What is your favourite type of soup

Jump to Last Post 1-33 of 33 discussions (47 posts)
  1. sim0n30 profile image60
    sim0n30posted 13 years ago

Mine is currently roast red pepper and chilli, i love the kick the chilli gives it.

1. richtwf profile image60
      richtwfposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sounds tasty indeed - love spicy soup but not too much though!

2. sarovai profile image74
      sarovaiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

mushroom.

3. Stump Parrish profile image61
      Stump Parrishposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've been making a hunter's style soup for years. It's a vegetable soup with at least 4 kinds of meat.

I have also been working on a BTL Bisque that is almost there. Bacon, Leek and roasted Tomato.

2. mrfluffy profile image60
    mrfluffyposted 13 years ago

My favourite is good old chicken soup. As the old saying goes, what good can it do, what harm can it do?

1. richtwf profile image60
      richtwfposted 13 years agoin reply to this

One of the classics - a favourite of mine too!

3. richtwf profile image60
    richtwfposted 13 years ago

I love Chinese soups especially homemade ones.

One of my favourites is beef and tomato with beaten egg - mmmmmm indeed!

4. prettydarkhorse profile image61
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

beef pho with noodles and tom yum goong soup

5. Daniel Roo profile image78
    Daniel Rooposted 13 years ago

My Mrs is originally from Ukraine and whenever we go to visit her parents we always have a bowl or three of traditional hot borsch.
    It's great all year round but when the temperature is -20degrees outside I seem to enjoy it even more!
    It's homemade and most of the ingredients are grown in the garden or sourced from neighbours.

1. timorous profile image80
      timorousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I just made some the other day.  Delicious.

For those who don't know: borsch or borscht, is beet soup, usually with onions and shredded cabbage, and of course shredded beets, and beef broth.  The beets make it taste nice and sweet.  Seasoned to taste too.  I add basil..it complements the beets quite nicely.

Bon apetit!

2. Gordon Hamilton profile image94
      Gordon Hamiltonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I love Borscht but incredibly, although my ex was from Russia, she didn't cook so never made it for me in Russian style. I have tasted Borscht many times but the first time I tasted it, that traditional Russian dish was cooked for me by an American in Germany! A real multi-cultural event. smile

6. Ron Montgomery profile image59
    Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years ago

Corn chowder

7. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Minestrone -- but not in a can.

1. profile image0
      DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years agoin reply to this

me too. Homemade...yumm

8. camlo profile image83
    camloposted 13 years ago

I only ever eat soups to be polite - at a dinner party or something.
    I either like something to eat or something to drink, but not a soup ...

9. Gordon Hamilton profile image94
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 13 years ago

I tend to like soups really thick and hearty. Soups that, "Stick to the ribs," is a phrase I remember from childhood. Scotch Broth is therefore the soup that gets my vote.

10. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 13 years ago

Chicken noodle can never go wrong, but I really like cream soups - cream of potato, broccoli, cauliflower, mushroom, and asparagus. 

This sandwich shoppe I used to go to made some delicious mushroom barley soup that was quite good - don't have a clue to make it though, and I miss it since they were forced out of business due to "progress".

11. profile image0
    EmpressFelicityposted 13 years ago

Homemade celery and Stilton soup, made with chicken stock.

12. fayehelen profile image59
    fayehelenposted 13 years ago

My favourite is Leek and Potato.. exciting! lol
    Me and my sister always make Pumpkin and Squash soup at halloween and serve the soup in the carved out pumpkin. deeee-licious!

13. profile image0
    BRIAN SLATERposted 13 years ago

my favorite soup is Leek and Potato- but in the winter I like chicken noodle which is awesome if your feeling a bit low and need a pick me up.

14. CMCastro profile image70
    CMCastroposted 13 years ago

Since my nickname is "Cream Baby", since I love milk and cream products I would have to say my favorite kind of soup is either Cream of Chicken Noodle, or Cream of Tomato, and if I am in a Seafood Mood it is Cream of Crab!!! YumYum!

15. CYBERSUPE profile image60
    CYBERSUPEposted 13 years ago

Lental soup and a good hard roll.  Yummy

16. sim0n30 profile image60

Thanks everyone, this has given me some nice ideas!

1. Dave Barnett profile image57
      Dave Barnettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

O.K. Everybody. You can send all those recipes to me! smile I like soup. One of my favorites is seafood gumbo, but making it is rather involved. Same, same with another fav of mine is Mulagatawnee, from India

17. Greek One profile image62
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

Steak soup.... hold the liquid

1. Dave Barnett profile image57
      Dave Barnettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That too.

18. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

http://www.saffronsuites.com/images/soups.jpg

Manchow Soup

19. sim0n30 profile image60

That Manchow soup looks nice, what are the ingredients?

20. Dale Nelson profile image40
    Dale Nelsonposted 13 years ago

Hooked on Butternut lately.Leek and Potato is a favorite though.

21. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 13 years ago

Dry wild mushrooms and barley with sour cream.
    A little low on wild mushrooms though in Toronto...

22. Canklefish profile image81
    Canklefishposted 13 years ago

My grandmother has been making a Romanian classic my whole life... Bean soup, with just a touch of white vinegar.

Best soup ever!

23. MichelleArakaki profile image60
    MichelleArakakiposted 13 years ago

I love homemade chicken macaroni soup.

24. Flightkeeper profile image68
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

New England Clam Chowder...slurp!

25. rcrm89 profile image64
    rcrm89posted 13 years ago

Thai Tom Yum Soup.

26. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 13 years ago

Chicken Noodle

1. Stump Parrish profile image61

My chicken noodle has been accused of being cambells  chicken noodle soup. From the non-foodie this is a compliment. 4 gallons of chicken noodle takes me 1 hour and costs me 16 dollars with 4 lbs of split chicken breast meat, carrots, celery. and onions. Add 3 dollars for pearl onions that are worth the difference.  The cool thing is that with the addition of dumplings or a pie crust, you have 2 toatally different dishes. Send me an email request for the recipe.

27. lorlie6 profile image73
    lorlie6posted 13 years ago

French Onion Soup-with sourdough bread on top and lots of parmesan cheese.  My favorite restaurant which served this was just outside of Colorado Springs.

Lori, if you have any cooking skills and want to prepare an easy french onion with parmesan croutons, let me know. For 20 dollars you can prepare 1 gallon of soup and for an additional 10 dollars 2 1/2 gallons. This does not include the croutons. Feel free to email me.

1. lorlie6 profile image73
        lorlie6posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm afraid I'm not willing to spend so much on soup these days, thanks for the offer, however!

2 1/2 gallons of soup and 3 dollars for freezer bags mean 6 meals for 4 people + a guest or two.

28. matherese profile image60
    mathereseposted 13 years ago

chicken and sweetcorn soup

29. saleheensblog profile image61
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

2 table spoon of salt in one glass hot water lol lol

1. timorous profile image80
      timorousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yikes!!

30. hubzer profile image61
    hubzerposted 13 years ago

Italian wedding and Lental .

31. Wendy Krick profile image63
    Wendy Krickposted 13 years ago

matzo ball soup! Love it!

32. profile image0
    prayersposted 13 years ago

New England Clam Chowder! The Best!

33. TammyHammett profile image60
    TammyHammettposted 13 years ago

Creamy tomato basi is by far my most favorite soup. When I was younger, french onion soup was my #1 choice. But since me and onions no longer get along, I moved onto tomatoes!!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)