What is the fastest meal you can come up with?

Jump to Last Post 1-31 of 31 discussions (49 posts)
  1. nikki1 profile image60
    nikki1posted 13 years ago

Prepping and/or cooking and what type of method
    of cooking?  Also, it has to be very healthy smile.
    Avoiding cooking oils, butter and margarine,.

1. leatherfootball profile image59
      leatherfootballposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Homemade Applesauce:
      Slice and core apples, peel some, or leave the peels on.  Boil down the apples in a small saucepan with some cinnamon, and the tiniest pinch of nutmeg.  And voala! Enjoy.

2. profile image57
      helen82posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I like fast food. It's very convenience for my busy life. a hamburger, some bread with a cup of milk or instant noodle with some eggs are often used in my lunches.

3. nikki1 profile image60
      nikki1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcStEoHU8Ca44M4Gd9wwWzduVIfrOjfzAJ8B9gxzOnXU33sOVJI&t=1&usg=__GB52d3B1MrPY54ISXhh7cOv5TSk=
      seafood salad, with lite blue cheese dressing, egg beater
      scrambled egg in it.

4. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

lean quizene!

2. KristenGrace profile image61
    KristenGraceposted 13 years ago

Chocolate milk haha... I'm not a chef at all, so I'm curious to check back if somebody posts something interesting here. smile

3. bojanglesk8 profile image61
    bojanglesk8posted 13 years ago

Microwaved egg whites.

4. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

Beans on toast with grated cheese?

5. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

Put a boneless, skinless chicken breast in the center of a square of foil. Top with potato, onion and bell pepper slices. Top with some salsa (like 1/2 cup), seal up the foil packet and toss in the oven or pop on the grill. 5 minutes prep and close to zero cleanup and no added fats. smile Oh, and really tasty too!

6. profile image0
    ralwusposted 13 years ago

Well this just sucks. No butter?

hmm

7. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 13 years ago

pb and j sandwich?

8. Shadesbreath profile image77
    Shadesbreathposted 13 years ago

An apple.

9. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 13 years ago

My breakfast rule is that I can cook it in 15 mins or less. An omelet is pretty quick. I use extra virgin olive oil, which is very healthy. Using only egg whites (organic) lowers the calories. I fill it with spinach and other veggies that are in my fridge.

So, a quick meal for me is essentially an omelet, a side of fruit and a low-glycemic, whole grain gluten-free carb.

Salads are also a quick option. I love my george foreman grill and will grill a chicken breast, slice it and put it on a big salad.

As i write this, I'm eating a pretty junky dinner lol. Homemade hash browns and chocolate soy milk. (Not healthy, but fairly quick!) big_smile

Suggestion/consider this..
      Substitute virgin olive oil with 0 calorie cooking spray with
      canola oil. Thats even healthier. And, substitute egg beaters
      for your omelet.. yumm wink.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS70BVuwTKvGjRD7BsmqXbSyP5-UtkxjWHb9mWUOOdsTr04V4c&t=1&usg=__d6SopCegNVO1xidXBF5Ouys0XTE=

10. mistyhorizon2003 profile image87
    mistyhorizon2003posted 13 years ago

My friend swears by simply getting a teacup, putting about a teaspoon of water in the bottom of it, followed by some chopped bacon and a little finely chopped onion. He then breaks a raw egg on top of this, a pinch of salt and pepper, and pops it into the microwave for about 2 minutes. Remove the cup from the microwave and run a knife around the edge of the cooked egg before tipping this out on to a plate and serving, (if you grease the teacup with a little olive oil first, running the knife around the edge of the cooked egg should not be necessary). Total time from start to finish, (including preparation) is probably less than 5 minutes, Yummy!

11. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

Guacamole on toast.

Avocado, chopped tomato and onion, lemon juice and sea salt thrown in a bowl and mixed, while the toast toasts.

Takes about five minutes. Mmmmm

12. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

..someone else's...

ring, ring, ring...'hello, healthy takeout, what can i cook 4 u?'

SOH - 'well, I'd like....and make sure it's healthy...thank you'

I can do that in about a minute...

13. profile image0

grits healthy enough? I put butter on mine. Peas and cream OK?

consider adding 0 calorie butter spray..

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image87
        mistyhorizon2003posted 13 years agoin reply to this

How on earth can any butter spray (assuming it does have any butter in it), be zero calories??? smile smile I wish!!

Its from Parkay.. And, it has no calories, butter spray. Check it out.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2f4_AS6GC61B89YO1ItjMLYf6lugroYqJNp1fuCOM01Yr2Iw&t=1&usg=__N682apwaaSyJOcPqr4lwcFarsZA=
          It has no calories at all.

14. SEXYLADYDEE profile image66
    SEXYLADYDEEposted 13 years ago

If you read my hub on how to make your own homemade tomato sauce and then how to can it you will have pre-made healthy sauce on hand.  Heat the sauce in a pan.  Boil water and cook your favorite pasta in 8-10 minutes.  I would have also said to toast garlic bread but you said no butter.  But you could have made garlic bread drizzled with olive oil infused with garlic.  All in less than 15 minutes. Enjoy! Dee

consider.. adding 0 calorie butter spray once its done baking, yum

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:hr9Lq9dHaBdzRM:http://http://nikkisbakeshop.com/blog/http://nikkisbakeshop.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/garlicbreadslice1.jpg&t=1

15. katiem2 profile image60
    katiem2posted 13 years ago

a spoon of peanut butter!

1. profile image0
      ralwusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

with crackers or celery

2. nikki1 profile image60

Don't forget to add the fat free chocolate pudding to the spoon.
      Yum

16. profile image0

this was quick
    http://www.joe-ks.com/archives_oct2008/WhenPumpkinsDrink.jpg
    now for that pie

1. katiem2 profile image60
      katiem2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lmao... That's how we do it in OHIO big_smile

That is disgusting yikes

2. nikki1 profile image60

GROSS sad

17. profile image0

This how they do it in LA, Turtle Dogs
    http://www.joe-ks.com/archives_jul2010/LouisianaTurtleDogs.jpg

18. Mighty Mom profile image76
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Ramen noodles with the broth cooked down (don't use all of the packet of seasoning -- too much sodium).
    Delicious with meatballs (turkey meatballs ok) from the freezer.
    My hubby is a purest and will not put in any veggies, but I like to add some spinach, green pepper, celery, shredded carrots, maybe some onions and mushrooms (but only if I'm feeling really ambitious!).

19. nikki1 profile image60

Lite roast beef on whole grain sub with lite mayo, salad mix
    lite flavored oils and lite mustard.. with a little
    lite feta blended in..

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOcKmsy6NnqP33JvXzzo5TwKUf57JFWP_qx38BiEg0CO1n2KQ&t=1&usg=__uvuZ8aj19enmPwbKEqaF5iWtfbI=
    diet/caffeine free soda

20. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

spicy buttered shrimp egg omelet and fried rice at the same time - rice should be pre cooked already

21. lex123 profile image80
    lex123posted 13 years ago

This is my recipe.

Make pancakes without oil.
    Rice flour, wheat flour, jowar flour, and finger millet flour on equal quantity of 1 cup each. Add one large onion finely chopped, 2 chillies finely chopped, and 1 tbs.coriander leaves chopped. Mix to a smooth consistency with water, salt and 1 tbspoon milk powder, and make pancakes without oil. A very healthy and nutritious breakfast in India. For non-vegetarians, 1 beaten egg too can be added to the mixture.

22. klw1157 profile image85
    klw1157posted 13 years ago

Healthy Nachos
    1 bag of Frito Lay brand baked Tostitos
    1 can of black beans
    1 small can of corn
    1 bag taco seasoning mix
    1 Jar salsa
    1 diced tomato
    1 container fat free sour cream

Mix black beans and corn with juices in frying pan on medium heat, add taco seasoning, heat to boil and reduce heat stiring occasionally, fill a plate with Tostitos Chips, spoon heavily beans and corn over chips, drizzle salsa to taste, sprinkle diced tomato, and top with sour cream. 15 minutes tops and delicious!

23. readytoescape profile image60
    readytoescapeposted 13 years ago

Mcdonald's cheeseburger, doing a hundred and ten on the Florida Turnpike

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol...and that's 110 mpg?

24. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

...i'm going to have to make the phone call again.....for healthy take out....

25. Craan profile image77
    Craanposted 13 years ago

I prepare my fastest meal by toasting some bread and cutting up my favorite leafy vegetables. Then I place the vegetables is in a blender with water together with my favorite spices. I cook it all for 2 minutes to create a delicious soup with bread and butter.

26. nikki1 profile image60

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTYwBoR8WCuwUdTqS3mkk6fe88fRRlJxkW5sgXsZZ6Z_5Pek1Y1 added to the above.. diced tomatoes, fat free feta,
    in a whole grain sub-sandwich with lite mayo, mustard, and other fat free oil based dressings for flavor
    with salt free tortilla chips and water

27. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 13 years ago

nothing says a meal like.....SANDWICHES! big_smile

wink

1. profile image0
        Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

wink tongue

28. schoolgirlforreal profile image77
    schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years ago

Well,
    put a potato in microwave and press "one potato" after poking it w/ fork

then I take piece of steak and fry it on medium

Both are done in less than 10 mins

I love steak

29. nikki1 profile image60

thank you all for your comments yum tongue

30. nikki1 profile image60

lets step this up a notch, shall we.. lets show pic.s
    as well big_smile

shrimp egg roll, convectional oven style,... with fat
    free mild taco sauce big_smile 
    http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZVc8uyu8631hUKpXYSuFpKYWZ51Y88Nr2GwP5DnQADGScyAtO

31. schoolgirlforreal profile image77
    schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years ago

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/3756682.jpg

my steak dinner tongue

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)