I wrote a hub about a bank..put in on all the search engines and yet .

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (38 posts)
  1. Brie Hoffman profile image61
    Brie Hoffmanposted 12 years ago

it is no where to be found????

I've never had this happen before.  Makes me wonder if they are censoring it.  Anyone else ever have this problem?  The title of the hub is:  Is Bank of America a Good Bank?

Would someone mind trying to put it into google and see if they can find it.

Thanks

1. WriteAngled profile image73
      WriteAngledposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I put in the term as a phrase in " " There were approx. 8,600 results for the phrase. Your hub is on page 2 of the results, second from the bottom.

Nb I am in the UK and used Google.co.uk

Brie Hoffmanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks...I'll look again.

2. Brie Hoffman profile image61

Ok, I just tried again and didn't see it..Did you use google?  And you just put the exact phrase "Is Bank of America a Good Bank" ?

3. Brie Hoffman profile image61

I even put it in with the exact phrase under advanced search and it wasn't there.  It was in godlike productions but not under hubpages.

4. Brie Hoffman profile image61

Very interesting that you are in the UK and able to get it but I can't here.  Hmmm.

2. leroy64 profile image64
      leroy64posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I found a Yahoo Answers article with the same title on the first page of Google.  I live in Texas.   It also appears that there is a massive amount of  complaints about customer service judging from the titles.

Yeah I know but no where is the article that I wrote.  It's weird because all my other articles posted pretty fast ...all except this one.

3. jimmythejock profile image83
      jimmythejockposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi Brie, I tried last night and couldnt find your hub either on searching today though i found your hub at number 9 on the first page of google well done.....jimmy

2. Will Apse profile image88
    Will Apseposted 12 years ago

There is a copy of your article here: hxxp:www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message1618775/pg1

It was posted by someone calling themselves Brie217. Did you post it or someone else?

edit: I just noticed it links back to your hubpage.

This kind of duplicate content is going to get you hit by Google.

It will also get you hit by Hubpages if you are the poster.

Why would it hurt anything since it is a direct link back to my article?..yes I posted it

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It doesn't appear that the hub is indexed yet.  I can't find it when searching for the URL.

If you have posted a copy of the hub anywhere else then both are duplicates of each other.  You may own both, but it is still duplicated and eventually HP will unpublish the one here when they find it.  Google may well penalize you as well.

1. bgamall profile image68
          bgamallposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Just publish a paragraph and refer to your link Brie.

where?

1. bgamall profile image68
              bgamallposted 12 years agoin reply to this

On the forums you post your content to.

I also put it in Bing and Yahoo as well as Google..and yet nothing..it's not there.

4. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 12 years ago

If you post the article two places it will get flagged as duplicate. HubPages only wants unique content, that means it can't be anywhere else even if you wrote it.

I didn't post it..I just put a link back to the article...is that the same thing?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
        Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I thought the whole text was posted there. A link is fine if that is all it is.

I might have put a summary..can't remember smile

I just pinged the article so maybe that will do it.  I just find the whole thing weird because usually I can google an article ..maybe a few hours after writing it and it's there..but not this one.

What if you ping it?

On the articles page it has places to "share" the article in reddit, in digg in stumble, ...what's the difference?

5. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

When you submit a url to a search engine it is not instantaneously indexed.  Maybe the bots have been busy and haven't got to it yet.

maybe but it's been about a day...I'll check again later.

I hate to throw a we towel in here, but I've had hubs that took 6 weeks to index.  Very unusual, but it can happen.

I'm glad you commented..maybe that's it but still its odd when compared to all my other articles.  I've done nothing different with this one and yet it's invisible.

6. Cheeky Girl profile image66
    Cheeky Girlposted 12 years ago

Congrats, Brie. Your hub is duplicated on another website word for word by you! Er, don't know if you have Google Adsense, but if you do, they ain't going to be happy.

Every minute it stays there just increases your chances of being notified by the big G. On the other hand, the site does have a Google Pagerank of 5, so that is pretty good. Personally I would not have put a copy of a hub on another site as it will get flagged eventually. You may be informed around the same time the hub appears in search results... oh well...not sure advertising it here was a good idea...unless you know something I don't. *winks*

But I enjoyed reading it, Brie!

Where?

I checked godlike productions and I guess I did put quite a bit of the article on there..so I took all but a few sentences out.  Maybe that will help?

If it's more than maybe 10% of your hub I'd taken even more.  I don't know where the line is that makes a hub unacceptable to HP, but it isn't really very high.  Even a bunch of quotes can trip it - I've seen people quoting the bible too much and having problems as a result.

I'd be leery of more than a sentence or two, Brie.  That's all it takes for a good backlink and anything else should be written fresh just to be safe.

7. Brie Hoffman profile image61

Well it made some money in Google Adsense so I guess it's out there somewhere.

8. Brie Hoffman profile image61

It's still not indexed...weird.

1. livewithrichard profile image73
      livewithrichardposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's showing up for me in quotes at #2 on Google

Thanks I'll check again..is it showing up as from hubpages?

1. jimmythejock profile image83
          jimmythejockposted 12 years agoin reply to this

YES IT IS BRIE.....JIMMY

I see, finally!

9. Brie Hoffman profile image61

YES!!!! Finally it's listed...that was the longest time I've ever had to wait to get listed.  Thanks for all your help!

10. Brie Hoffman profile image61

I was especially concerned as today there is a lot of news about B of A and I wanted to get it in google...again thanks for all your help!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)