Too many comments, I want to convert it to a forum like thing

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (22 posts)
  1. rider_tiger profile image78
    rider_tigerposted 13 years ago

In my hub
    http://hubpages.com/hub/EU-FP7-Marie-Cu … F-IIF-tips
    there are over 800 comments and at certain time in a year, people look at that hub for guidance, relief and communication.
    Is there any way I can convert the comment capsule to a forum like capsule? I added another comment capsule but thats just another comment capsule and did not add any value.
    Thanks in advance to those who reply.

1. ThomasE profile image68
      ThomasEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You can't do it on hubpages, you would need to set up your own forum elsewhere, and provide a link to it.

2. saleheensblog profile image61
      saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

yes, i support you. I recommended a forum type comment section few weeks ago too. I would be nice to reply a particular comment but the problem will be the repetition of a comment when responding may cause duplication.

2. simeonvisser profile image67
    simeonvisserposted 13 years ago

There is no forum capsule, only a comments capsule which basically serves the same purpose. Adding a second comments capsule doesn't help. Not sure what to do really sad

3. travelespresso profile image69
    travelespressoposted 13 years ago

This doesn't answer your question but the link below has the options available on HubPages at the moment.

http://learningcenter.hubpages.com/comments-capsule/

I can see that managing that number of comments would be extremely difficult.  Hope you find a solution that works for you.

4. profile image0
    ralwusposted 13 years ago

erase them, start over

5. profile image0
    Sophia Angeliqueposted 13 years ago

I have absolutely no idea what the post is about but if I had something similar, here is what I do.

I would establish if there were things that people were asking that were not in the article and add a capsule with that information so that the questions wouldn't need to be asked.

I would then delete all the responses. Nobody reads responses after there are more than ten.

Select the best ten responses and leave them there.

1. saleheensblog profile image61

the more comment the better. comments continuously add fresh content to the hub and keep the search engines pleased. and more comments mean more keywords too. so deleting comments is the last thing to do for sure.

1. profile image0
        Sophia Angeliqueposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I didn't know that.

Thanks for telling me.

no problem, i am always learning. smile

Merry Christmas to you

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/4312925_f248.jpg

2. lrohner profile image68
      lrohnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Actually, I do. And quite frequently, particularly if I'm searching a specific answer to a question.

me too smile especially in literature and seo hubs.

Marry Christmas to you Irohner.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/4312909_f248.jpg

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/4312912.jpg

1. profile image0
          Donna Ferrierposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Aww, I love the little reindeer and bunny...where did you get them?

1. Joy56 profile image69
            Joy56posted 13 years agoin reply to this

right click on the picture you like, and save as.......

2. saleheensblog profile image61

hey Donna, Merry Christmas to you. They came to my home yesterday and I took some photo then. lol
            http://s2.hubimg.com/u/4315369.jpg

3. Pcunix profile image90
      Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely untrue.

Of course judicious editing can eliminate repetitive and pointless comments, but if new information is still being added, you never should limit them to some  arbitrary number.

6. rider_tiger profile image78
    rider_tigerposted 13 years ago

I definitely intend to keep all the comments, because people have been using them to chat with each other and they have been replying each other's questions, to the best of their ability.
    It would be much easier to establish that forum on that page because everybody who writes marie curie tips, ief tips etc. is getting on this page, instead of the official cordis page because the officials on cordis are simply bureaucrats and they do not provide something a scientist would read.
    Anyhew, I hope somebody can come up with some type of solution because I think being too popular should not be a problem on hub pages.

well, before more people visit this forum please, delete the link from your post. too many thieves here. never disclose your successful niches in public. you won't believe that many will shamelessly copy your keywords and write a even better hub and push you down with back linking.

1. rider_tiger profile image78
        rider_tigerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks saleheensblog for the advice. Now, how do I delete the link from this forum?

7. Aficionada profile image80
    Aficionadaposted 13 years ago

Would it be possible for you to copy the best comments and responses into a separate Hub and link to that Hub from the one where the comments now are?  Then, delete the older comments, but leave the most recent 30-40.  800 really does seem like an enormous number to wade through.  I would probably read many, but not that many.

8. profile image53
    fbetancourtposted 13 years ago

Rider, start a forum and link to it. Encourage communication there? Would be easier and would be a nice resource for a lot of people.

9. Information Ninja profile image61
    Information Ninjaposted 13 years ago

When a hub or a blog post becomes that popular you know your on to something and that might mean it is time to start your own forum.   Forums are fun and very satisfying to run.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)