does god carve for feeling of importance?...

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (29 posts)
  1. pisean282311 profile image62
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

why god needs appreciation  and gratitude from human?..does god carve for feeling of importance?. If yes , why?.

2. SpanStar profile image60
    SpanStarposted 13 years ago

God doesn't need anything but what he does is allow us to show how much we appreciate him and all that he has done for us.  Right "we can't see anything God has done."

The air we breath is from God
    The sun light that warms this planet is from God
    The ability to see, speak and think from God
    The waters we drink, play in, etc That's Right God again.

Some of us hate that we have to show our appreciation this way to God but hey if out little offspring brings home a card they made with their own little hands to show their love for us-Oh Well There's Nothing Wrong With That.

1. CarolineVABC profile image69
      CarolineVABCposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Beautifully said.  I completely agree!:-)

2. pisean282311 profile image62
      pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

@spanstar then should we be grateful to fellow human beings for all that they did for us...the food we eat , the clothes we wear , the internet we use , the car we drive...all are human creations..god still has a name...but first person who made cloth , the first human who tilted land , the first person who make cart....well we dont know his/her name...who made air is still to be proven...whether it was from god or life less forces is still speculation but we know for sure that above mentioned things where from humans...so we must be really grateful to fellow humans beings..isn't it?

1. Abbasangel profile image64
        Abbasangelposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The question is what did God carve that gave you that impression?

Also Span Star beautiful...

read any scripture from any part of world ...your question would be answered...

And your sure it was carved?

My favourite internet biblical resource:

Has one answer for "God carved" and the two words aren't together.

http://www.biblegateway.com/quicksearch … ersion=NIV

lol hey you are right...typo mistake...so sorry...i mean craved...not carved...

Yeah I figured, I was having fun with you! wink

2. SpanStar profile image60
        SpanStarposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If God did not give these people life then they could do nothing.

but after getting life which god gave (if we assume that something like god exist)...they did what even god didn't...god gave lives to billions and millions...also god gave life to many many species...but these selfless people did what even god didn't do..they through their efforts took entire human race forward...

3. skyfire profile image80
      skyfireposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

When we don't know reality, anything we throw in air is truth. Up you go, kite. wink

http://www.kochivibe.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/kite-2kites.jpg

4. kirstenblog profile image77
      kirstenblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The difference here is that we will not condemn to hell our offspring for not bringing us a hand made card. The hell threat used to force prostration and prayers of love and gratitude reveal a god less interested in genuine prayers of love and gratitude. The forced nature of prayers, gratitude and love make of these things a lie. The atheist has more honesty then a grateful believer who is that way out of fear of hell instead of a genuine feeling of gratitude and love. Not to mention the fact that an atheist can feel gratitude and love without a belief in god to direct those feelings at.

quite right...

5. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nah - some of us think it is very, very funny that you think we have to do something to appease this invisible super being.

But - then we realize you have no personal power and derive it from attempting to scare children with this threat from the Invisible Super Daddy. Sad really. When I grew up,  I dealt with the adults who scared me with this threat when I was a child - and I understand why you threaten it from behind a fake user name and mask.

Make Me Bring You Home A Card, Daddy. Go on - I dare ya. wink

6. Beelzedad profile image59
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Was that before or after we were cursed with the original sin, seems like we've been paying dearly for it ever since? I would gladly give up much if your god could just take back that one "gift".

Does that include everything, the positive as well as the negative things we've had bestowed upon us?

Speaking of toddlers, I can't see how your examples hold any relevancy beyond a simplistic childlike rationale when there are far more complex issues of reality at stake. Unlike the offspring bringing home a card for the endearing parent, are we humans supposed to steward this world based on that kindergarten playground rationale? Hardly possible.

As you can see throughout the centuries, that kind of belief system has taken it's toll on the earth and on us. Had we in mind these many past generations instead to have understood that we originated and evolved from this earth and that the limited resources we have to sustain us are not god given gifts to be wasted on feigned platitudes of appreciation to them, we might very well be in a completely different state as we would have turned our attention to looking after our planet and looking after us at the same time.

For example, we most likely would not have allowed the burning of fossil fuels for energy, the polluting of water and land as waste management, just to cite a couple.

But once again, we see what religious indoctrination has done and is continuing to do as it enslaves us to believe as small children rather than thinking as adults. smile

3. SpanStar profile image60
    SpanStarposted 13 years ago

Thank you for your support:

CarolineVABC
       Abbasangel

1. CarolineVABC profile image69
      CarolineVABCposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It was my pleasure, SpanStar!:-)

4. Abbasangel profile image64
    Abbasangelposted 13 years ago

And also Pisean -- no we don't owe greatfulness to people, they get reimbursed for the part they contributed... where as God gave EVERYTHING for us, only for us to be returned to him by our own free will.

you reimbursed the first man who titled land?...first man who wrote?...first man who fought nature and made clothes?...first group which fought nature/animals and survived?...well god if real made jungles...it is our ancestors who fought which both god made nature and other species and survived...if we can't be grateful for them...what is use of being grateful to god?...guess we humans believe in something which we would never see but can't thank immense contribution coming from fellow human...

Do you know who they are? Why does it have to be one or the other?  We can be greatful to people whom we know.

You know who God is, whether you believe he exists or not....

You know who God is...i dont know...there are so many version...and i am no body to say one version is right and rest 399+ are wrong...

Nope you picked to question this concept of God who has the Scriptures....

Yeah who is to say who is right and wrong... All you need to do is choose for yourself.

well all have scriptures...oldest one being 3.5k to youngest one being 500 years ago...yes there are younger than that too...

The ones 500 years aren't correct they stopped getting written within a hundred years of Jesus death, I think the latest is 60 years after... after that they loose their validity.... and are "gnostic" gospels that aren't widely accepted by all Christians

i think you are restricting yourself to only singular religion....i am talking about entire human race and not just 33% of human race...every religion has its own scriptures...and those are truth for those who follow them..

Others have other names for theirs... yes they have things like scriptures but they don't call them that....

I haven't restricted myself.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)