I can prove that many are tired of the god or no god arguments!

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (13 posts)
  1. profile image60
    logic,commonsenseposted 13 years ago

smile

1. ceciliabeltran profile image63
      ceciliabeltranposted 13 years agoin reply to this

proven right

2. profile image0
      Onusonusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'd be willing to bet that there are alot of people who aren't. wink

2. Pearldiver profile image69
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

This Whole I'm Smarter - More Important - More 'Enlightened' - Far Better and More Arrogant Separatism... Is Tres BS on a site of the quality of HP!
    Consider... That this site has now grown into a truly international site.  That means that people from many cultures enjoy supporting the site!  It is NOT the merits of Religious Belief or Non Belief that attracts Genuine People to this site as Writers!
    I am sure that 95% of the Intelligent People here are repulsed by the pointless squabbles and immature abuse based on personal religious interpretations, either way!

Why Are You Here if Not to be a Writer? hmm

If you have a need to vent your personal point of view on religious issues - Write hubs.. And Jam your opinion down your readers' throats, let your personal readers vote and comment on the merits of your opinions and watch your traffic grow! smile

If it doesn't grow... then you will understand what I'm saying here... that the world thinks your work is BS! - Consider That! smile
    - Truly - Honestly - Positively - Factually - Consider That!

1. Nick M. profile image60
      Nick M.posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Beautifully written.  I couldn't agree more!

3. AdeleCosgroveBray profile image87
    AdeleCosgroveBrayposted 13 years ago

Seconded, Pearldiver.

4. Pearldiver profile image69
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

Cheers Adele... Thanks smile

5. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

No, people are tired of this crap spreading out of the religion forum...

6. profile image0
    just_curiousposted 13 years ago

You're preaching to the choir here. Not sure why a difference of opinion on it has to be an issue.

7. Sethareal profile image60
    Setharealposted 13 years ago

Amen! I recently got into the forums here on HP (first post today) and fell prey to one of these lengthy debates on the subject against my better judgment, wasn't all bad though there were a handful of posts that were interesting. There's never really a right answer and most people have a cognitive dissonance/mental blinders regardless of which side they are on there seems to be a complete lack of objectivity. As a philosophy major in college with an interest in religion I enjoyed talking with friends about this kind of stuff so I hope there is much more to this forum than that. I end up hating most of my hubs and delete them after a month or so but I love reading other peoples work and am excited to check these forums out more.

Here's to not arguing with people who do not want to expand/grow their thinking but merely convince others to their point of view at all costs. Regardless of what the subject is, I am going to try and avoid that from now on. Seeing this topic has renewed my faith in the HP community forums!

8. johnnypenn profile image60
    johnnypennposted 13 years ago

I don't mind an academic discussion on it.
    I just get upset when people call me names because I believe in a religion and they think its bad and stuff. I accept them for who they are, why is it so hard for them to accept me and others who believe like I do?

9. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 13 years ago

Very tired indeed!

10. thirdmillenium profile image62
    thirdmilleniumposted 13 years ago

In deed. These pointless arguments take away the substance of the topic and degeneragte into plain "God, or no God" debates. If you do not believe in God, so be it. Do not introduce this into any topic that  anything to do with God and veer away from what is being discussed. Please.

Say I want to talk about whether Jesus meant for Peter to be his "heir" and in come the Godless brigade to come up with NO God argument. Can you honestly say if it has anything to do with what I want to talk about?

Why do it?

You have proved time and again that that there is no God. Leave it at that. Please

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)