Are you in good standing with GOD?

Jump to Last Post 1-27 of 27 discussions (78 posts)
  1. nlogan profile image60
    nloganposted 13 years ago

Sometimes it's hard to ask ask that question! "Are you in good standing with God"?

We have to stop and evaluate what we have been doing to strengthen or compromise our walk with Jesus... Are we being courteous and treating others as we what to be treated, are we tring to outreach to others, are we sowing a seed, do we have a personal relationship with him? Or do we just sit back and watch life pass us by, are you engaging in ungodly things, not repenting and never thinking twice about others feelings or needs.

Do you think if you pass away right now will you go to heaven?

1. Beelzedad profile image58
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think those contradict each other when it comes to evangelizing Christianity, ie/ "outreach to others". It is not courteous to do so and many would not want to be treated that way.

If I were to do "godly" things, that would be to evangelize, hence I'm not supposed to think twice about others feelings or needs.

I'll go to Yonkers.  smile

2. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am in GREAT standing. Seriously - she dun tole me I am good. But - no beer for you becoz u picked the rong god. sad
      http://www.venganza.org/images/wallpapers/noodledoodle1024_768.jpg

U must b very angry.  sad

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image73
        Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? No Beer???????????????

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

*cries into empty beer glass*

1. Mark Knowles profile image59

It is not too late to join you know. Beer and strippers for eternity can be yours.  big_smile

WOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Sign me up for the righteousness of beer and strippin......I mean strippers big_smile

You are now officially a member of the Church of The Flying Spaghetti Monster, and as such are entitled to unlimited beer and strippers in heaven when you die. You can also be as condescending to unbelievers as you like - clearly they are too close minded to understand and see the Magnificence in front of their eyes. Their loss - and your sound judgment sets you above them both intellectually and morally.

Welcome aboard. Only one rule - "No Gods before Me" - so, Pasta as the first course always. big_smile

RAmen.

Yay as I lay down the plate of pasta before me, I shall thank the The Flying Spaghetti Monster for all it's deliverance and shall inherit the magnificence of Beer and Strippers when I enter the Big Plate In The Sky

RAmen

1. profile image0
                  sandieganlizposted 13 years agoin reply to this

baaaaaaaddddddd!!!!

3. KeithTax profile image73
      KeithTaxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Which one?

4. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes I am going back home to God.

5. pisean282311 profile image62
      pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

now isn't that domain of god to judge what is good standing and what is isn't..one must live life as per one's inner voice and forget about what people/books say..let god judge ..who are we do comment?...

6. britneydavidson profile image60
      britneydavidsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes - I am good standing with GOD.

Right now there is no heaven present on earth so there is no question arise -"if you pass away right now will you go to heaven?"

7. ncarpenter profile image61
      ncarpenterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

First God can not see sin...that is why you say -we have to stop and evaluate what we have been doing to strengthen or compromise our walk with Jesus.

Do I think if I die will I go to heaven? Does heaven really exist? They say it there but I lost my mother and I know she said before she passed it's such a beautiful place I am going too..Did she see something?  I think she did and hope she loves it where it was and hope everyone can go there.

1. IntimatEvolution profile image67
        IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I completely disagree with this statement.  God sees sin.  To think otherwise, is being naive.  That's my opinion.

God is God.  Just because he turned over the forgiveness process to Jesus, doesn't mean he cannot change his mind.  Oh he sees sins alright. 

This is how I believe.

1. Beelzedad profile image58
          Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

They are beliefs, as you say, so it wouldn't make sense to tell someone else their beliefs are naive. That is naive in itself. smile

2. earnestshub profile image80
          earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That would be this god I suppose. smile

From there Elisha went up to Bethel.  While he was on his way, some small boys came out of the city and jeered at him.  "Go up baldhead," they shouted, "go up baldhead!"  The prophet turned and saw them, and he cursed them in the name of the Lord.  Then two shebears came out of the woods and tore forty two of the children to pieces.  (2 Kings 2:23-24 NAB)

And he smote of the men of Beth-shemesh, because they had looked into the ark of Jehovah, he smote of the people seventy men, `and' fifty thousand men; and the people mourned, because Jehovah had smitten the people with a great slaughter.  And the men of Beth-shemesh said, Who is able to stand before Jehovah, this holy God? and to whom shall he go up from us?   (1Samuel 6:19-20 ASV)

Meanwhile, the LORD instructed one of the group of prophets to say to another man, "Strike me!"  But the man refused to strike the prophet.  Then the prophet told him, "Because you have not obeyed the voice of the LORD, a lion will kill you as soon as you leave me."  And sure enough, when he had gone, a lion attacked and killed him.  (1 Kings 20:35-36 NLT)

Sick psychotic little god! lol

8. profile image58
      exorterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

all our righteousness are as filthy rags, and by his grace we can make it

9. starme77 profile image76
      starme77posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hell yeah I'm goin straight to heaven smile fer real man

10. profile image58
      exorterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If ye think ye stand take heed least ye fall, we all must strive to get closer to god

2. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

Surely, I eat spaghetti with meatballs daily wink

1. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

http://www.sos.state.oh.us/sos/App_Themes/images/BShome_08.jpg

2. pisean282311 profile image62
      pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

3. profile image54
    pladecqalvoposted 13 years ago

No, I don't believe there is a 'heaven' just like I don't believe there is any "god". Even if I'm wrong I won't be going to any heaven because I don't follow the 613 Laws of the Mitzvot. How about you...do you follow all of the 613 laws? It is a requirement to get into your heaven apparently so if you don't follow each and every one of them....you aren't going to heaven either. Sorry about that!

4. Daniel Carter profile image63
    Daniel Carterposted 13 years ago

I don't know, but god (if there is one) is in pretty good standing with me. No bones to pick...

Re: Mitzvot. The more rules you create, the more rule-breakers you get. If this is what god wanted, he/she/it got it. Twisted and frightening. Probably the thinking of rationale of people, not any god.

5. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years ago

you'd have to ask him, I sure won't be lol

I got first class tickets going south big_smile

Daniel put a damn shirt on or you won't be in good standing with God

lol

OMG

pee

6. H.C Porter profile image80
    H.C Porterposted 13 years ago

I sent an email to ask---but I have yet to hear a reply, wonder if its a sign or something? Maybe a text would be better than email-it could have been marked as spam?

1. Greek One profile image63
      Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

did you use the gmail account or the hotmail?

1. aguasilver profile image70
        aguasilverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Maybe your name servers pointed to the wrong domain?

Best check it, you'll find it if you look for the correct connection details.

Sounds like you could be on a bad email account that cannot get through the spam filters.

Best find out that before you get one of those virus's that wipe your hard drive... very nasty!

7. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 13 years ago

I am not in a personal relationship with anybody right now and I am involved in unholy business of making money every day, so definitely I am not going to heaven.

1. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Kings have gained enlightenment and salivation.You can be a multi billionaire and attain salvation.Its attachment which one needs to keep i check.

8. wilmiers77 profile image60
    wilmiers77posted 13 years ago

You have choosen your god.

9. Randy Godwin profile image59
    Randy Godwinposted 13 years ago

No, not going to heaven if I can help it!  I don't want to spend eternity with most who claim they are going there!  That would be hell for me, and for them too!  LOL!

10. ceciliabeltran profile image65
    ceciliabeltranposted 13 years ago

I am in good standing with god. I spend time with god and give god a bath. I do what god wants. If god wants to sleep, I sleep. I only get god angry when I forget to pay bills or attend meetings. so i go to the mirror and let god tell me "not good, not good spending too much time in the forums and forgetting to do what you have to"
    -from my buddhist perspective

11. tom hellert profile image61
    tom hellertposted 13 years ago

Ok this is actually an easy one for me- ****Attention shameless plug alert*****-I wrote 3  hubs on what happened after i died-*****
    In those hubs i explain what happened as such when my death occured...
    i went to what i percieve was heaven and i got thrown back like a yellow fin tuna that was too small to keep- So If I drop dead tomorrow I think i will go back to heaven but not sure what will happen once I get there... So  I give you a resounding probably...yes i guess so uh huh...sure....i think

1. Randy Godwin profile image59
      Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sounds fishy to me!  (terrible I know, but I figured I would beat everyone to the punch)

2. the pink umbrella profile image74
      the pink umbrellaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Tom- youve got a few years on me...put a good word in for me will ya? lmao! love you tom!

12. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 13 years ago

Seriously? Are any of us who believe in good standing if we died tomorrow? Many are but many are not. But if died tomorrow I would be in good standing with God.

I do not judge others for there beliefs. I accept others for who they are. I try consistently not to be rude or hurt anyone's feelings and I protect and defend the word the way God would expect me to do.

1. Stimp profile image60
      Stimpposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You do nooooot....come on....JUST KIDDING....you know me.  How ya doin'?

2. nlogan profile image60
      nloganposted 13 years agoin reply to this

AEvans I don't judge, I just wnt people to wake up!

13. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

I lead a good life, I don't steal, I'm honest, I don't covet my neighbors shit, I help others when I can.

But I'm going straight to hell because I commit the biggest sin of all, I don't believe in God.

I heard it wasn't too bad during the winter!

1. aguasilver profile image70

Ever heard the expression... a snowballs chance in hell?

2. aguasilver profile image70

So be it.

Your words have power, and you just gave an authority to Satan...

Hmmmm... you may want to reconsider that statement, if not now, then at some time in the future when your words are fulfilled.

14. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

I believe I am!

Where did Charlie go?  His hubs are gone?

1. Frank Menchise profile image49
        Frank Menchiseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I hope I am. Look I try to do my best: but who knows what I am in the eyes of God?

1. thisisoli profile image72
          thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think there is an 0900 number you can call for an answer to that.

2. KeithTax profile image73
        KeithTaxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Rapture!  Or is that rupture. I always get that mixed up.

Cool @habee, as long as you do your best @ frank menchise I struggle everyday to do better and be better.... i think that is all that really counts!

15. Jeff Berndt profile image72
    Jeff Berndtposted 13 years ago

As far as you know, everybody is right with God.

16. nlogan profile image60
    nloganposted 13 years ago

If you don't beleive in God it is really childish to even post comments. I respect everyones beleifs, and I hope to have mine respected- this message is for my christian followers and thats it!

Grow up and at least respect others opinion even if you don't agree with them! I love all you anyway, and I will continue to pray for mercy on everyone!

But = I am of the opinion that your ridiculous religion and farcical belief in the Invisible Sky Daddy causes nothing but ill will and hatred.

Guess you cannot see any contradiction in the LOLOLOLOL "Are we being courteous and treating others as we what to be treated" and "If you don't believe in God it is really childish to even post comments".

I take it that is the way you wish to be treated - and as your profile laughingly states that you want to LOLOLOLOLOLOL  "win over souls"............... Lying is probably not going to work.

Sorry. sad

2. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It definitely sounds like respecting other opinions, as well as calling them childish does. lol

3. Pcunix profile image90
      Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is not only Christians who read here.  If you wish to talk only to Christians, this forum is not a good choice.

As to respecting your beliefs, I cannot.  I can respect and defend your right to hold these beliefs, I can respect your right to attempt to convince others that your beliefs are correct, but it is absolutely impossible for me to have any respect for the beliefs themselves.

You will get heckled and challenged when posting here.  Some enjoy that, some suffer it but continue, and some move to more congenial places.   Understand that reality and make your choice.

1. Jerami profile image58
        Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

But it seems that it is only politically correct to heckle Christians. 

When the heckling goes elsewhere the world stands up in an uproar. You would think that  the minorities becomes the majority

1. Misha profile image63

Umm, sounds like we spend our time on completely different forums Jerami. As soon as a muslim bigot appears, they get the same treatment - at least this is what I saw on this forum so far. Don't remember any judaist, but pretty much sure they will get it, too smile

You might be right ??   Why is that ??

Is everyone bigots regardless of affiliation? 

Maybe we are?   And just don’t know it yet.

Oh Man ….    I didn’t want to see my self that way..    Please say that I’m wrong!!!!

1. Misha profile image63

You usually don't sound like one - that's why i was surprised smile

Mayby I was doing an end round run and tripped.

Just doing whatever I can do for God, so I will take the beaten if I have to! Jesus did it for me!  *wink*

People don't like questions that test their faith or question their life,,, I'm not here to cast any stones, I'm not perfect and I ask myself the same question!

17. waynet profile image70
    waynetposted 13 years ago

Yeah, I stood next to him at the bus stop, although he stunk of wee, but since he was god, I didn't bring that up, all he said to me was " y'know, it's like waiting for a bus!" and then he walked off!

18. jbrat47333 profile image60
    jbrat47333posted 13 years ago

OK, the real answer.  I am in good standing only because Jesus shed His blood on the cross.  His blood covers all my sins and puts me in good standing with the Father.

1. Misha profile image63

Are you a vampire?

Amen!  jbrat

19. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

nlogan, I think you should leave that question up to God and you do the best you can. As for myself, I do the best I can.

I  do leave it to God flightkeeper, i'm just using my voice to reach others... Thanks smile

20. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Are you in good standing with GOD?

I have no need to be in good standing with what you consider god.

In my life, I've already gained the knowledge that a god is not a requirement for living life. smile

So, since my life requires no god, there is no god.

21. SomewayOuttaHere profile image59
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

don't really have anything to add....let's just say i agree to disagree...

http://static.funnyjunk.com/gifs/1816_ronald_mcdonald_hits_food_away_from_girl1.gif

22. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 13 years ago

I seek God daily with my whole heart. I do not call upon another but the Father.
    I keep His commandments.
    I am in good standing with the Father and feel completely safe in His hands.

As a matter of fact, I am His favorite big_smile
    (Before the insults start coming, I was kidding)

smile

23. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

Let's put it this way. If there were a sky fairy, the one in the bible for example, he would not want to walk out in front of me while driving. Instant brake failure! lol lol lol

1. Paradise7 profile image70
      Paradise7posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh, Earnest!!!!

Sweetie, your cynicism might not be totally appropriate for this particular thread, eh???

24. LeanMan profile image80
    LeanManposted 13 years ago

If god existed and was such a nice chap why is there so much crap in this world??

I don't care if I am in good standing with him, and quite frankly if this is how he treats us why would anyone want to go be with him???

He is good to me when I am good to him,,, if you live a good life and repent for your sins you prolly wouldnt feel that way...

25. Paradise7 profile image70
    Paradise7posted 13 years ago

It's a good question...I'm not actively harming others in my daily life, I try very hard not to, but I might not be helping others as much as anyone's God would intend, for human beings on this earth.

26. Sewstar profile image59
    Sewstarposted 13 years ago

Well! i don't care what anyone thinks! i am in good stead with God and always have been, so i will defo be goin to the pearly gates to join God... Bless u and everyone who do and don't believe? Rock on God! x

27. I_Write profile image60
    I_Writeposted 13 years ago

"Do you think if you pass away right now will you go to heaven?"

Just a little maths and a spanner for the readers.

Firstly the bible says heaven is the kingdom of God right?
    The bible also says the kingdom of God is within you.

Ok...so the kingdom of God which is heaven is within you...but the kingdom of God is within you right now which means heaven is within you right now.

Perhaps going to heaven after death is just the continuation of being in heaven on earth .Which is kinda proven from a logical sense unless there are two kingdoms of God.

So that would mean we have access to heaven at this very moment...but how?

Peace,faith,hope,joy,love...all feel like heaven to me...there is no room for anything else inside you when experience one of these feelings(even if its just for a minute).You cant feel despair the same time you feel hope,its impossible.

But obviously you have to do something good to feel one of the above.Lets take love,you have to love someone to feel that love within you.

I strongly believe that God gives heaven within you to everyone not just believers and its then your choice how often you want to experience it.Please note believers here is not referring to a specific religion but rather a spectrum of people that live by certain principals because no one can say which religion is the right one.

An example would be an atheist giving away old clothes to a begger or even just baking a cake for his daughter to bring a smile to her face...giving a gift of joy and loving thy neighbour...he would be living a godly principal and would receive a great feeling of peace or love in return even if it was just for a couple seconds.He would be in good standing with God,he would be given heaven,he would then make a decision as to whether he wanted to feel that heaven again and whether he wanted to die feeling that heaven.

Just a thought I could be wrong:)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)