Family Claiming To Be Innocent Loaded With Convicted Criminals

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (54 posts)
  1. lang58 profile image60
    lang58posted 13 years ago

My question is: How far will some criminals go to hide their "true nature"?

I welcome any answers to this very important question.

Someone answer this question please.

1. CASE1WORKER profile image61
      CASE1WORKERposted 13 years agoin reply to this

you are assumning they actually know what their true nature is?

lang58posted 13 years agoin reply to this

case1worker, are you saying they believe there is nothing wrong with them and they believe they have NOT DONE  anything wrong?

1. donotfear profile image84
          donotfearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No, that's not what she's saying....I don't get that from her post. She's answering a question with a question here in the light that the criminals actually don't even know their own nature. It's a 'norm' for them. So how can they even know what their true nature is?

Thanks, donotfear. I get that.

2. lang58 profile image60

donotfear: I realized she answered my question with a question and her question carried an answer. I mearly would have liked her to verify it. But, no matter, her answer is still present.

donotfear: your answer seems to agree with mine.  Its all in the wording.

1. donotfear profile image84
              donotfearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Right on....

2. CASE1WORKER profile image61
          CASE1WORKERposted 13 years agoin reply to this

sorry, i was off dealing with the children.

In my experience it is often the case that criminals do not have the same sensse of judgement as the normal person. For example i think that you would agree with me that theft is unacceptable, whatever the reason. There are families where this is the "norm"- it is only through educating the younger generations of these families that we are able to break this cycle.

Case1Worker:  I do agree that positive education provided to the Younger Generations of these criminal families could break the abuse and criminal cycles.

Positive education provided by the right people being KEY.

Thank you for returning. Hope your children are doing fine.

2. fresnavee profile image58
      fresnaveeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"Convicted criminals" implies that they committed a crime, were convicted of it and then paid their debt to society. The word "loaded" implies that a majority of the family has criminals in it.

I've known a family like this that eventually went off to start a company in the house remodeling business that ended up getting in trouble for stealing from houses. Who would have thought?

Anyway, the main thing I want to say about this is that human nature constantly changes (or sometimes doesn't). It's all much, much too easy for a person convicted of a crime to be living right besides you for 15 years and not even know about their crimes.

In this case, much of the family does have criminal records. Right down to the cousins. The crimes are on going as recently as last summer.
        When you said its too easy for a convicted criminal to live right beside you for many years and you wouldn't have guessed it... I call that a PRO CRIMINAL with a deep dark side that is well hidden!  The other thing you said about the criminal family and them stealing from houses.... I call that a REPEAT OFFENDER.

3. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey Lang, I think your question is filled with ambiguity to say the least.

The generalization of "criminals" is where you go astray. Not all criminals hide their "true" nature. Secondly, not all criminals hide their past actions, because they have accepted that it has happened and the circumstances for each is different.

However, even with that said, some criminals, like killers or serial rapists, and the such, will do whatever is within their power to keep what they do hidden, so as to abstain from being found out.

Not all criminals are dangerous, some are just ignorant.

lol  lol  Cagsil:  You failed to read my room question. Please read it again. My question is:  How far will SOME criminals go to hide their true nature?  Cagsil... all criminals hide their "true nature" even if only for a moment in TIME.  Think about it, if they didn't... they wouldn't be able to get away with their crime in the first place!  I disagree with you... all criminals are dangerous.  Have a nice day cagsil smile

My question said "Some"  criminals.  NOT all criminals, Cagsil. lol  smile  again, have a nice day! smile

4. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey Lang, not to be a pain in the arse, but ignorance is bliss.

I answered your question and then you proceed to tell me that I failed to read it. However, I still answered the question, even the way you presented.

"think about it, if they didn't....they wouldn't be able to get away with their crime in the first place!"

Boy, you need to learn how to talk. If a person is a criminal, then they GOT CAUGHT, otherwise you would not know they were criminals.

YOU make the distinction that ALL criminals are dangerous. When in fact- the REAL truth of the matter is not all criminals are dangerous. Some people are criminals because they do not know any better or do not see a path to go down without becoming one.

Criminals are not good, but not every criminal is dangerous. Your negative view is what makes you dangerous, more so than those criminals who actually do not hurt(physically) anyone.

So, you think about that.

As for the TOPIC you choose to use- Family claiming to be innocent loaded with convicted criminals.

This singular statement is foolish. A family claiming to be innocent, but has a bunch of criminals is obvious not innocent.

If you happen to encounter a family claiming such innocence, then I would suggest you stay away from the family and not bother with them. This would be a no-brainer.

1. susanlang profile image59
        susanlangposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Cagsil... you continue to prove my point. Again you failed to deal with the concern I have regarding your reckless mistake when you MISREAD Mark's topic question. For the last time, fess up Cagsil.  His question was "Some Criminals"  Not "ALL Criminals"  As you accused him.

Further more..  if he believes all criminals hide their true nature, even if for only a few seconds, so as they can complete their crime, Mark has a right to believe that and it has nothing to do with your misreading Mark's question as to 'SOME CRIMINALS"  Not ALL, as you accused him of in your response.
        Maybe you have a hard time fessing up to your Mistakes Cagsil!

2. susanlang profile image59

Cagsil smile  once again you have no clue what the concept of Mark's thoughts are and yet... you pretend to know what he's thinking?  WOW... your an unreal trip!  I will not respond to anymore of your bs. It's pointless to do so!  smile

2. Rafini profile image81
    Rafiniposted 13 years ago

It just so happens my ex-family is (imho) a drug addicted criminal minded family. 

This family is manipulative, deceitful, liars, controlling.  What matters most to them is appearances.  As long as they appear to be happy, they are happy.  As long as they appear to be law abiding citizens, they are law abiding citizens.  They live in denial.

6 members of this family have been arrested for a variety of crimes (armed robbery, drugs, drunk driving, forgery, prostitution activity)  and 2 have spent time in prison more than once.  1 member of this family set up a 'drug deal' gone bad (someone was murdered that night) and then turned witness for the prosecution.  This family member ended up being murdered, while her young child slept on her lap, by the child's father who had recently been released from prison and was on a monitoring bracelet.  The family immediately called the newspaper to request a reporter for a story on her - the family told me it was for 'damage control'.

They are experts in talking their way out of minor issues until the issues pile up (such as 10 tickets for driving without a valid license).  This family is also very adept at shifting the blame away from themselves and onto unsuspecting & innocent yet unwilling participants. (wonder why I divorced? lol)

I cant agree that criminal families don't know what they're doing.  Not at all.

Rafini: You just described criminal families with superb detail.

That is an eye opener!

Well done!

Thank you,

Mark

1. Rafini profile image81
        Rafiniposted 13 years agoin reply to this

yeah.,.,,,being married into this family was an eye opener!  lol  it taught me to get to know people first....of course I didn't learn that lesson soon enough, even after the divorce.

Rafini: 

Don't be so hard on yourself...life is always teaching us day by day. I'm glad you made it out alive!

One family I know has criminals x 3, even some of the older cousins have police records. So again, I'm glad you made it out alive, your blessed.

lol   my point is... I think this is one of my issues to deal with in this life.  lol
            Getting to know people is a social activity and I'm not a social person. big_smile
            What I can do is absorb the projections thrown at me and become confused to the point I ignore them and then get myself involved with people I'd rather not know. hmm
            I'm learning now....write a character sketch and decide - do I really want to know this person?  lol big_smile hmm

3. MikeNV profile image68
    MikeNVposted 13 years ago

Where is the rest of the story?

I suppose one could make an assumption that if there is one criminal in a family then the entire family is criminals? But it would be untrue.

So again what is the basis of the post?

1. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree.  I feel like I am being asked to insult people without even knowing who they are and what they did.  Weird.

Deleted

Whooaa.  Personal attacks such as this aren't a welcome feature.  Psycheskinner and MikeNV were just posting thoughts on a public forum.

Rafini, I'm shocked that you would back peddle. You know the forum Rules. Rule number #1: Stay on topic. Rule#2 If the forum topic is in the form of a question, and you come into the forum, you should answer the forum question. This room is not for spammers and spinners who want nothing more then to derail the forum topic question. So please, anyone comming in stay on topic as that is the hub rules. If you dont want to answer the topic question then please leave and go somewhere else. You can always create your own forum somewhere else!  Thank you.

Implying that you need to clarify the question is not against the forum rules.  But your reaction, which you or someone else felt the need to delete, suggests to me that I was right in my interpretation.  You just want affirmation, not informed debate.

You just want to be an room disruptive!  Please leave. This room has a question you have not answered. This room QUESTION never asked for a debate!  If you want a debate, skinner, then go to a room which is looking for a debate.

Im my opinion, your disrespectful comming in here and not willing to answer the room question...but rude as you are... I will say...it's POINTLESS to say anything more to you at this time. So, I will now  tune you out.  Bye...bye! smile

You have the right to ignore, but you simply don't have the right to ask me to leave.  I am doing nothing wrong is asking what specific events are behind your rather loaded question.  Although you clearer choose not, for some reason, to provide that information.

2. profile image0
          china manposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Are you getting medical help for your condition ?  You seem more angry than most people get about most things. Complaining here is ok, even welcome on a slow forum day, but personal attacks like the one above will get you switched off I expect.

If you post here you have to expect replies that you don't like - maybe an apology is in order ?

china man, you have been reported!  Please leave. Thank you.

1. profile image0

I don't think it against Hubrules to reply on any forum. If you want to discuss some issue then you can make it clear what you are talking about and then we can discuss it - which is what forum is about.

I see you have expanded your original post to explain this is your own family you are talking about.  Did you leave or did they reject you ?

China Man - I think its best to let it be for now....

china man, you are disruptive and abusive, I reported you twice. For the last time, please leave.  For the record, I am not talking about my own family. China man is spinning out of CONTROL. China man must leave. Thank you.

And those reports led to... nothing, because the only one crossing the line here is....?

3. psycheskinner profile image83

Um, your not the boss here dude.

1. susanlang profile image59

His name is Mark. Skinner, not dude. He served our country so people like you can call him names and disrupt his forum question without answering it.
                  After this, I will not be addressing you. Its pointless!  Thank you.

China man:  I will ask you that same question. smile  You will not hurt my feelings if you leave this room and never come back! Bye..bye  smile

3. lang58 profile image60

Pysche:  You may leave also. I wouldn't want you to feel uneasy about being involved in this topic question. So why did you come in here? I will not be upset if you leave!  smile

I am staying.

Mike: the basis of the post is for you to simply answer the post question!

If you don't want to...then ask yourself why your here. smile

Please stay with the forum topic question. If you can not do that.. if you refuse to answer the question then your refusing to stay on topic. That is against the hub rules, so in that case, PLEASE leave. All others, please feel free to answer the forum question. Thank you.

you must not come in the forums very often.  people join in the conversation in a variety of ways.  they were just looking for clarification before answering.  neutral

1. profile image0

Don't you think the thread topic is only half a question making it unanswerable?  like one sandwich short of a  picnic ?

no, I got it.

My question is: How far will some criminals go to hide their "true nature"?

Very answerable.

China man :  please leave, you are disruptive and not welcome in this forum I created. Please leave and find your own forum room to disrupt. Thank you.

Rafini: I know what your sock puppets were doing. Please leave now. You are NO longer on topic. Thank you.

Rafini:  if you ever understood the meaning of unbiased fairness, it would be a real shock to me!  I'm sure you will use your power to kick me out of the forum room I created, yet again.  Have fun, who ever you are!  smile  Just think...I served the country you live in just so you can go on treating people unfairly on hubpages!  smile  smile

Rafini said:  It just so happens my ex-family is (imho) a drug addicted criminal minded family. 

This family is manipulative, deceitful, liars, controlling.  What matters most to them is appearances.  As long as they appear to be happy, they are happy.  As long as they appear to be law abiding citizens, they are law abiding citizens.  They live in denial.

6 members of this family have been arrested for a variety of crimes (armed robbery, drugs, drunk driving, forgery, prostitution activity)  and 2 have spent time in prison more than once.  1 member of this family set up a 'drug deal' gone bad (someone was murdered that night) and then turned witness for the prosecution.  This family member ended up being murdered, while her young child slept on her lap, by the child's father who had recently been released from prison and was on a monitoring bracelet.  The family immediately called the newspaper to request a reporter for a story on her - the family told me it was for 'damage control'.

They are experts in talking their way out of minor issues until the issues pile up (such as 10 tickets for driving without a valid license).  This family is also very adept at shifting the blame away from themselves and onto unsuspecting & innocent yet unwilling participants. (wonder why I divorced? )

4. lang58 profile image60

And I replyed :  Rafini: You just described criminal families with superb detail.

That is an eye opener!

Well done!

Thank you,

Mark

5. lang58 profile image60

My question is: how far will some criminals go to hide their true nature? Please answer the question. Thank you.

6. susanlang profile image59
      susanlangposted 13 years ago

Hi Mark,

I was not aware you had created this forum topic however, I would like to answer the question this forum topic presents.

My answer is: If nature is wrong, it is nurture's responsibility to take over. Criminals may begin a psychological addiction to criminal activity while young, but just like any other addiction, it can be overcome with the proper care.

It is both the parents' and society's responsibility to provide or provide access to this adequate care, understanding it may require deep mental help. On the other hand, a good natured person can be badly nurtured and turn out criminal.

Even someone who does not show signs of criminal activity while young, if raised with severely wrong, be it via morals, values, abuse, etc, can have nature overridden for the worse.

If such criminal activity is in one's personality, the first step is admitting the problem. I think a serious issue is parents not wanting to realize that their child could have a severe mental disorder. Instead they think simple discipline will stop such activities. Or, they the parents contribute to the criminal mind of the child by abusing the child while growing up.

What they don't realize is that it is just like being addicted to a drug. For some reason, their child's body produces endorphins or other pleasing stimulants as a result of successful criminal activity. As such, the issue at hand must be treated accordingly. Just like it is virtually impossible for a drug addict to come clean and stay clean without accountability, so it is the same with criminal activity. Because of the legal issues of criminal activity, it is actually probably even harder for a criminal addict to seek help than a drug addict.

Again, just like an addiction, the more the addict partakes, the more the addict wants. Thusly small fires lead to full fledged arson and killing small animals leads to serial murder. So do criminals have a choice? Yes. They always have a choice. It just becomes harder and harder to resist the more they give in.

Susan:  thank you for providing an answer to a very simple question!  Good answer too.  smile

7. susanlang profile image59
      susanlangposted 13 years ago

Oh...your welcome Mark. I enjoyed answering your question ragarding "Some" criminals. smile  It was an easy question..thanks for asking it! smile

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)