Is anyone crazy about Greek yogurt the way I am?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (27 posts)
  1. aallard23 profile image62
    aallard23posted 12 years ago

I am loving how beneficial Greek yogurt is to my health. It is soooo good. I'm eating it like everyday. Just plain yogurt with strawberries or blueberries mixed in is the best. Is anybody loving it the way I am?

1. Woman Of Courage profile image60
      Woman Of Courageposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The Yoplait yogurt was the only kind I enjoyed eating until I noticed the high amount of sugar in it. How much sugar is in the Greek yogurt that you purchased?

aallard23posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I eat Chobani and it has 9 grams of sugar. I suppose that is good.

1. Woman Of Courage profile image60
          Woman Of Courageposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Chobani, Thanks for your answer. The sugar intake is less than some brands. smile

2. profile image0
      Digsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

My wife and I love Greek yogurt as well.  Sometimes we mix it half and half with plain non-fat yogurt and add bananas and apples.  Makes a very elegant and great tasting dessert.

3. ahostagesituation profile image80
      ahostagesituationposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Love that stuff!

2. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 12 years ago

I love everything GREEK!

1. Greek One profile image62
      Greek Oneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you very much.

3. eatlikenoone profile image59
    eatlikenooneposted 12 years ago

I have only had it once, but it was good.

4. gracenotes profile image88
    gracenotesposted 12 years ago

Greek yogurt is good, and the plain version is better for making certain recipes.  It's creamier than regular yogurt.

5. rkhyclak profile image60
    rkhyclakposted 12 years ago

I love it drizzled with honey and maybe with a couple of blueberries mixed in. Also love making my own tzatziki sauce!

tzatziki sauce? What is that?

1. cardelean profile image87
        cardeleanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Me too.  It's Greek yogurt with tiny pieces of cucumbers, a little garlic, and lemon juice mixed together (salt and pepper to taste).  It's a great sauce that can be used on sandwiches but it's most known for it's use on Gyros.

o ok. sounds yummy!

6. Racacala profile image61
    Racacalaposted 12 years ago

I absolutely love greek yogurt.. I purchase Stonyfield Organic greek yogurt.. also, beware of imposters, there are some yogurts that say they are "greek style" and do not hold the same nutritional value as regular greek yogurt. I usually add cinnamon, granola and blueberries to mine. I love how it has a low sugar content so that I can add extra yummy and good for you things!

Yumm cinnamon. I think I will add cinnamon to mine as well. The Chobani regular flavor is so strong that I need to add something to it.

7. rebekahELLE profile image86
    rebekahELLEposted 12 years ago

I love Greek yogurt. I like it with walnuts, a touch of honey and dash of cinnamon.  Sometimes I make fruit smoothies with it.

8. sabrebIade profile image80
    sabrebIadeposted 12 years ago

Wow...I must be the only one that can't stand it!
    LOL
    I tried it awhile back and it tasted like it had gone bad.
    Maybe I should try another brand.
    Any suggestions?

1. rebekahELLE profile image86
      rebekahELLEposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If you like it sweeter, you could try Fage or Chobani.
      I usually buy Stoneyfield Oikos because they use organic ingredients and I don't like overly sweet yogurt.  It's probably healthier to buy plain yogurt and mix fresh fruits into it. Blueberries and strawberries are very high in pesticide residue unless you buy organic.

I love tzatziki! It tastes very good on pita bread for a quick snack.

2. aallard23 profile image62

I agree with rebekahELLE. Fage or Chobani is probably best.

9. cardelean profile image87
    cardeleanposted 12 years ago

I LOVE Greek yogurt.  My favorite brand is Chobani.  It has great flavors and I love the high protein content that it provides.

10. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 12 years ago

Yes, I'm crazy about Greek yogurt too and I make it all the time. 

I learned to make yogurt from my mom and I've been making my own yogurt to my own taste my whole life. I'm spoiled and I find most comercial brand yogurts either too sweet or too tart, or just plain nasty tasting.

What makes yogurt "Greek" style is the filtering process. After the milk is heated and the cultures added, it is strained through cheesecloth, filtering out the whey. That's what makes it so thick and creamy.

Interesting. Thank you Disturbia.

11. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 12 years ago

I have the food preferences of a six-year-old, so I seldom try anything new.  lol  Years ago I made the "big, adventurous", leap from Columbo and Dannon to Yoplait (and later the mousse variety of Yoplait).  Unless Yoplait goes out of business (the way Columbo did), I'm not seeing trying Greek yogurt.  lol  (I do love Greek salad dressing, though.  smile )

lol. Greek salad dressing. That is still good.

12. tritrain profile image68
    tritrainposted 12 years ago

Yes, with honey.

Remember a few years ago when "custard style" was popular?  That had the same consistency as Greek.

True true.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)