Quick. Who believes the end of the world is on the 21st?

Jump to Last Post 1-26 of 26 discussions (87 posts)
  1. Slarty O'Brian profile image82
    Slarty O'Brianposted 12 years ago

When are these lunatics going to stop thinking like superstitious  primitives?

1. profile image0
      Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

To answer your question concerning that group of lunatics. May 22nd.

Slarty O'Brianposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's a long weekend. Can't you put in a word for moving it to Tuesday? It's supposed to be sunny too. I was looking forward to it after all this damned rain we have been having.

1. profile image0
          Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think that's doable. I believe their calculations hinge on the day the ark was launched. All I need to do is convince them they forgot to take into account leap years, blue moons and the apocalypse averted in'76. That should buy the rest of us a few days.

It shouldn't be hard to convince them. It appears that they will believe anything. But it'll have to be late afternoon on Tuesday. I have a luncheon engagement I would prefer to keep.

Tuesday afternoon then. I'll play the Moody Blues tune by the same name while I watch people float to heaven. Thanks. wink

2. IntimatEvolution profile image68
      IntimatEvolutionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

great question

3. profile image0
      CollBposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well, that date made me sit up and wonder.

Still had to take a family member to the dentist today though and 2 fillings were had and we're still here so hopefully we're not living in the aftermath of the end times.

However as far as I know, if we knew the exact date the Lord was returning to claim victory over Satan, we'd all prepare!

2. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 12 years ago

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/5063645_f248.jpg

Tell The Truth:

Wanna Get Down and get dirty with my superstitions Big Boy? hmm

Sure. Wanna tell me what they are? wink

2. Karanda profile image80
      Karandaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ooh, nice to see you back in the forums. smile

1. Pearldiver profile image67
        Pearldiverposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Eh Karanda! smile

Thanks for the nice welcome...

It is 6.15am Saturday morn in God'sOwn New Zealand... and the sparrow farts Are Not Earthquakes or Thunder on the horizon... they are merely.. Dirty Little Birds!!! smile

3. nell79 profile image78
    nell79posted 12 years ago

If it does end on Saturday, I guess I don't have to worry about weeding all my flower beds!

Well, unless you get raptured there will probably be at least one more growing season before the end. But be kind to the weeds. They are definitely not being raptured so they need a break.

4. CMHypno profile image84
    CMHypnoposted 12 years ago

If the world does end on that day it will be pure coincidence!

Really? I'm an atheist. But if I see people floating to to heaven on Saturday the first thing I will think will not be that it's a coincidence. I'll think someone slipped LSD into my drink. lol...

1. CMHypno profile image84
        CMHypnoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well everything comes to an end, even planets!  Though I doubt that this one is getting a red card this weekend. Also depends if they mean the planet being destroyed or the end of the human race - not the same thing at all. Planet Earth can do very well without us!

That's the thing. They always say it is going to end but what they mean is that it's going to start. The end for Christians is never an end, just a beginning.

Predictions say that after the end of the world us atheists and other sinners will still be alive down here in a kind of hell on earth with the zombies till Jesus comes and renews the earth. I think it's then that we all get flung into the pit.

But. Buddhists predicted a third world war first and then a thousand years of peace. After that it's anybodies guess.

And it can't end now because we still have 2012 to look forward to according to the Mayans.

I wonder what Jesus will do about the sun going red giant in a few billion years?

5. nell79 profile image78
    nell79posted 12 years ago

I actually saw a news story that this all orriginated with an 89 year old minister who thought it was going to end in the 90s, but it turns out his math was a little off that time. hmm

I hate it when that happens!

It can't end. The Maple leafs haven't won a Stanly Cup yet. When that happens or hell freezes over, it'll be the end of the world for sure.

1. Beelzedad profile image59
        Beelzedadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No worries, the Nucks are well on their way to winning their first. smile

Is that a prediction? wink

Yeah, but we lost the cup in '95 by one goal. The Nucks have a bad habit of letting the big ones get away. However, they've never looked so good or played so well. They man-handled and disposed of the Sharks last night, it was a sight to see. smile

I hope you are right. It is only fitting that a Canadian team wins,.The Senators have done the same  thing to me for years now. But at least the world won't end. It'll just be a better place. wink

6. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

The world actually ended yesterday

I got a click on Adsense... as foretold in all the ancient religious texts

So is Google now going bankrupt? Surely, that would be the end of the world. LOL! Greek One broke the Google Bank smile

2. Slarty O'Brian profile image82

S**t. I missed it. Where are the Zombie parties?

3. profile image0
      Motown2Chitownposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol

7. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 12 years ago

I've got my bags packed and 3/4 of my stuff given away already, Slarty! wink  I've only got till Saturday too.  Shoot, I better get on the ball!

If anyone will be raptured it's you. wink Put in a good word for me when you see the big guy. Tell him I can't help not believing in him. He made me this way.

My mother shocked me today. I see her every week when I do groceries for her. We were talking about this rapture thing. and she told me she actually prays to god not to send her to heaven if the rest of her family isn't going. She'd rather be with us.

Damn if that didn't make me feel like I should repent. lol...

1. profile image0

Love it - a mother's prayers never go unanswered. wink  So, wherever we wind up in the end (unless it's just a big nowhere/nothing) I think you can be assured that you'll be together with your family.  smile

8. sabrebIade profile image79
    sabrebIadeposted 12 years ago

I live in a small town in southern PA and we have an electronic billboard beside one of the main roads here in town.
    Yesterday I went by it and so help me there was a "Judgement Day May 21st!" message on it.
    That kinda freaked me out that even in a very small town like this you are seeing it.
    Even more creepy?
    When I posted this, there were 21 posts on this thread!
    ::cue Twilight Zone theme::

1. Donna Suthard profile image60
      Donna Suthardposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Its not happening!! i wouldn't let it concern you!

9. Disappearinghead profile image59
    Disappearingheadposted 12 years ago

Old Brother Camping is not the only one.

http://www.ebiblefellowship.com/outreach/tracts/may21/

1. Castlepaloma profile image76
      Castlepalomaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I was out in the Vancouver Streets last night whooping up with a huge crowd over Canuck big win.

Then this bible thumping gang from Seattle came scaring everybody on the street about the end the world on May 21st.

American with do anything to prevent us from winning the Stanley Cup even with a blame Canada attitude

Are all the atheists on Hub pages Canadian? lol.... It shouldn't shock me. Go Vancouver go.!

10. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 12 years ago

So now even God will be unemployed.
    http://www.pic4ever.com/images/229.gif

Maybe God will employ the Jews to smile down on hell. Even Satan who invented job, won't get fired but (kick in the butt) will get promoted to over 100 billion served

2. profile image0

lol

11. SoftCornHippo profile image59
    SoftCornHippoposted 12 years ago

I've been waiting anxiously to see what my final destination will be - and now that it is so close I realize there is no way to prepare for judgement day - if it truly exists.  I've always thought these things are more like metaphors for teachings, in other words "Live life AS IF you will be judged at the end and you will be good, kind, courageous, generous and compassionate and have nothing to worry about - either way" 

of course, I haven't done so, and expect to get a lot of punishment  - IF!  See you there!

12. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 12 years ago

Hope, I am not going to stuck in traffic between hell and heaven, hate waiting!

Maybe we should pack sandwiches LOL!

13. Greek One profile image63

the NHL season is over until the Fall...

everyone move on

GO LEAFS GO

... something about a river in Egypt... wink

14. Beth100 profile image69
    Beth100posted 12 years ago

Classic case of "if I do, I'm damned and if I don't, I'm damned".  lol

15. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

We in Australia and New Zealand are going to die when exactly?

It is 4.47 in the afternoon of Friday the 20th in Melbourne Australia. Where was the date worked out from?

Help me out with this...... am I dead yet?

1. profile image60
      logic,commonsenseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well earnest, if you are in Australia, aren't you already in heaven? smile

So are the 'Rapture parties' already over in Australia? Did you stay or did you go Earnest?

Seems like there is nothing like a bit of death and destruction to get the Evangelicals partying and the more godforsaken amongst us never need an excuse to have a good time:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article … quake.html

I think that the guy who is offering pet insurance to those who expect to be raptured and need somewhere to look after their pets left here on earth is very enterprising!

1. earnestshub profile image80
          earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Being one of those lower than low non believers I am still here.

Not a big topic here as far as I know. smile

1. profile image0

earnest, I was going to send you an email to see how you fared.  smile  We've got just over four hours to wait on our end - I told Slarty to give me a call and check things out!

2. Amanda Severn profile image93
          Amanda Severnposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I just read the Daily Mail link. Incredible how this thing has spread.I wonder what will happen on Sunday when these guys wake up 'unraptured'?

1. aka-dj profile image64
            aka-djposted 12 years agoin reply to this

They will just shift dates to the "updated" one. lol

1. Amanda Severn profile image93

Maybe if they keep switching dates, they'll eventually get lucky!!!!

1. earnestshub profile image80

Camper already got lucky!
                So far he has made many millions from it.

I guess some will be wanting a refund, but not a bad little earner all the same! lol

2. Slarty O'Brian profile image82

They should consider that they are all going to hell with the rest of us and leave it at that. They were right. God took what he wanted. It wasn't them. lol....

2. earnestshub profile image80

It is pretty good here. I just got back from the supermarket. Prices are very high for food items though. smile

16. LittleFairy profile image60
    LittleFairyposted 12 years ago

I find it silly to believe in such stuff, natural disasters have always taken place and would continue but that dosen't signify the end. This is just another scam taking advantage of people's fear.

17. Greek One profile image63

One thing is for certain...

if the world does end on the 21st, a large group of Hubbers will put the blame on Obama

18. Karanda profile image80
    Karandaposted 12 years ago

Okay, it's already the 21st here in Australia. Nineteen minutes in and all looks good. If the world ends will we know about it before everyone else does?

1. Amanda Severn profile image93

We're counting on you to give us advance warning!

Karanda

I always wanted to see the horny 7 headed red dragon and where the earth spreads apart into flaming volcanoes’.

Could you film it on your cell phone and let us see it before you go, by then, I will start repenting.

1. Karanda profile image80
          Karandaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So sorry to disappoint Castlepaloma but 6:00 pm has come and gone and ne'er a horny 7 headed red dragon in sight. I will keep you posted though in case we catch a glimpse of the nigh before you do!

No Red dragon, No Repenting.

It goes to show you , nobody, no lawyer, no greedy rich man, no politician  can hold a candle to the BS stories of a clergyman

2. sabrebIade profile image79
      sabrebIadeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No.
      I'm assuming this guy made his predictions for the USA, knowing that it's "The Chosen Land" and all other countries, date lines etc don't count.
      Since the Bible was written in the Middle east, I would assume it would be based on their times, but you know America takes precedence, being the only Christian country in the world. 

I'll hold up my sarcasm sign just in case anyone took that seriously.

19. Beelzedad profile image59
    Beelzedadposted 12 years ago

We're having an "End of Earth" party on Saturday night with a full band, several blenders running and building margaritas.

Has anyone tried the new honey flavored Jack Daniels yet? smile

1. Disturbia profile image59
      Disturbiaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Great, I'm having mine tonight complete with DJ, strippers, and all the booze you can drink.  I seriously hope the cops come to shut us down, of course I've invited just about the whole town so I'm sure some of them will be there.  I gave my employees the day off and they are all invited to the party so I fully expect not to see anyone at work tomorrow.

20. recommend1 profile image61
    recommend1posted 12 years ago

Well damn and blast - I maxed out all the cards and had the party and it is THE day and nothing happened so far sad

21. sabrebIade profile image79

Ooops!
    I was wrong!
    "Camping, interviewed on a radio station recently, said the rapture will happen at exactly 6 p.m. Saturday. But it will happen timezone by timezone, meaning the first round of rapturing will happen at 6 p.m. in the International Dateline at 180 longitude. (That’s between Pago Pago, American Samoa and Nuku’alofa, Tonga.)"
    http://blog.seattlepi.com/thebigblog/20 … d-camping/

22. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 12 years ago

What Absolute BS... How sad that they don't even know were in the world 6 pm occurs first roll

It is NZ - in the Chatham Islands actually... which are No Where NEAR that Chosen spot!

How sad there are such serious issues with the water in certain places in the world... it seems to react badly with their medication! roll

23. Disturbia profile image59
    Disturbiaposted 12 years ago

I'll have to make sure I get all those bodies floating up to heaven on video.

Camping heh,

I'll bring the hot dogs, marshmallow and pot. We won't need any fire wood there will be plenty of fire that surround us. When the time comes, I'll bow down to where my ass is and kiss it good bye.

Last chance, anybody wants to sell me their land for very cheap, like right now?

24. sabrebIade profile image79

Well right now it's 8:01 am in Chatham Islands....

25. brimancandy profile image78
    brimancandyposted 12 years ago

I hope not! I am hoping to party memorial day weekend, and have reservations for Mardi Gras!! That would suck!!

26. kerryg profile image83
    kerrygposted 12 years ago

The World Clock says it's already the 22nd in Canberra, Sydney, and Brisbane - any Aussies still up and willing to report? Or have y'all been Raptured? lol

Nop. Retard lives in California. That means he has adjusted his calculations t0 Pacific time, which means the rapture won't happen till 9 pm Eastern in Canada and the US, depending on who does and who does not observe daylight savings time.

To be safe, the celebrations can begin around 10pm Eastern. I know that means it Australia and the like get an extra day. You should all consider  yourselves lucky for it. .

Oh yeah. nine hours left till the end of the world. Breaking news: God told me only the atheists are getting raptured. They are the only ones who weren't greedy and who didn't pester him about being included.

I'm beginning to feel lighter already.

2. Castlepaloma profile image76

Just to add, it will happen 10:30 Newfoundland time

I can hear all the jokes tomorrow

Shouldn't he be arrested for fraud? He bilked people out of thousands of dollars and he's done it more than once. It should be illegal to scare the poor and idiotic into departing with their money on false pretenses. And of course it is. But not when it is a religion that is doing it, it seems.

Are going to a Zombie party at 11 pm? wink

1. profile image0

He should be arrested for stupidity first, then fraud and all the rest.  He's a moron.

Can I come to the party?!?!?  I love Zombies!

smile

Absolutely. Unless you are raptured. In which case you might get permission if you ask An really nice. wink

1. profile image0

Well, if I am raptured, I won't show.  If not, I love Zombies AND parties, so it's on!  And, no need to worry, I have a long, long, long list of things I intend to ask once I get upstairs.

smile

3. sabrebIade profile image79
        sabrebIadeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If he said that then Camping is tap-dancing already because...

"Camping, interviewed on a radio station recently, said the rapture will happen at exactly 6 p.m. Saturday. But it will happen timezone by timezone, meaning the first round of rapturing will happen at 6 p.m. in the International Dateline at 180 longitude. (That’s between Pago Pago, American Samoa and Nuku’alofa, Tonga.)"
        http://blog.seattlepi.com/thebigblog/20 … d-camping/

So it should already be in full swing.

It is. But so few are going no one has missed them yet. Call up your police station and ask if there were any missing persons reports so far,. I'll bet there were and  there will be more. wink

1. profile image0

Call my home phone around 7pm your time, Slarty.  If no one answers, you'll know for sure!

lol

Ok. and the same goes for you. If you don't get my call by 7:15 you will know Christianity has had it all wrong. The atheists are the ones he wants. That's why he had to wait till now to get enough of us to fill his quota.

That is not fair , he want most of us in Hell

For hell, not in hell. You will get your uniform and instructions when you get to heaven. Seems the Christians Jews and Muslims have been following a fallen god: the one who said to his followers that he is the only god.

Don't worry. Hell is only a place where they all get deprogrammed. "An" (the real father of all the gods) needs us to help coordinate the masses and guide them to where they need to be.

On the other hand, Yahweh is in big trouble.

You will get farther instructions at 11 pm  Newfoundland time.

You mean, another form of sheep herding

When do I get to sing my lifetime song?

I did it my way.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)