I got just got 9,347 hits on my hub today and I only made .23 cents

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (31 posts)
  1. SMASHKING profile image61
    SMASHKINGposted 13 years ago

9,000 hits on my hub "CapcomGot the memo" and I only made 23 cents am I doing soemthing wrong ? My adsesnse account won't go up

Today's estimated earnings: $0.23

AdSense for Domains  - No data available -
    AdSense for Search  - No data available -
    AdSense for Mobile Content  - No data available -
    AdSense for Feeds  - No data available -
    Total estimated earnings $0.23

1. relache profile image71
      relacheposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just because a Hub gets a lot of traffic doesn't automatically equate to earnings.

Ask yourself why anyone reading that Hub would want to click on the ads or buy something?  If you can't come up with a good answer, that's why you only made pennies.

2. bgamall profile image69
      bgamallposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Maybe you could direct the traffic to some other hub or page that gives a better return. You should be discreet about it so as to keep your position in search. But some will click the other link.

You could also do like I am and decide that this isn't such a great way to make a living. I do what I want now and don't care about it.

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
        paradigmsearchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

With 9K a day traffic, I humbly think this is a very good idea.

3. profile image0
      MountnDewposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Your Hub is about capcom games which is drawing your traffic but none of the adds are about capcom games. If people come to a hub looking to learn about capcom games they want to buy those and those only by the larger %'s.

To fix this go to your Ad Sense account and disable the options that allows them to put up adds based on user search history,and also disable 3rd party adds. This will make google put up more relevant adds to your keywords and should raise your clicks!

1. WryLilt profile image87
        WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How exactly do you remove user search history adverts? I know I've seen it somewhere but can't remember. smile

Found it in account settings. smile

1. profile image0
          MountnDewposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Isn't it wonderful how the mind clicks in sometimes while we are asking a question,lol! smile

Wasn't the mind, was the clicker finger big_smile lol

2. HELLA profile image60
          HELLAposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Would you say this is good? I read a forum the other day saying how when you exclude particular ads, you are actually blocking a larger ad agency which coudl potentially have a negative impact on competition for keywords thus lower monetization.

2. Karanda profile image79
        Karandaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Is this something that needs to be done for all hubs? I get a lot of irrelevant ads even though my tags respond to the keywords in my articles.

3. HELLA profile image60

Mountain Dew..."put up adds based on user search history," -- does this refer to Interest-based Ads preference? I just disabled this funtionality.

4. brakel2 profile image73
      brakel2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I guess I would be happy with all those hits. But I understand the frustration. How do you get all the hits? Do you do a lot of marketing? The suggestions made seem to make sense for you to try. I will go read your hub and make further comments if needed.

1. SMASHKING profile image61
        SMASHKINGposted 13 years agoin reply to this

NO, I linked my hub to a wellextablished gaming site and it brought me in over 10,000 hits now.

2. profile image0
    Uma07posted 13 years ago

Ryan made some good points here :
    http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/54988
    Hope that's some relief to you.

3. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

The google ads on your hub do indeed suck.

I myself have had ZERO luck with amazon, but maybe you would do better.

4. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

Use the Google Keyword Tool, or a similar program, to identify and select your titles.

The likelyhood of any businesses bidding for ads on the keywords that you selected is pretty unlikely, hence the non-existant or low value clicks.

Consider driving traffic to other hubpages or another method of monetisation for that particular hub.

5. thisisoli profile image70
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

Where is your traffic coming from?

That value is low even for social bookmarking values.

6. Len Cannon profile image87
    Len Cannonposted 13 years ago

Video game opinion pieces are pretty much the bottom of the barrel as far as earnings go, in my experience.  The ads aren't terribly interesting, no one is looking to buy anything, the users are all very web savvy and have learned to ignore ads, and the clicks don't pay much.

1. Pandoras Box profile image61
      Pandoras Boxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Bingo.

7. 2besure profile image82
    2besureposted 13 years ago

It is not about how my views you have.  It depends on whether or not anyone clicks on your ad links.

8. profile image0
    Tilecleaninghubposted 13 years ago

Wow those capcom girls are hot.  But it has been stated to leave that top portion open for the google adsense block.  Agree that video game adsense adds are bad.  Why dont you have any amazon products on there.

9. profile image0
    TopUniverseposted 13 years ago

You didn't mention how many page impression you got in your adsense acct? May be your hub displayed public service ads.

...and are you tracking your hubs using channels to see where clicks come from?

10. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 13 years ago

Just had a quick look.  Your page isnt well optimized.  Who is going to click on an ad about domains when the subject is on gaming?  You need to take a good look at your tags and change the way the page looks.  I have done a hub on on page optimization, it might help you get some clicks by changing it about a bit.

11. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

cmon - you see domain ads as a result of your own personalized ad targetting from your own previous viewing history.

Bgamall has a great suggestion. Funnel that general traffic into more specific and profitable hub topics.

12. SMASHKING profile image61
    SMASHKINGposted 13 years ago

I guess i'll try some tweeking , on my next one. Hopefully I'll get better results. I thought 10,000 hits = intant success

13. eculligan profile image68
    eculliganposted 13 years ago

I couldn't ever imagine getting 9,000 hits a day on one of my hubs.  I would definitely change the ad sense settings and add some games from Amazon.  You should be making killer profits.  Keep trying and you will have success.

14. nikmaya62 profile image60
    nikmaya62posted 13 years ago

9,347 hits in a day is very amazing. But Is it a quality traffic? I still have a problem to increase my traffic. Would anybody give me some suggestions??

15. TerryGl profile image57
    TerryGlposted 13 years ago

If it was me I would go to edit. Open the first capsule and put a heading at the top of the text box. Highlight the heading and make it Heading 1.

You will have a capsule heading and then in the text box a heading 1 tag.

I would have the heading (H1) that will trigger the adsense bot to display gaming adverts. Do this throughout your page using the H2 H3 etc headings to make it more then clear to the bot.

After all, the bot is just a code and can't think for itself. You have to tell it.

1. HELLA profile image60

Terry, thats something I never really thought of...using headings. I actually just noticed it the other day to be honest and wondered what purpose it served....

When you use headings on your keyword, let's say, Corncob Pipes, does would that affect the SEO? If I make a hub about Corncob pipes and set the first capsule to:

Subject (Capsule 1)=Corncob Pipes Are Great!

Text (Caspule 1) = <h1>Corncob Pipes</h1> were once popular...blah blah blah.

Using Corncob pipes with an h1 tag, does that increase optimization?

16. Bill Manning profile image67
    Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

On a slightly off topic note, this is why you should never buy traffic. Yes I know the OP did not buy his traffic.

I'm also not talking about adwords traffic you buy. I'm talking about those sites that advertise sending you 10,000 hits a day for 20 bucks or whatever.

They are totally useless. You would think that wilh so many some would click an ad, but they don't. In fact most of those clicks are not even human.

They use hit bots to send you clicks, or traffic from china that can't even read your text. So don't buy bulk traffic, your throwing money away. hmm

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)