How can I love my Brother, he's black?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (24 posts)
  1. profile image52
    haj3396posted 13 years ago

Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another. 1 John 4:11

1. profile image57
      exorterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Love is blind, if your child was a crack head, you would still love you child,
      if your brother was a druggy you would still love you brother, if he was a murderer you would still love him.
      when the love of God comes into your life, you love your brothers and sisters in Christ no matter what, love is blind. you have the love of God in common with your brothers and sisters in Christ, the love of God covers a multitude of differences in each other.
      the love of God is powerful

2. getitrite profile image70
      getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

God seems to be on both sides of this issue.

3. Joe Badtoe profile image58
      Joe Badtoeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

God is black
      and a lesbian
      who likes
      cowboy movies
      cross dressing
      playing the triangle
      doing stand up comedy
      gay men
      greek islands
      tofu
      and shiny shiny black shoes

1. Daniel Carter profile image63
        Daniel Carterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Amen!!
        Can I have a hallelujah in the house!

1. Shaolina profile image60
          Shaolinaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hallelujah!

4. britneydavidson profile image59
      britneydavidsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If we see everyone as soul that definately we will love each others, as every one soul is same, forget about this perishable body and look the beautiful soul.

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

...what?....

http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy317/mlmvicbc/33etn5d.gif

1. blondepoet profile image68
      blondepoetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LMAO I was about to say something here but now I forget as I am laughing too much....

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
        SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

...there's a serious discussion going on here BP...no laughin' allowed!

1. blondepoet profile image68
          blondepoetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

what discussion????????

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image77
            schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years agoin reply to this

big_smile

2. LeslieAdrienne profile image70
          LeslieAdrienneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Someway, you're not serious are you?

If you follow Christ it is mandated that you love the brethren...

Each individual is responsible to take his or her personal issue to the Lord and get it together.  If you have an issue with color, it is incumbent upon you to get over that issue so you can keep the commandment of love. The absolute bottom line is love your brother.

2. spookyfox profile image60
      spookyfoxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It ain't easy being white...

3. Zenofsong profile image61
    Zenofsongposted 13 years ago

I love hubpages. Don't get hung up on race. We're all monkeys. Darwin said so. Have you been to the zoo lately? Anyway, my point is that skin color is a very small difference. What the different between a light skinned black guy and a dark skinned italian? The nose? Excuse me but i thought some people just had big ears or big lips or big butts? The things that make us the same are much more common, I say.

LIKE FEAR! MUAHAHAHAHHAHA. But, seriously. You're a monkey, mate. Get over yourself.

4. libby101a profile image60
    libby101aposted 13 years ago

"And if a stranger dwells in your land, you shall not mistreat him. The stranger who dwells among you shall be to you as one born among you, and you shall love him as yourself; for you were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God." Leviticus 19:33-34.

To God there is only one race, the human race. All human beings are created in the image and likeness of God (Genesis 1:26-27). God loves the entire world (John 3:16). Jesus laid down His life for everyone in the entire world (1 John 2:2). The “entire world” obviously includes all ethnicities of humanity.

Jesus said to love thy neighbor as thyself! It doesn't matter what race your neighbor is...love them as yourself!

"God is no respecter of persons" (Acts 10:34, King James Version).

God doesn't see race...God sees two kinds of people... those who believe and love him and those who don't! It doesn't matteri f you're purple... God doesn't discriminate!

1. Woman Of Courage profile image59
      Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

AGREED

5. blondepoet profile image68
    blondepoetposted 13 years ago

I Took My Baby
    On A Saturday Bang
    Boy Is That Girl With You
    Yes We’re One And The Same

Now I Believe In Miracles
    And A Miracle
    Has Happened Tonight

But, If
    You’re Thinkin’
    About My Baby
    It Don’t Matter If You’re
    Black Or White

They Print My Message
    In The Saturday Sun
    I Had To Tell Them
    I Ain’t Second To None

And I Told About Equality
    An It’s True
    Either You’re Wrong
    Or You’re Right

But, If
    You’re Thinkin’
    About My Baby
    It Don’t Matter If You’re
    Black Or White

1. profile image52
      Jakeoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why does the tone of someone's skin matter? I don't see the logic behind it. This is stigma created by society. After all, Jesus would have been very dark-skinned, LIVING IN JERUSALEM, A HOT CLIMATE!

The "white Jesus" is a Catholic/European invention.

2. Master Life profile image60
      Master Lifeposted 13 years ago

What does skin color have to do with anything we are ALL I mean All but dirt/dust-there is different color sand/dirt in this earth white, red, brown, etc.  When a person dies, the body turns to dust/dirt or cremated.  So if a person doesn't love or like black people then that person should be consistent and not like anything that is black-dogs, cars, clothes, shoes, hair and same thing goes for a person who don't like white people or brown people.  Bottom line its foolish so foolish. It's a shame that you have some people who treat animals better than humans its time to grow up.

3. profile image0
      DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years ago

did I miss soemthing? this thread makes NO sense.....

I mean..umm....what was the question?

4. Eaglekiwi profile image74
      Eaglekiwiposted 13 years ago

lol  lol
      Oops no laughter allowed!
      Wait ,no Im not in the library or in a court, so lol

Now replying to the O.P "How can I love my brother, he's black?

My answer is this "How can you not", its like someone saying, how can I love my sister ,because she only has one leg!!

I also am offended by your question ,but I will get over it ,like you should smile

5. Woman Of Courage profile image59
      Woman Of Courageposted 13 years ago

God loves everyone. We are all the same in God's eyes. We are here to love in spite of skin color.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)