Is there a doctor in the house? Cure for love sickness needed...

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (40 posts)
  1. ilmdamaily profile image69
    ilmdamailyposted 13 years ago

Ugh...

I've contracted a totally epic case of love sickness.

Symptoms include loss of appetite, a dramatically shortened attention spa..hey look - a bird!, and increasing difficulty pronouncing any words with consonants in them - which is all of them. 

Normally, I can handle it - but this is a severe case.

Nothing to do with a broken heart or anything like that - the butterflies of attraction have just escaped their cage (againnn) and need to be gently herded back in there, lest I become ungentlemanly or buffoon-ish.   

Anyone got a net I can borrow?

Home remedies? Comfort foods? Mental techniques? Jiu jitsu holds?

Anything, please...before I start playing Bryan Adams songs. Oh god, the thought of that just made me a tiny bit sick.

What's happened to me?

1. Daniel Carter profile image63
      Daniel Carterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Contact the person who infected you, and make sure you rub affected areas twice daily for relief.

ilmdamailyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh nice lol - I love the idea of that:-)

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i think it's sweet...that you could be falling in luv...so if the feeling stays for a while...you've got a problem....if it clears up with any of the remedies suggested...then...just have fun!   back to work for me now...

Aww, thanks:-) Yes, this one's a slow burner - been holding on to it for over a year now. Distance - and if i'm honest age - conspire to keep the two of us separate, for now at least. Though I suspect she harbours similar feelings, it's just a case of finding a way to tread water until the time is right:-)

3. Kimberly Bunch profile image60
      Kimberly Bunchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Do something fun that will take your mind off of her. Also you can write your feelings down then burn it. It takes time to heal. Realize that and read self help books or go out and have fun to take your mind off of her.

Remember: Time heals all wounds.

smile

2. alternate poet profile image67
    alternate poetposted 13 years ago

Go meet her mother as this is what she will be soon ish - 70% chance of total cure.  If you fall for her mother also then you are beyond hope big_smile

3. ilmdamaily profile image69
    ilmdamailyposted 13 years ago

LOL - thanks alternate poet:-) Normally, that would work!

But you wouldn't read about it - her mother isn't bad either.

Doomed!

1. the pink umbrella profile image74
      the pink umbrellaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ok, the only cure for you is to let her know how you feel! Because either way, you will have an answer. If its that she feels the same way, or is willing to spend time with you to find out, then yes! score!
      If its a no, you will have closure!

And by the way...us girls arent that hard to approach, and most offers flatter the yay! right out of us!

4. Disturbia profile image61
    Disturbiaposted 13 years ago

I'm afraid there is no cure for what you've got. Unfortunately most of your symptoms will fade over time.

Enjoy the butterflies while they last.

1. Stimp profile image61
      Stimpposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well look at how cute you are....just look at it....

5. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

to cure your illness...

take two of these and don't call them in the morning...

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/80/219979846_0a7a025440.jpg?v=0

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image75
      Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Holy Fu......... [self-edited-so-I-dont-get-banned-from-the-forums] smoke !!!!

2. ilmdamaily profile image69

Ha! Nice one mate:-D

Unlike most other medication, i'm guessing this one is best taken WITH alcohol;-)

1. profile image0
        Home Girlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just cold shower,dude, cold shower...

2. the pink umbrella profile image74

Gross...they are obviously sisters...yucky boys...no!...no! lol

........But........but.Pink, they're TWINS !!!!!! and Home girl, can have TWO cold showers........ why is it only us guys are understanding this????? lol tongue

No no no! yucky icky boys! lol. They are sisters...what makes it ok to double team with sisters! ewe! I will never understand you boys and your twin fantasies. haha

but but but !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahaha

6. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 13 years ago
  7. Shadesbreath profile image77
    Shadesbreathposted 13 years ago

Watch her drop a deuce and you'll reckon her human again.

Ha!

Unless i'm really -- really -- f*cked up.

Which i'm not;-)

Damnit, that's actually working...eww.

1. Shadesbreath profile image77
        Shadesbreathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Told ya.  Nothing clips off a pair of angel wings like the fleshy flutter of flatulence and a nice big splash.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
          Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL That was un necessary - although - I understand some like that sort of thing. wink One man's meat................

I'm just saying.  tongue

8. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

Imagine her 50 lbs overweight and wearing a housecoat.

1. Joy56 profile image67
      Joy56posted 13 years agoin reply to this

rollers in her hair and a cigarette in her mouth.

My kinda girl!

9. profile image0
    DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years ago

is she unavailable? why the need for a cure?

We're each alternately available then unavailable...age and distance are big boundaries at the moment, though only for the time being. Spoke to her again recently, and just lost all control again lol - just looking for a way to ride the whirlwind...

...but you're right - why look for a cure when the sickness is just so nice:-)

1. Joy56 profile image67

if it aint broke don't fix it..........  just wait is she very young?

Good thinking!

She's old enough for it to be legal, young enough for it to be a scandal. Or maybe it's my age that's the scandal...either way there's like 10 years between us.

1. profile image0
            china manposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Age difference is no real issue - I am over 60 and when we marry next year my wife will be 25 turning 26.  It is all about whether you can give her the things she needs like security, stability and love, - nothing else.

oh, well than you can always lie to her parents about your age. who cares? Plenty of couples fib about their partner to their parents...i mean, i dont, but i would if it was something stupid getting in the way of love.

1. alternate poet profile image67
                alternate poetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is not necessary to lie to her parents about anything - i can give her everything she needs and wants plus security and many other things not so easy gained from a younger guy.  Is the point about age difference in marriage.

2. Disturbia profile image61
            Disturbiaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL, I love it.... the age difference and the scandal part I mean.  My 1st husband was 40+ years older than myself and bisexual, needless to say, we made quite the scandal and enjoyed every bit of it.  Why do you want a cure anyway?  Epic love sickness is awesome and it fades all too quickly...  Who knows, some day you may wake up to find all the passion sucked from your life, wishing once again for this feeling of exhilaration.

2. the pink umbrella profile image74

Is she under 18? how old are you?

3. profile image0
        DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years agoin reply to this

ahhhh....I see. well...good luck I guess. I was in love with a guy in highschool. I thought he had feelings for me too, but he wouldn't say or do anything, becuase I was older than him. (a year and a half) Anywyay, after gradutaing he joined the army.  Three and a half years later he came back. For the first time we were both single at the same time...and this October we will have our 11th wedding anniversary.

10. Stimp profile image61
    Stimpposted 13 years ago

This too shall pass.....there are people that come and go in your life.  Those that don't make it to the future are not meant to.  Learn from what they taught you and apply it to future situations.  For now, look forward to TWO WEEKS from now.  Why?  Cuz, this'll be behind you for the most part. I promise.  Stimp's gotta alot of hurt in life to last anyone a life time....but Stimp keeps goin....Don't give up.

1. Joy56 profile image67

well done stimp......  ten years is nothing between friends.......

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)