?

Well bless your heart....I'm from the south, too! EEEEoooooowww!

1. profile image0
        kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I suppose common knowledge I change my avatar just about everyday big_smile and yes I would say maybe 1 in 4 attempts work, and I also find it works better if you go through profile settings.

Your not alone girl

damn avatars lol

Hey!!  How are you?  I like to change it every month or so....th changelings think alike.  It used to work every time.   Profile settings?  Not sure I know what you mean there.

3. Milla Mahno profile image61
    Milla Mahnoposted 13 years ago

Do you by chance use Internet Explorer?

Yes, I do.

1. Milla Mahno profile image61
        Milla Mahnoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Dare to try firefox? Not that I am a pro, but it fixed most hubpages problems for me.

Well, it's the only thing I've ever had a glitch with on Hub. I'm gonna try Maddie's suggestion first.

4. Maddie Ruud profile image72
    Maddie Ruudposted 13 years ago

Try holding the shift key while hitting the refresh button on your browser.  Sometimes browsers hold onto old javascript that inhibits you from seeing your own profile picture (or continues to show you your old one for a while), while the rest of us see the new one just fine.

Whoa!? Really? Let me try it.....

I just tried to do this..........
        It actually uploaded the pic. Then I cropped it. After that it just went back to the same one.   Are you guys seeing the avatar that says Beat LYme Disease across the picture?

1. profile image0
            pinkyleeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I had to crop my pic smaller instead of larger and nope no av that says beat lyme disease

Wait a minute.....I'm showing my avatar that's me with a gun, Bible & dog..really, I swear....& it says 'Beat Lyme Disease" in bright green.  You don't see that?  Am I hallucinating?

1. Milla Mahno profile image61
                Milla Mahnoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I see the same

2. Cagsil profile image70
                Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, it says it. smile

At least I know I don't need to assess myself. Okay, well.....I'm going to continue to try to change it.  I don't know about switching to Firefox. I'm afraid it would screw something else up. I don't feel like messing with it.  Darn, it used to NEVER be a problem.

1. profile image0
                    pinkyleeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I see it never mind that's my fault ... I ain't been real with it the last two weeks

Sorry for the confusion but I was having the same prob with my avatar but it seems to be working fine now. again sorry

5. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years ago

lol  girl I bet if you tried posting something crude that would get you banned I swear $50 bucks says it would work, then with our luck we'd have those avatars stick and be looking for a new site to write on that probably doesn't have avatars lol

lol

Maddie I swear I'm joking, but how funny would that be hmm:

OOOps!!  Well, if I did post something rude & crude, it wouldn't be under this identity!! lol

EEeeeeyawww!

6. donotfear profile image84
    donotfearposted 13 years ago

Tah-dah!!!  I got it , I got it!!!  See, I did it.

I did the trick Maddie suggested a couple of times. Then when I clicked on CROP, I clicked twice really quick.  That did it...

I'm at the top of the Space Needle in Seattle in this one. I thought it was cool since I'm so scared of heights....captured the whole experience on video.

7. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

I have that same issue too..  I just assumed I was too attractive for the internet

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)