Woman Posed as Boy to Have Sex with Young Girl

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (14 posts)
  1. theirishobserver. profile image61
    theirishobserver.posted 13 years ago

LEBANON — Police determined that 14-year-old Matthew Abrams actually was a 31-year-old woman after finding her alleged victim on the streets of Franklin last month, malnourished and with sores on her feet.

Patricia Dye’s true gender also surprised the friend charged with keeping track of the 16-year-old girl while the teen’s mother was undergoing gallbladder surgery at Sycamore Hospital in Miamisburg.

Dye is accused of luring the teen into a sexual relationship.

“It’s very, very disturbing. She had me fooled. I thought I was dealing with a 14-year-old boy,” said the friend, Melissa Neumann of Middletown.

On Wednesday, July 7, Dye remained in the Warren County Jail on $100,000 bond, waiting for a grand jury to consider her case. She is charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor and engaging in unlawful sex with a minor.

The victim ran away from home June 22 — her 16th birthday — according to police.

Neumann said she sent text messages urging her friend’s daughter to come home.

When police picked up the girl on June 24, she said she had not eaten in three days and had sores on her feet, Neumann said.

After she left home, the teen and Dye were “in and out” of a room at Collie’s Motel on North Main Street in Franklin that Dye shared with her parents, Springboro police Sgt. Bob Marchiny said.

Authorities turned the victim over to her aunt after she was examined at Children’s Medical Center of Dayton, the aunt said.

The girl has since been reunited with her mother, family members said.

The aunt said she changed the girl’s pass codes to Myspace, Facebook and an alumni page for Franklin High School graduates to protect her from Dye, who was portraying herself online as Abrams and under other identities.

The aunt said police showed her as many as five pictures, some portraying Dye as a man, others as a woman.

“I had no clue,” said the aunt, who is not being identified by name for this story to protect the identity of the victim. “I hope to God that she never gets out.”

Dye, arrested June 30 in Franklin, had no local criminal record. No other charges have been filed, but police have said they were investigating whether there were other victims.

1. alternate poet profile image66
      alternate poetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Disturbing description of much of the internet it would appear. I guess this is what happens when the net becomes real.

It is also disturbing that the idea of fragmented families who appear to live in motel rooms seems to raise no comment.

1. psycheskinner profile image83
        psycheskinnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The family were not in hotel rooms, the abuser and child were.  And hotels are not in the habit of caring who stays in them.

2. Elpaso profile image60
      Elpasoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Okay...you posted this for what?  Child molesters come in all shapes and sizes. What can you do?

1. alternate poet profile image66
        alternate poetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

be aware of them and their methods and practices so you can advise others on how not to get captured or whatever ????  Maybe like your own kids or relatives ??

1. Elpaso profile image60

You right! This one was pretty clever. Again I ask, what can you do? You can't protect your children from preditors on the streets or on the internet. I wish there was a way to protect them. there's nothing we can do.

1. profile image0
            china manposted 13 years agoin reply to this

As an irrelvant aside - they don't think that way here, they try them and then shoot them.  I am against the death sentence for many reaons and I still can't find fault in this answer to suh a difficult problem.

1. omi saide profile image60
              omi saideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The death penalty for pedophile, serial rapist, etc against chidren is okay. I don't think we should spend so much housing them in prison. When they definitely "the one" that hurt a baby-oh well... Being unemployed, It might give some of us "post victims" employment killing to birds with one stone, huh?

2. theirishobserver. profile image61

The reason I posted this -  is so that those among us - who continue to believe that sexual crime is only perpetrated by men - can wake up and smell reality - I have written a great deal about sexual crime and shown how women are just as able as men to Rape and Sexually exploit children - yet the message is failing to get through - 99% of writing on the internet and in the world focuses on men as the sex criminal - yet women are equally as able to committ the same crimes - thats the point of the thread smile

1. Elpaso profile image60

Ok, you got to admit it's a 9 to 1 ratio. That's why it's not reported or commented on often, unless it's some school teacher raping one of her students.

2. WryLilt profile image89
      WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree, TIO - I wrote a hub about domestic violence against men, and would say that when a woman does commit a crime, she can often be much more complicated and manipulative.

3. omi saide profile image60
      omi saideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

people focus on men because a man's genital can be used as a weapon to inflict pain. Women on the other....spread this malignancy through mind control. So many young girls has been turned out by women...its tragic.

3. theirishobserver. profile image61

wrylilt - its a horrible subject and I actually hate having to raise the subject but each and every day the news is full of stories from around the world - I just wonder is there an answer - I just dont know smile

1. WryLilt profile image89
      WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

While humans still live, there is no answer. Anything we do will just cause them to hide more or make us hypocrites in some eyes.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)