Jesus The way to God- How to do the works of Jesus-How to honor God

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (17 posts)
  1. heavenbound5511 profile image65
    heavenbound5511posted 12 years ago

How to is much easier than - that is and isn't true! If you want your life to change for the better and actually see how God does honor his word as we believe and walk it out.There is help for those that acknowledge and choose to believe without evidence that Jesus died and rose from the dead 3 days later for everyone's sins, to open a doorway for us to seek and glorify God in Christ.   
    No one is claiming perfection here - Jesus is the one that has committed no sins, not us.
    Striving and pressing toward God's will in the spirit of Jesus Christ letting them all know that God is calling them to remember the cross that Jesus died on to save them & forgive them- He's the one that will pick us back up when we are lost, broken ,fading, rejected, sick  and in a world without love- How could thy possibly know real love when they have not honored His invitation to be forgiven, rescued, cleansed and made in right standing with God because of Jesus. A life that honors God will lead many to eternal salvation- Anything less would be left up to those who really never knew Jesus.

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? 37Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

38Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.--Mark 8:36-38

Yeshua(Jesus) answered, "Go and tell Yochanan(John) what you are hearing and seeing --  the blind are seeing again, the lame are walking, people with tzara'at are being cleansed, the deaf are hearing, the dead are being raised,y the Good News is being told to the poorz --  and how blessed is anyone not offended by me!"Matt 11:4-6

1. Sesshoumaru2st profile image61
      Sesshoumaru2stposted 12 years agoin reply to this

people love to think they have to claim a huge mountain.The fact is majority are at the bottom imagining they are on the top.I personally don't waste my time walking around preaching the good news.If god wants the news preached, he can tell me,then i would do it.Other than that i just keep the faith . Jesus stressed faith  and that is what saves many.

heavenbound5511posted 12 years agoin reply to this

But how can they call on him to save them unless they believe in him? And how can they believe in him if they have never heard about him? And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them? Rom 10:14

Hi Sesshoumaru2st!
        Thanks for stopping by this forum and making a comment.
        We have been ask to spread the gospel to a dying world.
        Out of all the people we know, see, work with and come across everyday- there is someone needing to meet Jesus and people are dying everyday.
        I have led some people to Jesus that died shortly after and some of them there lives were saved from death destruction and they find new life in God.
        We are his harvest hands and we are called God's intercessors in prayer. I have prayed that God gives me a heart for the people and that he breaks my heart with the things that breaks his heart. So I will be sensitive to the needs of the people and to led them to the only love that will save there life.
        In Ezekiel 3 it tells us to warn people even if they are rebellious and those that will listen God pulls them out of destruction and there blood isn't on our hands.
        We do have a job- many are called but few are chosen - Because few will answer God's call and believe Him and do it.
        Faith is active and causes change- because it takes our faith in God to stand strong and walk in His spirit to call those out of darkness into the light of Jesus.
        Every one therefore who shall confess me(Jesus) before men, him will I also confess before my Father who is in heaven.> Matt 10:32
        For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.> Rom 1:16
        We can talk more about this if you want to, just let me know.
        God bless you!

1. Sesshoumaru2st profile image61
          Sesshoumaru2stposted 12 years agoin reply to this

All those guys you mentioned did they just one day took it upon themselves to go preach god's word?Listen,all the prophets and followers of god got the word directly from god,or an angel.Nothing is done without god willing it and letting it be known to his servants.I have no interest running out there,when there are powerful evil spirits at work,shouting god's name when he didn't let me know he was gonna back me up if i go over there.not one prophet,or servant of god took action without god first giving them the word to go forth into the wolves den. remember you're a sheep and wolves eat sheep for breakfast,so a wondering sheep without his Shepard(jesus) will get eaten.

1. earnestshub profile image81
            earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That which eats religionists is trying to pass of fantasy as reality then getting called on it by others who often know more about their religion than they do. smile

Isaiah 19:13
              The princes of Zoan are become fools , the princes of Noph are deceived ; they have also seduced Egypt, even they that are the stay of the tribes thereof.

Isaiah 44:20--He feedeth on ashes: a deceived heart hath turned him aside , that he cannot deliver his soul, nor say , Is there not a lie in my right hand?

John 7:47 --Then answered them the Pharisees, Are ye also deceived ?

Yes I know, an omnipotent god who nonetheless has to resort to calling his creation fools. Pathetic isn't it? lol

You must not of read it all.
                  The will of God isn't for us to be or remain lacking understanding and wisdom in Him.
                  You know my answer choose to accept Jesus. Seek God for wisdom and He will give it to you. Lean not on your own understanding.
                  You do know God doesn't hate you man he just wants the best for you and he has even called you into relationship with Him- when this happens the impossible will happen in your life. 
                  God bless you earnestshub!

You "overlooked" what I said, and did not address the elephant in the room. Omnipotence does not combine well with neurotic abuse or psychotic threats, both of which are in your quoted scripture.

I had my time with religion, impossible ridiculous answers finally drove me to improve my education.
                    Do you know what it means to be omnispotent? smile

2. heavenbound5511 profile image65

Hi Sesshoumaru2st.
            Yes I am aware God has to send us. All that have received Jesus as their Lord have to seek God for our call. Also we are to tell those around us about Jesus, some over time of sowing seed, Others are strangers that we will never get to know. We do  all at the prompting of the Holy Spirit.

We our to stir ourselves up in the Holy Spirit by praying in tongues, by being in the word.
            The point is that all that have received Jesus have been led by the Holy Spirit to ask if they have accepted Jesus as their Lord, or to tell the testimonies of what Jesus has done for us. (John17)
            And when God brought it to are attention that they need Jesus we walked away instead of doing what God put in our heart to do- maybe because we were busy,  not wanting to draw attention to ourselves, not wanting to pray in public for the person when they tell you something horrible/sad, not being sensitive to God's lead. Anyways I'm sure I'm not the only one that at times didn't want to do what God put in my heart because of selfishness, pride & etc. If God tells us to speak to someone do it- it our job to listen and God's job to confirm with those people what he had us say, and or to lead them to Jesus.
            Yes I know there are wolves out there all different types, some in our face, some behind the scenes doing curses. We our to be wise as serpents and innocent as doves and keep ourself unspotted/(not confornmed/untainted) from the world.
            So we must stay prayed up, fasting, obedient, in tune with God in order to do this and live. I truly do know of the warfare that comes but  I have been given the strength by God to do so, and God warns me when I need to back down, prepare, go right, left, and such. And if for some reason I won't listen he has sent someone to confirm that I have to step it up or be taken out.
            I know that God is raising up people faster than ever- the quickening that He promised has begun. So there are many called to spread the gospel of Jesus but didn't/haven't answered there call. That's why the bible tells us the fields are ripe for harvest but the harvesters are few.
            We are to pray for the harvest and know how to be part of the harvest hands. This can't be done in our own power / strength at all- there are way to much warfare for us to even be able to stand.
            The voice of a stranger I do not listen to- I know the voice of God.
            I am not a new believer either 14 years now- and yes I was knocked down a lot but God picked me up and made me stronger through what satan meant as my harm- God turned it into training. I have learned how he tries to attack me and now I will never be let  satan in to try to destroy me again.
            When I had stopped telling people of Jesus before for years- my feet started hurting bad & I keep hearing beautiful are the feet of those that preach the Gospel. When I started again listening to God by doing right and talking to those I am supposed to about Jesus my feet stopped hurting.
            Also I never was any good at speaking to people I didn't know in person. I would have strong fear and even start shaking but when I learned of Jesus after I accepted Him & was filled with the Holy Spirit I had/have no problems at all speaking in person to anyone. And it worked because God led and guided me. God knows my heart and knows I love the people because of Him and I am willing and have made myself available. I also will ask God to lead and guide me to whoever he wants me to talk to when doing street ministry. So far I only remember a handful of people that refused Jesus when I prayed/pray for God to led me- but I know that I was either planting or watering or it was there last chance before death.
            This faith I also have while on hubpages and this to is covered in prayer and when I feel the Holy Spirit stirring in me and God's word just rises & rises in me I write it down.
            I'll stop now before I go on forever- talk later! smile

2. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

The life you live is yours to do with as you so choose and you answer to no other. This simply means you are to maintain only a few rules for your life and those are as followed:

You are to be self-responsible. This is in reference to your thoughts and actions.
    You are to be honest with yourself and others. This means that you are not deceitful, dishonesty with both yourself or others. You can not escape your life or your own conscience. Do not think you can.
    You are always to preserve Life, yours and others. You are to value ALL Life above all else.

This is the true meaning of life. There is no other agenda for your life other how I have explained.

No knowledge with regards to a god is required, as long as you follow the above. To say otherwise is pure and blatant ignorance.

Isaiah 29:14--Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish , and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid .

1 Cor 1: 20--Where [is the] wise? where scribe? where disputer of this world? has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?

21For since, in the wisdom of God, the world by wisdom has not known God, God has been pleased by the foolishness of the preaching to save those that believe.

22Since Jews indeed ask for signs, and Greeks seek wisdom;

23but *we* preach Christ crucified, to Jews an offence, and to nations foolishness;

24but to those that [are] called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ God's power and God's wisdom.

25Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

26For consider your calling, brethren, that [there are] not many wise according to flesh, not many powerful, not many high-born.

27But God has chosen the foolish things of the world, that he may put to shame the wise; and God has chosen the weak things of the world, that he may put to shame the strong things;

28and the ignoble things of the world, and the despised, has God chosen, [and] things that are not, that he may annul the things that are;

29so that no flesh should boast before God.

30But of him are *ye* in Christ Jesus, who has been made to us wisdom from God, and righteousness, and holiness, and redemption;

31that according as it is written, He that boasts, let him boast in [the] Lord.

Matthew 7:24-Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

Acts 13:41-Behold , ye despisers, and wonder , and perish : for I work a work in your days, a work which ye shall in no wise believe , though a man declare it unto you.

1. Bill Yovino profile image86
        Bill Yovinoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Dude, You seriously need to get a life. You can quote anything you want, but just be aware that it's all complete fiction.  Instead of wasting your life studying some unknown person's tall stories, go out and help people or do something constructive. Worshiping made-up gods and quoting gibberish is no way to go through life.

2. Cagsil profile image69
        Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Junk. Absolutely not required.

3. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

Once again you skirt around the issue.
    being Omnipotent is a lot more than a gods "character"

I have been in your state of mind by the way, so when you proclaim your indoctrinated view, I know exactly how you feel. There is a life beyond religion where I am responsible for my own life. I hope you reach the same position before you waste your life entrenched in fantasy and delusion. smile

4. pedrog profile image61
    pedrogposted 12 years ago

There are no gods, jesus is just a fantasy character, wake up please!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)