Give your feelings on the republican party

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (24 posts)
  1. Cedar Cove Farm profile image60
    Cedar Cove Farmposted 13 years ago

PLease, only answer if you have been a traditional conservative.  I am a conservative Christian and my view is that the neo-conservatives stink just as bad as the liberals.  I want true, American old fashined values re-represented.  How about you?

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Would you mind defining "traditional conservative", "conservative Christian", and "neo-conservative" please?

Yes, I want true, old-fashioned values re-represented.  My feelings on the Republican Party is (no matter what it may have originally been) that it is the one and only Party whose Platform states its intent to uphold all the good values.   And those who claim to be Republican (and/or Christian) but who do NOT uphold those values, aren't really Republicans (and probably not Christians).

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
        Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My dictionary has been gathering dust since over the last year + you have so thoughtfully taken the time to define every word in the English language for us free of charge.

I guess I'll take it to Goodwill. smile

1. profile image0

You might as well!   Because if it's not an older one, it's probably been re-written and re-defined with all the new liberal words anyway, Ron!  So I don't even go by some of the definitions in my dictionary, especially since it doesn't have some of the more important words in it that should be in it.

Still holding out for "homodamnation"?

2. Ron Montgomery profile image61

This forum is public and anyone can respond.  Your attempt to limit it to like-minded individuals indicates that you are afraid to defend your ridiculous positions in the face of opposing viewpoints.

3. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not Old fashioned, because we really need improvement, but what I do not want is the subversion of a Goverment structure that is proven.

It would be best to split ticket vote, study all the candidates and look for reasonable people with a plan, if there is even that any more.

The word is "Politician" and for me, Dem or Reb- so far there is not that good of a choice in all of them, we need beter, deserve beter, and we are not getting it at the poles. Not good for any one.

2. Pcunix profile image91
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

Yeah, I want the true, old fashioned virtues too: tolerance, freedom of and from religion, compassion and empathy.

The Republican Party is the flat opposite of all that.

1. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

PC if you are looking for one party as a savior it will not work, never has.
      The Communists have been trying it for years, and the Models have not been that sucessfull at all.

Peoples rights, Human rights need to be up-held. I have no answer as to how, but fell they need to be. But one party is not going to do this at all.
      Democrate or Republican.

'Absolute Power corrupts Absolutely"  They are both for sale here in the U.S. And either side holding control has not worked for us in the past.

3. b. Malin profile image67
    b. Malinposted 13 years ago

I don't think the Republican Party is made up of just "conservative Christians."  We come from all walls of life and backgrounds.  I"m a" Conservative Jew" as is my husband.  We're not Rich, but we've worked hard...haven't spent money that we don't have.  We do (thank God) have good health do to never doing heavy drinking or smoking.  We own our home outright.  So...I want a government that also does not spend money it does not have....Does not TAX us to death and than some.  Hopefully with this coming election in November, conservative Republicans will get voted in.  But God Help them if they are not true Conservatives...Then I will be come a CONSERVATIVE INDEPENDENT!

1. kerryg profile image84
      kerrygposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The Bush administration spent 8 years spending trillions of dollars it didn't have. What makes you think the current crop of Republicans will be any different?

I don't mean to sound snarky. I'm genuinely curious.

1. Pcunix profile image91
        Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

They never see that and never will.

1. Druid Dude profile image60
          Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The traditional values of the founders was that slavery was way cool. Going back too far on the values thing? Texas didn't want to be part of Mexico. That's a good one, but clear up until the 1890s the subjugation of the native americans continued. Civil rights is a liberal agenda, but is America America without civil rights? Better to move forward, than back. The only values we should embrace are those that keep the promise that the Bill Of Rights has given us. Being conservative is fine, as long as our society doesn't become static or stagnate. Being a christian is great, just keep in mind that the 1st amendment protects everyone.

Cedar Cove Farmposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Druid, you are right, the first amendment protects everyone-except christians nowadays.  Your comments are very sophmoric.  No one mentioned slavery or indians-those are for another discussion.  In fact, all of the things you mentioned are truly issues on a state level.  The federal government has no jurisdiction in those areas and should never have been involved.

Slavery and genocide are states rights issues?

The first amendment doesn't apply to Christians?

You invent the word "buffon"?

You can make absurd, unsubstantiated comments like that and refer to someone else's as sophomoric?

lol  lol  lol

1. Pcunix profile image91
                Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Slavery was a States rights issue. That's what the Civil War was about - States rights. 

You know, we should have Town rights, maybe even Street rights. Make up our own laws for our little patch of turf.  Why on earth should we stop at States?

2. Cedar Cove Farm profile image60

Kerryg-this is what I mean by neo-conservative.  They are, in reality, no different than any of the other buffons in Washington.  In my house, if we don't have the money, we don't spend it-period.  What is wrong with expecting MY government to do the same?

2. Cedar Cove Farm profile image60

Now I can agree with this statement.  Thanks.

That is, I agree with b. malin.

4. Diane Inside profile image72
    Diane Insideposted 13 years ago

I was working at a hospital that is very liberal based.  They got rid of the name Mercy from the name because they felt it showed religious beliefs, they campaigned for liberal (democrats) in every election and pushed hard for them.

However when the Topic came up for the hospital to become unionized they flipped. The campaigned hard against it, all managers and supervisors were to discourage this and make it clear that it will not be in the employees best interest to vote for the Union.

How shocking, In other words they were all talk when it comes to elections and the political party, but when I comes right down to it, they wanted no part in the practices that the democratic party endorses.

5. Mighty Mom profile image79
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

I honestly don't know what the Republican Party stands for anymore. There seems to be such a wide gap between what Republicans SAY they are about and what they SHOW they are about.

I do agree the far right extremists are concerning. I don't believe old-time Republicans relate to those wack jobs either.

1. lovemychris profile image76
      lovemychrisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

They are down-right scary. Violent AND crazy...not a good mix. Beck, Limbaugh, etc. get them all riled up with their inflammatory-deliberate talk.

The REAL Repubs need to take hold! Be like William F Buckley Jr.,when he denounce the Birchers as paranoid and extreme.

It's almost like that movie The Gremlins. They need to be stopped.

Did you see, a man from MoveOn.org is calling on Sarah Palin to denounce Glenn Beck and his hate filled, propaganda-filled, violence-promoting speech. Says she is a leader in the movement, and should act like one. He has called her out!

let's see just exactly what she is all about. (some of us already suspect....)

1. profile image0

I've watched Beck for a long time now,  and have never seen him promote violence nor hatred.  Matter of fact, I've seen him denounce both.   And on some issues, he is actually too soft, as is Sarah Palin!
        And if urging people to become aware and to make up their own minds about things is "violent", then I wonder what definition you'd put on the words and actions of the liberal population....
        oh, that's right, Democrats can do no wrong in your eyes.

And I imagine MoveON is rather like the other groups who see hatred and racism in the Right's corners, but not in their own.  Seems the Left is very quick to jump at judging the Right, but the Right gets blasted for exposing wrongs or making any judgements.

6. profile image0
    suarezelec2002posted 13 years ago

I do not understand what a conservative Christian has to do with anything pertaining to being a conservative Republican. From your question, it seems you feel some of the conservative republicans do not fit the catagory, if I understand your question by this neo-conservative term. First of all Christianity has nothing to do with politics. Another, as a conservative republican myself and not a "liberal" anyone who does not make the efforts in life for themselves, should not expect anything out of it. Even Jesus said that if ones does not WORK, one should not expect to anything, though like I said, I do not understand what Christianity has to do with this issue. It takes more than delusions to run a country and being an ex Marine who served in special op's during Vietnam, you can not expect to live life based on the resolve of delusional answers. Reality always dictates the confrontation of life and it's problems and no religion is suited with any entity that will "instantly" pop out and solve them. Brains are given to think with and my belief in a creator is that they are there to use in everyday life, Standing and not on my knees to an enemy. Conservatively speaking, the only changes I see come from the Democratic party who for some reason keeps selling out America to foreign interests, while Americans are told to do "without." That is not being conservative, but "irrational" for one day the people will revolt against such principles. Conservative republicans, much like myself, have not changed, we are just given the bag to hold for caring about our country and being "rational."

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)