Buffalo Bills & Detroit Lions are 3-0! What???....Wacky NFL season.

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (16 posts)
  1. Michael Willis profile image67
    Michael Willisposted 12 years ago

No Peyton Manning. Cam Newton, until today's game anyways, looked like Tom Brady, who...looked Not like Tom Brady today-4 interceptions in one game. A number he had ALL of last season.

The Buffalo Bills pulled the rabbit out of a hat today to come from a 21-0 deficit and beat the New England Patriots 34-31. The Detroit Lions came from a 20-0 deficit to beat the Minnesota Vikings in overtime.

Buffalo vs Detroit in SuperBowl XLVI.........um, I don't buy that!!! Only in Bills and Lions fans, maybe.

This is turning out to be a wild and wacky NFL football season. Teams are winning who are not expected to win and teams are losing who are not suppose to lose.

1. JEDiamondM profile image61
      JEDiamondMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I dont know about the summary but it has indeed been a wacky season. But for the Lions they were expected to be an 8 and 8 or  9 and 7 team this year. I dont believe anyone has them predicted for the Super Bowl though but potential playoff via wildcard maybe.
      Another example would be the Vikings. They werent expected to be all that and they really arent all that. They look terrible. Hopefull they will kill the Donovan McNabb experiment soon.
      But the Bills? Yeah I agree... Where di this come from and Cam Newon??? Wasnt he supposed to be the next Vick, Vince, Young, scramble to victory QB that never lives to the hype in the NFL? I will give hime credit... He has been looking good.

2. MelissaBarrett profile image59
      MelissaBarrettposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Don't get me started on Bills/Pats game.  I was inventing new cuss words after the second interception... by the fourth I had ripped the arms off the couch.

I don't know why the Pats didn't just hand the Bills the ball and walk off the damn field.

3. JPayton profile image61
      JPaytonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The Bills are not that big of a surprise they have a pretty darn good team - all though the could easily be 1-2 with the close calls against the Raiders and the Patriots - Detroit on the other hand - that is shocking.

2. optimus grimlock profile image60
    optimus grimlockposted 12 years ago

if you've paid attention to both teams the past 3 years this is no surprise to you. Fitzpatrick has gotten much better and he knows his system like the back of his hand. The Lions have been adding key guyd on both sides of the ball and filling voids!

1. I am DB Cooper profile image63
      I am DB Cooperposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think they finally got a head coach and front office that "gets it". For the past decade the Bills have been a team that has tried to compete for the playoffs and rebuild at the same time. They'd give head coaches a season or two and then fire them for not getting results. Now they seem to understand that you have to actually commit to rebuilding, and that usually means a humbling season or two where they only win a handful of games. The Bills were close to being a good team last season, despite the overall record. They lost more close games than any team in the NFL (including 3 OT losses), and with a little luck they could have easily had 9 wins. Most of that team carried over to this season intact, and they are really gelling now, especially on offense. The defense is still young and has had some injuries.

The key to the Lions success is getting rid of Matt Millen as GM. Apparently you can build a good team around top draft picks, but not when you pick a wide receiver or quarterback every year. In fact, 1st round wide receivers often underperform because they lack the work ethic necessary in the NFL. They were used to blowing by defenses in college, and they think their natural ability will make them NFL superstars. It won't. 7th round guys like Stevie Johnson of the Bills work harder because they know they have to prove something to the coaches just to make the roster. When the Lions drafted Suh in 2010 I predicted they would make the playoffs within a couple years. Suh is going to be the cornerstone of that defense for a long time, and opponents are terrified of him.

3. optimus grimlock profile image60
    optimus grimlockposted 12 years ago

speaking of voids what happend to the jets D lol

4. tobey100 profile image60
    tobey100posted 12 years ago

Ain't it the truth?  Who'd of thought the Lions would be 3 - 0 and the Colts 0 - 3?  Looks like it's gonna be a very interesting season.

5. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 12 years ago

I'm so used to the Lions being terrible that it's hard to believe they've won three games.  Good for them.  I'm pleasantly surprised by the Raiders and 49ers.  The Raiders are pretty fun to watch and the 49ers are really limiting the mistakes with just one int on the year.

Hope to make it home on time to watch MNF...

6. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 12 years ago

Something like this happens every year.  It's still very early and you can't predict what will happen with injuries, or how these teams will deal with the pressure of their early success. That said, I think they've both put together solid teams.  They both play in tough divisions, so the odds of both teams making the playoffs are slim.

The KC chiefs were 3-0 at this point last season.

1. I am DB Cooper profile image63
      I am DB Cooperposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The Chiefs also had an insanely easy schedule last year and that was the only reason they made the playoffs. They beat a winless Bills team 13-10 in overtime in KC, which should have been a sign that they were much worse than their record indicated. Another sign was when they got blown out the first week of the playoffs.

7. thelyricwriter profile image82
    thelyricwriterposted 12 years ago

I still thank Buffalo is in show me mode. We will see on Sunday if they are able to dispose of the Bengals, which they should do although the Bengal defense is 3rd in the NFL right now. I believe the Lions are the better team between the two. The Lions are solid on both sides of the ball. I admit the win last week was great for the Bills but does it lead to a meltdown?

8. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years ago

...i think so too....

9. Bigpayno profile image58
    Bigpaynoposted 12 years ago

I'm not buying Bills and Lions in the Super Bowl either.  I'm not buying the Bills in the playoffs actually.  They will finish 9-7 and play spoiler to some teams, but I do think the Lions are for real if Johnson and Stafford stay healthy.  People say they can't run the ball effectively, but they are 13th in the league in time of possession, which means they are keeping the other team off the field.  They proved they can score quickly so if they can put a game together and play 60 solid minutes, I think they can play with anyone.  I think Buffalo is still a little spotty in areas.

Brady threw four picks cause he tried to throw the ball down the field.  You notice he's efficient when Belichick has him throwing 8 to 10 yard slants, outs, and hitches.  He's an average QB in a great system.

10. Manny2437 profile image68
    Manny2437posted 12 years ago

An average quarterback will never throw 50 touchdowns in any system. Just saying

11. thelyricwriter profile image82
    thelyricwriterposted 12 years ago

I called that Bengal/Bills game boys. Wonder if the Bills rebound next week?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)