Is Gingrich's Political Career Done For?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (106 posts)
  1. Ralph Deeds profile image66
    Ralph Deedsposted 12 years ago

Newt seems to me to have slit his own throat with his criticism of the Ryan Medicare privatization proposal which was adopted nearly unanimously by the House last month. Moreover, the House vote may have cost the GOP seats in in several elections coming up soon and next year. As Eric Alterman said, by making support for the Ryan plan a litmus test has turned the Big Reagan GOP tent into a pup tent.

1. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 12 years agoin reply to this

What you ask her I think is possible. I keep woundering what Newt was attempting to do. I doubt his statement; saying that he made a mistake.

I keep thinking He is,  underneath,  wanting the Tea Partiers out of the G.O.P. and on their own, but powers to be viewed it as herisy. Becuase of Ryan's golden boy status.

I think you are correct here, very. But I wounder what is really underneath here, his true motive.

Ralph Deedsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think Newt was speaking out of recognition that the Ryan plan for Medicare isn't going over very well with many voters, especially with people like me who are eligible for Medicare and find that it works quite well. (Except for the fact that there is abuse and fraud and doesn't do enough to curb skyrocketing health care costs.) Gingrich was correct in pointing out that the Ryan voucher proposal is "too radical." He was searching for a middle ground, but he miscalculated the reaction of his fellow Repbulicans, especially the members of the House nearly all of whom voted for the Ryan budget plan.

1. uncorrectedvision profile image60
          uncorrectedvisionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ryan's plan is hardly radical it is far too tame.  The demographic disaster of Medicare is only now building.  By the time the last of the Baby Boom retires it will no longer be sustainable.  Any action that does not drastically reform it now dooms it.

It will be fun to hear how much retirees love medicare when they are denied access to the pacemaker when granny can just take a pill(remember Barry's chilling words.)

Barry's death panel of one.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-dQfb8WQvo

Agreed. Rising Medicare costs and health care costs generally are unsustainable. What's your solution. My understanding is that the health reform passed last year has a number of cost control features albeit insufficient to do the job that's needed.

Your comment about death panels is misleading. Everybody knows that there's a whole lotta needless testing and ineffective treatment going on. Obama's plan doesn't provide for denial of effective care for anyone.

When decisions about treatment are taken away from the doctor and the patient and placed in the hands of a government bureaucracy as medicare policy what would you call it.  When one is empaneled to make life and death decisions how can it not be  a death panel?

I repeat, what's your solution to curb the unsustainable rate of increase in health care costs? We know that a huge percentage of health care cost is incurred in futile treatment and care during the final month or two of life--heart surgery for 87 year-olds who are in poor health. One of our neighbors is a heart surgeon. You should hear his tales.

I don't offer a solution for the reason I have stated in other posting on this thread.  We are done as a free people it is only a matter of time before we are all standing in line for food and medicine.  This is as it should be.  When a man decides it is right for the government to plunder the property of another and award it to him merely because he has failed to manage his own life well it is the end of freedom.

The solution is coming.  Health care costs will plummet when no health care is available except to those connected to government.  History repeats.

The solution - eat the rich

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Sp-VFBbjpE

1. lovemychris profile image76
                    lovemychrisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The rich won't be around.
                    I hear they already have plans to head for S. America and Dubai.

They will leave after they get done with their pillaging and murder.

Off to the safe-haven that money can buy.....stolen booty from the working people of America....just as they've done elsewhere.

That's why your crop of Cult-members are trying to squeeze the last out of us they can.....the time is near for their prophecied disaster...

Only the rich will survive.....so they think.
                    Luckily, they do not hold the master plan.

I see a big tornado, with all their money flying away and landing on an ancient island....untouched by so-called civilization...the Natives will burn the money for fire.

2. Mister Veritis profile image60
                  Mister Veritisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I suggest the free market. We should prohibit the government from having any role whatever in health care. Taking the taxpayer off the hook for every individual's bad decisions and placing the individual directly on the hook for his or her bad decisions would bring the price down instantly.

He made a boo-boo. Maybe he will recover. And maybe he won't. I happen to really like the guy. But I love my country more. We cannot allow the One-Term-President Obama to stay.

I think Obama will go, he has to many errors and the health Care issue will hurt him dearly, as for Newt, I do not know. I know we need very strong representation now, with answers and debate power and we seem to be spliting apart over silly issues, like birth certificates, college grades etc... really stupid issues, when we need facts and strength.

I do not want Obama again ever. he is not right for America. But no one seems strong right now. I think we are in as much election trouble as Obama is in truth, and if its a toss up, He, Obama, will get through it. and that I do not wish to see. XPat status is really looking better al the time now!

The country I fought for, I do not know any more.

1. Mister Veritis profile image60

But go where? I have looked at Singapore and Belize. The productive people will leave if there is a place to go to.

Point Taken...Was thinkling Dominica, (Not Dominican Republic) and some other places, but again....your point is heard.

2. Jeff Berndt profile image72
            Jeff Berndtposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"The productive people will leave if there is a place to go to."
            Malarchy. Taxes were higher in the 40s-70s and we didn't have a mass exodus of 'productive people.' In fact, we had an era of economic expansion after WWII in spite of the high taxes.

The whole "tax too much and the best and brightest will leave" philosophy is a mug's game.

This is an often repeated myth.  Tax rates may have been higher but the actual effective tax rate was lower.  The tax reforms in 1986 that followed the reduction in rates under Reagan closed up some very large tax deductions.  Those seeking to shelter large portions of their income had more options prior to 1986.  The tax rate paid by the "middle class" tax payer was much lower than it is now. 

This oft repeated myth confuses the facts regarding a complex history of the income tax code.

As to fleeing, it is far more likely today that people can flee.  Income is less dependent on being tied to an industrial base than ever before.  More nations around the world are experiencing standards of living, heretofore, realized only in the most sophisticated countries.

Places like Costa Rica and Ecuador are often mentioned in best foreign retirement destinations.  People have been fleeing high tax states within the United States it seems counter intuitive that this trend would not translate to a national level.  There are ample examples available of British, Irish, Scottish, Canadian businesses, artists, athletes who came to the States when the tax situation at home became unbearable.  Why would we think that the reverse could not be true?

1. Jeff Berndt profile image72

"The tax reforms in 1986 that followed the reduction in rates under Reagan closed up some very large tax deductions.  Those seeking to shelter large portions of their income had more options prior to 1986."
                And those high-earners' incomes shifted to stock options &c; things that didn't get taxed at the earned income rate (the highest rate).

"The tax rate paid by the "middle class" tax payer was much lower than it is now."
                That's right, because they've had their taxes go up while their incomes have stagnated, while the top earners have had their incomes skyrocket and their tax rates drop.

"Places like Costa Rica and Ecuador are often mentioned in best foreign retirement destinations."
                So what? When people retire, they're done being earners, producers, movers, shakers. If someone wants to retire overseas, why shouldn't they? It's no drain on domestic productivity; retirees are by definition done being in the workforce. When high-income entrepreneurs in their prime start leaving, then maybe I'll reconsider the high-taxes=exodus-of-excellence nonsense. Until then, it remains nonsense.

2. uncorrectedvision profile image60

Marginal rates

http://www.truthandpolitics.org/top-rates.php

Total Receipts as percentage of GDP has been between 16% and 20% since 1940 regardless of top marginal rate

http://www.econdataus.com/recsrc05.html

There was once a cap on maximum taxes, deduction for sales tax, state income tax, etc...
                The alternative minimum tax is not indexed to inflation.
                Note the standard deduction table.

http://staff.jccc.net/swilson/businessm … es/fit.htm

Given the foolish complexity of tax policy one factor alone is insufficient to explain why the economy grew or did not grow during any given period.  However, it does seem obvious that the acceleration in legislation in recent decades has had a profound impact on the economy as the interference by the government in the economy has increased.

(this is too long to read - I included it as an illustration of how crazy our government has become in the last 40 years)
                http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/taxfacts … iption.pdf

Lots of reading; I'll have to take a look at this when I have more time. I appreciate the links!

2. Ron Montgomery profile image61
              Ron Montgomeryposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No it isn't, it's gospel truth.  They made a movie about it and everything...tongue

The "best and brightest" scientists and individuals with other advanced academic and professional degrees are immigrating to the U.S. from all over the world. They come here to study at our universities and staying. The same cannot be said for China, India or even Japan. People go there for temporary assignments and then leave.

You can assert what you wish but reality is usually far more complex than you would think.

http://www.kauffman.org/newsroom/foreig … tries.aspx

Interesting. James Fallows, after spending a year or two in China said in an Atlantic article pretty much the opposite; The US attracts a lot of highly educated immigrants and China practically none. The point in the article above is slightly different--that more students are returning to their home countries. Fallows cited the high percentage of immigrant members of the National Science Foundation or some similar organization.

3. Mister Veritis profile image60

If you were right California would not be failing. Nor would New Your City. People vote with their feet. I left California and came to Alabama. My taxes went way down!

Maybe. The truth is always more complicated.

Hence California. And New York City. And. . .

3. KFlippin profile image62
      KFlippinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I suspect you dearly hope so, otherwise you would not have posted the forum topic.  That said, Newt has never been the bullseye candidate of the Republican party needed to defeat a Democrat for POTUS today or next year . . .in my small Southern town opinion.

Maybe his hat toss in to the ring is a ploy, a distraction . . . even worse(or better) a goad of the first order, now that I would find hopeful..... smile  And what Republican said the Ryan plan was a litmus test?  I must watch the news again with regularity so I don't miss such critical posturings...or facts as the case may be.

I agree with you regarding the Ryan Plan Litmus Test.  I don't care much for the Ryan plan.  I think it is, like most things Republicans will put their names on, insufficiently aggressive or effective.  Our economy teeters on the brink of a monetary disaster that guarantees our national insolvency and the Republicans play with addressing it within the next 26 years as opposed to the Democrats addressing it, ostensibly, within the next 36 years.  Hooray, ten years sooner when the dollar is imperiled now.

I have come to the conclusion that we are done as a free people precisely because Republicans, even those who call themselves conservative, believe the same things that Democrats the difference being only a matter of degree.  They believe that a political elite possesses better judgement of all things than the aggregate judgement of the mass of individuals.

It is this confidence in a ruling elite that has been a hall mark of Democrat, including the little guys who vote Democrat, political "thought."  It has slowly become the dominant idea across all kinds of government offices.  The faith the Founders placed in individual judgment regarding individual affairs is long gone.

You have a tiny toilet reservoir and will be unable to purchase incandescent bulbs because the rulers, Republican and Democrat, have decided that your judgment, as a lowly subject, is insufficiently intelligent or enlightened. 

I doubt I will ever vote again in any election.  We are done as a free people.

4. uncorrectedvision profile image60

Your assertions regarding the consequences of Ryan's proposal are off target, however, as far as I am concerned, Newt was finished before he got started.  Newt is a media whore.  An historian and writer of some talent but his judgement about what political causes to publicly support is questionable.

His palling around with Hillary and Pelosi and his endorsement of Scozzafava put me off Newt perminently years ago.  Besides, the Presidency is now a race for the pretty otherwise Steve Forbes would have been a credible candidate when he ran back in the 90s.

Mitt Romney seems to me to be the most viable candidate if he can get past the Tea Party in the primaries.

1. qwark profile image61
          qwarkposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ralph:

He may or may not be a viable candidate.

Why would anyone with no political affiliation (NPA) vote for a Mormon?

Anyone who has studied mormonism, if they have half-a-brain, "knows" that something is amiss in the "believers" ability to understand the "real world!" The difference twixt reality and fiction!

Romney is a good businessman but his sense of reality is terribly warped!

But knowing the "scary" voting public, Romney is certrainly a possibility.

Qwark

Romney seems to me more presidential than the other potential GOP candidates. I doubt that his religion would play much of a role in his public policy decisions. If I were a Republican he would be my first choice. I would hate to see Michelle Bachman or Newt Gingrich get the nomination. I don't have strong opinions about the others, except that most of them seem to have become instant social conservatives kissing up to the Tea Party--e.g., Mitch Daniels who previously stayed away from hot button evangelical issues. Our governor in Michigan, Rick Snyder, would be preferable, in my opinion, to most of the GOP candidates including Romney.

1. qwark profile image61

G'mornin' Ralph:

I just made a fresh pot'a coffee...wish I could invite ya over for a cup or 2.. smile:

Your comment: "Romney seems to me more presidential than the other potential GOP candidates. I doubt that his religion would play much of a role in his public policy decisions." is questionable.

That's the way the "scary" American voter thinks. They don't do their homework. They vote filled with hope and emotion rather than with studied thought and introspection. But when ya come right down to it, they are not given great choices.

I'm not sure what'cha mean by "more presidential."

A great president named "Truman" was a haberdasher and they said, if ya met him, he was not a "presidential" guy.

I quit voting last year. I voted libertarian as a protest to the 2 candidates who were running.

Gingerich? ya gotta be kidding!

I was around when he left as speaker of the house for his alledged, sub-rosa criminal activities. He's just another crooked politician with a massive ego.

Qwark

Romney drags around behind him the most poisonous issue of the day.  Romney care as a prototype for Obamacare fairly dooms his chances of nomination.  Pawlenty has attempted to distance himself from his liberal mistakes as Minnesota governor a course that would serve Romney well. 

Besides having a Muslim for president certainly clears the way for a Mormon.

As for the TEA party, liberals and Republicans better get used to the idea that their influence will continue for several more election cycles.  The energy of the Reform Party waned precisely because they were a political party wedded to a single candidate - Ross Perot. 

The TEA party is a political movement and is made up of several, decentralized, dispersed groups - despite the often repeated misinformation campaign spread by Democrat and Republican elitists who resent and fear anything that is outside their control.

Ok, you don't like Romney. So,which horse are you betting on?

It doesn't matter who gets elected next.  Democrats will keep pushing the disastrous practices that have taken us to this point and Republicans will help.  We long ago abandoned the ideas that started and sustained the Republic through it first 150 years.  I do not tell my sons this, but we are finished as a free people.  Democrats would speed that process,  Republicans would retard it but neither would reverse it.

5. tony0724 profile image60
      tony0724posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wishful thinking Ralph. I suppose you got that perspective from the National Enquirer of journalism the NY Times. No one believes in mainstream media anymore. Journolist showed their lack of integrity. And Newt is a retread no one is interested in anyway. Trump stood a better chance.

6. qwark profile image61

He's egotistical, arrogant and a "crook."

I hope not!

Qwark

Egotistical and arrogant - sounds like Barry.  The "crook" part is funny.  Thanks for the laugh.

1. qwark profile image61

Uncorrectedvision:

Maybe you are too young to remember this:

http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive … 00791.html

The man is a crook!

Qwark

Not too young - too unconcerned about book deals and politicians.  Examining the actions of politicians results in little valuable information after all Kennedy didn't really write Profiles in Courage but was praised as intellectually gifted.  If you asked around the right places he may have been praised as gifted by the DC call girls union.

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/rea … in-courage

Scandal surrounding Gingrich's authoring of a book, how much he was paid for it, etc...yawn.  At least he was writing before and after his time in Congress unlike James Wright.  Scandal is nothing new and a more aggressive press would find plenty in Barry's administration also if they weren't so vested in his success.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fe … ted_States

1. qwark profile image61

You are quite right!
              I have never yet in my almost 70 yrs met an honest politician.
              Gingrich reached a level of power and respect that few in life do.
              Ya'd kinda expect that he'd earn that power and respect by being the American he should have been.

He, Gingrich, is a "crook" who is as devious and power hungry as was ..."I'm not a crook!" Nixon

Qwark

Wow, comparing Gingrich to Nixon is a stretch.  The only one who compares to Nixon in recent history is Clinton.  Gingrich didn't use the Justice Department and FBI to run interference for him.  Nixon's crimes were indirect - obstruction of justice and the like that too is unlike Clinton or, in your perception, Gingrich - who were directly responsible for their illegalities.  Nixon was guilty of the coverup, not the initial crime.

Nixon's biggest crime was being a Republican and not a Kennedy.  The Democrats were on their knees every night thanking God for Nixon.  His scandal allowed them and the press to continue ignoring the Abe Fortas scandal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abe_Fortas#Resignation

1. qwark profile image61

ooooeeeee!   lol  thanks!  smile:
                  You just made my day!
                  "...having a Muslim for president..." tells me exactly what to judge you as. roll
                  End of chat!  lol
                  Whew!!!!

Qwark

Sarcasm reveals the reader rather well.  Too easy to dismiss others?  I think the Muslim thing is funny, especially when an Obamaphile reads it.

2. lovemychris profile image76

No kidding. Talk about Russhhhhh-like. Beckian logic. Fox Brains.

Only crime Nixon committed was being Republican.......riiiiight.

And I did not have sex with that woman either wink

Unless you are taking the attitude that all pres's are crooks, Nixon just got caught.

But then we have Bush, who got caught and nothing happened...so there goes that theory right out the door.

In fact, No president can get caught now....since Bushco was let off the hook. We let him go...what can be worse or more criminal?

This is now the "new normal".
                    Presidents can do whatever the H they like.....courtesy of the George W Bush administration.

2. Ralph Deeds profile image66

His biggest crime was wearing black knee length socks and garters with Bermuda shorts when walking on the beach.

2. Ralph Deeds profile image66

"He's egotistical, arrogant and a "crook."" Add hypocrite and we are in agreement.

1. qwark profile image61

Ralph:
          "hypocrite!" Yes!
          Total agreement!  smile:
          Qwark

7. Daniel Carter profile image62
      Daniel Carterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

One could only hope. Either that, or hope it's a disease that's contagious to others of his ilk, that is also generally terminal in nature. Trump and a few others come to mind, easily.

2. profile image56
    C.J. Wrightposted 12 years ago

Gingrich is political poison for the GOP. They have enough messes to clean up, no need dragging garbage back from the curb.

3. Jeff Berndt profile image72
    Jeff Berndtposted 12 years ago

His comment was refreshingly honest, and no doubt it was political poison to the noisy radical right. He probably won't get the GOP's nomination.

But who will? The field is looking mighty slim.....

4. Kathleen Cochran profile image78
    Kathleen Cochranposted 12 years ago

As someone from Newt's hometown, I can tell you he has his eye on a vice presidency as his ultimate retirement plan.

Pro or con, Obama got health care reform passed, has us retreating from Iraq and Afghanistan after a decade - a decade - of war, and got Bin Laden.  What's a guy got to do to get re-elected in this country?

Who knows?

Rig the voting machines.
      Have your brother as Gv of state.
      Have friends on the SC of state.

We now have tea-partyers on the USSC.....how does anyone stand a chance? We don't. Unless you're made of money.

They never met a corporation they didn't like.

3. Ralph Deeds profile image66

He'll get re-elected no matter which pygmy the GOP picks to run against him.

4. Mister Veritis profile image60

"It is the economy, stupid!"

So, how is borrowing money so Rush can have more going to help the economy?

Helps HIM....not the economy.

Big Phonies!

Lovemychris, I have observed your posts for several weeks now and find you wanting. I can see no value whatever in responding to your posts. This will be my last response to you.

Dude, seriously, you can't see the sheer entertainment value?

LOL. It is enough to watch her flail about, slobbering, frothing and hating. I see no reason to wallow with her. But it is interesting to watch.

It is so fun to poke her while she gnaws at her trapped leg.  It must be the sadist in me.

I recognize it from the 8 years of Bushco.
                  Sadistic...yes, very much so.

Here let me help.  I feel so sorry for you.  You are so right to wallow in self pity and bitterness.  Your life and its direction are all George Bush's fault.  If it wasn't for all the stupid white men who run to Republicans when ever a person of color looks cross eyed at them America would be a workers paradise of communist plenty.

Does that make you feel better?  Oh, I forgot, it is all a conspiracy to keep LMC from being truly happy.  That day will only come when all the rich are dead, cooked, in jars on the grocer's shelf.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCFibtD3H_k

Takes one to know one...or do you imagine you abide in lightness and love?

ahahahaha---not by half.

Hey! I only have 90 posts. You have a thousand. Give me some time.

Pace your self it is kind of pointless and a waste of time.

This is so much fun I stopped playing World of Warcraft.

fingers in ears....LALALALALALA

did you say something?

errr--I notice you didn't answer the question. Par for the Course. Hole in One. Game, set and Match.

got anything to say? Nope. Just smears and insults.
            lalalalalala

5. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

why would one name their child Newt?
    http://www.shortcourses.com/naturelog/newt02.jpg

http://fineartamerica.com/images-simple-print/images-medium/sir-isaac-newton-granger.jpg

http://www.stockphotopro.com/photo-thumbs-2/stockphotopro_4024135EXJ_no_title.jpg

1. Greek One profile image64
        Greek Oneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

In the instances you raise, both are last names.

And the first shall be last.  Many first names have been last names.  Not defending the choice just pointing out the other names.  Maybe they should have named him fig.

6. hottopics profile image60
    hottopicsposted 12 years ago

Newt was done a long time ago. He never should have run. He should have stayed an an alist. Now they will drag up all his bad points and that will make Repubs look bad

Gingrich is an untrustworthy character.

1. Doug Hughes profile image61
        Doug Hughesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ralph, the interesting thing about Newt's implosion is how it's the unspoken position of all the GOP candidates. None of the announced GOP candidates has endorsed the Ryan plan. After Newt's meltdown, none will dare reject the Ryan plan while they still can't endorse it. (Read the polls.)

The GOP has painted themselves into a corner.

1. KFlippin profile image62
          KFlippinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You've quite done a jam up job of encapsulating the liberal left's hopes and dreams in regard to any conservative candidates for POTUS, and of course establishing, or rather providing enlightenment of, the angle of the lamestream media's coverage of the politics of the moment. Kudos to libs, I suppose, but as well it might be risky to be so up front about the plan of attack on conservatives. Just my thoughts...those painted corners can be toxic. smile

Not as tight a corner as you might believe.  Not that it makes a difference we are finished as a free people.  Not that you will notice.  As a government employee you will be the last ones to go hungry in the great worker's paradise that awaits the rest of us.

http://hotlineoncall.nationaljournal.co … eniors.php

7. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 12 years ago

WRONG!

I believe the Rolling Stone and Robert Kennedy Jr. on that one.

Far as I know--Gore never threw his religion or lack of it back on anyone.
    Unlike every single gd thuglican...

Who have the GALL to TELL President Obama what he is and is not!

EGO's the size of India.

1. Druid Dude profile image61
      Druid Dudeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

WHO? Gingrich? With a name like NEWT, and a last name that vaguely sounds like GRINCH I'm surprised he got as far as he did. Has he won an election lately? I thought they banished him from OZ long ago.

All of them.
        All of them with their superiority complex.

Can't try a new way, can't respect and election,can't give an inch.

Because they think they OWN America. EGO.

8. Moderndayslave profile image60
    Moderndayslaveposted 12 years ago

His career was done for a long time ago and when I make a mistake I hope it goes away and stays away. What happened?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)