real reality

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (62 posts)
  1. aka-dj profile image65
    aka-djposted 13 years ago

Here's some food for thought, (and discussion).

Again, suppose IF...
    God DID, in fact create the known physical universe etc, that would make His reality/domain superior to ours. It would be (and according to scripture, IS) eternal. In which case, our world is temporal.
    That being said, our version of reality is only valid WITHIN our domain. It will all come to an end. We will come to and end.

Conclusion.... The spirit realm is far MORE real. We, are but a vapor that vanishes in the morning sun.

1. pennyofheaven profile image79
      pennyofheavenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

We as we know we, I do agree....

But then vapor becomes rain and falls to earth again! The ebb and flow of temporal life. What a marvelous cycle.

1. profile image0
        Deborah Sextonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

2. Paraglider profile image89
      Paragliderposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That may be true within the consequence field of your IF condition.
      But it doesn't justify the IF condition itself.

Rather like, IF apples were arsenic, THEN eating apples would be fatal.

aka-djposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Must you be so technical? hmm

1. wilderness profile image94
          wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, of course.  That's how logic works.

However, given the validity of your premise that God created the known universe, it does not automatically follow that His universe is superior, nor does it necessarily follow that ours is temporal and will end.  Perhaps He copied his universe when making ours and it, too, is eternal.  The only thing that does follow is that our version of reality is valid only within our universe.

This makes your conclusion invalid as well; His universe is not necessarily MORE real than ours.

1. profile image0

1. wilderness profile image94
              wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You misunderstand - it is not God that is assumed superior but rather His universe.  The OP states that because God made the universe it is inferior to his own but that is a false conclusion with nothing to back it.  It would be more likely that our universe is an exact copy of His - easier to copy than to create new.

God's superiority is not mentioned at all by either the OP or myself.

......And if we assume that the holographic principle is correct what is in Gods Universe is also in ours and vice versa! Kinda like the universe is in a grain of sand.

2. profile image0

2. Paraglider profile image89
          Paragliderposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Only on Mondays!

3. Beelzedad profile image59
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

...Leprechauns existed, we would all find pots of gold at the end of rainbows.

Not neccessarily, often things are created to be superior from which they originated. How do you know our universe wasn't created to be superior?

1. profile image0

_________
        If this is superior, I'd hate to see the lesser

1. Beelzedad profile image59

I would disagree. Our world is awesome, beautiful and full of wonder. smile

4. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you except that the Creator-God is only attributive; He is not a spirit; all spirits are His creation.

Here we go again.

So, what EXACTLY do you say God is?

We're anxious to know this new revelation of yours.

1. profile image51

It is not a new Revelation; it is mentioned in Quran.

5. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely I agree!
      At least....as long as you realize that our spiritual existence in this world carries over into that eternal world...

2. aka-dj profile image65
    aka-djposted 13 years ago

I'd like to answer two points here.
    God's realm being superior. If God is powerful enough to make a copy, He certainly can make a new, unique one.
    And two, we are lesser because not only each one of us die, but "SCIENTISTS", woo hoo, are saying that this planet is on a collision course with destruction. They just can't say when.
    Even our sun is supposed to burn out one day.
    Not very eternal, if you ask me. big_smile

I agree that God's realm can be deemed as superior however that is not because I think our realm is inferior. More so because we don't seem to be fully aware of what is eternal in us or of what is eternal in that which is temporary.

Good point.
        There is a definite "eternal" component in us all.

2. Beelzedad profile image59

Yes, there are a lot of "If's" in your answers.

So, why did your god create an earth and then put it on a collision course with destruction and make it such that the sun will eventually burn out?  smile

Sin did that.

One day all will be remade, without sin, and will no longer be subject to destruction.

1. Beelzedad profile image59

LOL! lol

My sides are a splittin'. Hilarious stuff. smile

1. profile image0
            klarawieckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Stop laughing! yikes

YEAH.
              Stop laughing!
              lol lol lol

Your giving me stitches.
              lol lol lol

Sorry, but I can't help it after reading that answer. In about 5 billion years our sun is expected to come to the end of its life, the earth will be burnt to a cinder in that time.

And, god did this because of sin. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing001.gif

2. profile image0
          Revive@OwnRiskposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Unless, of course, the idea of sin is really a lie, and that this temporal world is an illusion. A Course in Miracles states that "nothing real can be threatened. Nothing unreal exists." In this "reality" there is no sin, only experiences which lead to course corrections, ultimately causing awareness and an "awakening" to God.

That seems a lot more rational than the superstitious, erroneous traditions of most all religions.

3. getitrite profile image72
    getitriteposted 13 years ago

It is possible that a God or superior entity created our realm, but to presume that the God of the bible had anything to do with this requires prehistoric thinking.

You better brush up on pre-history. (whatever that is). lol

1. getitrite profile image72
        getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Meaning what?

Are you implying that the term makes no sense or...

Are you asserting that there is no such thing as pre-history, because Goddunit? 

Everything except the belief in God seems to be held to the highest scrutiny.    What a confusing nonsensical approach to an argument. lol

Why not apply that "highest scrutiny" to the Biblical accounts, their accuracy and validity, also?
          You might be surprised to find a better and more balanced view than the one you currently hold.

If you accept pre-history, why deny history? Not very logical to me?

A better view! lol lol lol

When the bible is held to scrutiny, it crumbles under the weight of logic, making it an improbable account of history(and the future) to say the least.

It's according to what the word history is applied to.  The bible is not history, but a bunch of made up stories, told to an ignorant, fearful population.

The bible requires willful ignorance just in order to believe the nonsensical stories contained in it.  To me it is very logical to deny it as an accurate and valid history of humankind.

Thanx for clearing that all up for me.

You almost had me convinced you're right. lol lol

I have NO doubt you have your logical reasons for dismissing the Bible.
              God forbid you should be accountable to a higher power! (IE God).
              We couldn't have that, could we now?

You're welcome, but I know you will dig in even deeper, now, into psychotic delusion.

I'm aware that the powerful psychotic delusion you are under is resistant to ALL reason.   

I'm not fearful and weak, like psychotic believers are. 
                There is no God, and your threats mean absolutely nothing to me.

And I think this debate with you should come to an end, as you are too far gone to sustain any sensible discourse.

This is utterly absurd.

1. h.a.borcich profile image62
                  h.a.borcichposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You think the debate should end? So you made yet another post...Logical?
                  You think it is absurd? smile Really?

http://i798.photobucket.com/albums/yy268/dashrock11/th_question-mark3a.jpg
                                                                       http://i965.photobucket.com/albums/ae132/LuminaOnasi/Smiley%20Faces%20and%20Icons/stunned.gif

Let's have a look at your line of reasoning as to why you accept the bible. You said:

And, while I still haven't been able to stop laughing at your response, perhaps you can explain when this happened?

According to Genesis, the sun would have had to have been created before god created man. Man was without sin because man wasn't created yet. Was it at this point that god decided to create the sun to burn out one day, thus ending our world or did he already know we would sin before he created us? He must have known if he is omniscient and knows everything.

Or, did man sin and god didn't know about it and he then remade the sun to burn out, thus killing us all? If he didn't know we were going to sin, then he can't be omniscient.

So many contradictions, so few explanations, according to the bible anyways. Perhaps, you can clear this up with your bible? smile

1. profile image51

I agree with you on this point.

Sin is not hereditary; every human being on this glove is born innocent till one commits a sin and becomes a sinner.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
                    Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am sin free!

2. Greek One profile image65
                    Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I used a glove when i committed most of my teenage sins

2. pennyofheaven profile image79

How do you mean? How do you prehistorically think?

Never mind.  I am not going to spend my time debating semantics with you.  Give yourself five points, and move to the next round! lol

Ok if you say so!

4. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

getitrite wrote:
    It is possible that a God or superior entity created our realm,
    - - - - - - - -

I am curious as to your resourses ??   OH !
    you don't have any

getitrite wrote:
    but to presume that the God of the bible had anything to do with this requires prehistoric thinking.

- - - - - - - -

To presume that it didn't requires the same kind of thinking!

I take it you mean sources, instead of resourses.

Jerami, It is apparent that your only motivation is to cast anyone that opposes your nonsensical views as unlearned, unintelligent, or having no basis for their assertions.

It is common logic that the possibility of the existence of a God can neither be proven or disproven.  Do you need some actual sources?
      Are you totally ignorant of that fact?

Do you actually think about what you write before you write it?  This is absurd.

1. luvpassion profile image62
        luvpassionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Jerami, It is apparent that your only motivation is to cast anyone that opposes your nonsensical views as unlearned, unintelligent, or having no basis for their assertions

The pot calls the kettle black. roll

2. Jerami profile image58
        Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I read your post earlier and thought the same thing that luvpassion  stated.  I started to comment but thought

Never mind.  I am not going to spend my time debating semantics with you.  Give yourself five points, and move to the next round!

So I guess we will all have to respect your psychotic worldview, and  agree:  Goddunit!

And we will also have to respect my psychotic worldview that the existence of the biblical God is absurd.

Thrilling to know that we are all psychotic.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d171/orangemagritte/th_best-smiley.gif

2. pennyofheaven profile image79

Haha too funny! So what do we win with all these points going around? Can I redeem mine for a toaster?

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt90/Wes878/prayer-jesus-god-stupid-atheist-rel.jpg

So what are you meaning? I still want a toaster!

2. Jerami profile image58

I am wanting to save up all of my points and one day buy a mirror that we can all see ourselves clearly.

If we could see ourselves more clearly, we might not act the way that we do.

Can I still have a toaster? ...... Then again a mirror is probably more useful!

1. Jerami profile image58

i don't know ?  peanut butter and Jelly on  TOAST   stimulates my urges for self reflection.

5. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

getitrite wrote 
    Thrilling to know that we are all psychotic.

There Ya go ,,   Now You'r starting to get it.

6. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

I appreciated two observations of our friend getitrite:

1.    It is possible that a God or superior entity created our realm, but to presume that the God of the bible had anything to do with this requires prehistoric thinking

2.    When the bible is held to scrutiny, it crumbles under the weight of logic, making it an improbable account of history (and the future) to say the least.

I agree that with mere logic one cannot fully comprehend the Creator-God Allah YHWH; bare logic could lead one to the maximum stage that there “should be” a creator of this Universe and the Life in it; and cannot take us to the point that there “is” a Creator-God Allah YHWH.

Regarding the pre-historic or historic thinking; to me Christians cannot prove the historicity of Jesus and/ or Bible. The same way; the Atheists cannot prove at that past point of time historicity of the first ever Atheist that might have existed.

Both points of view lack historicity and hence are mythical, in a sense.

Another point; the Creator-God Allah YHWH is neither a physical being nor a spiritual being but is only attributive; all physical and spiritual things are His creation.

Good points!

7. Paraglider profile image89
    Paragliderposted 13 years ago

O wad some Power the giftie gie us
    To see oursels as ithers see us!

(If you don't recognise that, google it, for one of the best of Burns's poems).

8. maven101 profile image70
    maven101posted 13 years ago

Nietzsche has said when you look long into the abyss, the abyss also looks back at you. I take that to mean when you look at something long enough, something totally alien to your values or prejudices, you carry a part of that with you.. This can be either positive or negative, but the stronger the emotions, the more heated the passions, the more likely we are to retain some aspect of that deep abyss...So it is with reality...looking at alternate realities piles layers of skepticism, of contrary questioning, a sense of doubt that questions ANY reality...
    I agree with Camus; life is absurd...

9. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 13 years ago

Everybody stop sinning, NOW!
    http://serve.mysmiley.net/innocent/innocent0006.gif

1. Jerami profile image58

I just can't stop it.
         I tried a few times; ...
         couldn't quite accomplish my expectations.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)