Human Barbie Gives Liposuction Gift To Daughter

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (15 posts)
  1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 12 years ago

Human Barbie Liposuction
    By: Pat Prescott
    01/04/2012 09:57 AM ET

Human Barbie Liposuction  The now 51-year-old Sarah Burge from England has spent over $1 million during the span of her life on plastic surgery and liposuction, trying to look like a real life human Barbie doll.

Now she is trying to get her seven year old daughter to follow in her footsteps. MailOnline.com reports that as a Christmas gift to Poppy, momma Burge gave her a voucher for liposuction worth over $10,000

http://www.newsoxy.com/entertainment/hu … 47454.html

ok who thinks this woman needs some therapy? The article goes on to say that she bought her daughter a pole to learn pole dancing as well... yikes

2. Cassie Smith profile image61
    Cassie Smithposted 12 years ago

I didn't think a 7-year-old was allowed liposuction.  And yes, the mother needs therapy.

3. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years ago

..that's just bad and another form of child abuse...disguised

4. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

A 7 year isn't allowed liposuction. This is a case where professional standards are all that will protect the kid.  In cosmetic surgery those standards are no high across the board, but serious non-corrective surgery on a pre-teen is still an absolute taboo.

1. Moon Daisy profile image79
      Moon Daisyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I came across this horrible story yesterday, here is the original article.  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic … stmas.html

I'm assuming that the voucher is for when she's older, (or at least I hope so!) as the little girl is currently as thin as a pole. 

Even so, how terrible for the poor girl's self-esteem that her mum would spend all this money for her to be able to change herself.  If my mum thought I had to change myself to that kind of extent I would have no confidence in myself at all.

1. profile image50
        Jesus isnt happyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Daily mail?

That explains it. I wouldnt take any notice of an English tabloid.

Lol. It's not legal for a 7 year old to get lyposuction in the UK.

1. Lisa HW profile image62
          Lisa HWposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Maybe the mother's not the bimbo she makes herself out to be.  Maybe instead she's out to get money and/or publicity - and secretly plans to get her child's college education out of any money she gets.  The other famous Barbie-wannabe has gotten a lot of attention out of it.

1. Moon Daisy profile image79

Hmm, cunning!

2. Moon Daisy profile image79

Sadly lots of people do take notice of the DM, and form all of their opinions from  it. sad And to them this is worthy of a story.  Most other papers would have stayed clear.

2. capricornrising profile image60
        capricornrisingposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The surgery failed. Waste of a million bucks.

5. Moms-Secret profile image76
    Moms-Secretposted 12 years ago

It's just an example of how low self esteem breeds low self esteem...
    The little girl is only wanting for what she has been shown is normal.  The mother successfully implanted her issues into her child.  It happens to so many everyday.

6. profile image0
    LillyGposted 12 years ago

I say she needs therapy in the worst way. Why would a 7-year old need liposuction? Or a pole? This is just another reason showing why some people should not procreate. To pass her insecurities on to her daughter is not only wrong but its disgusting. It makes me appreciate my mother more, despite the fact we are bigger women. At least she instilled self worth and knowing how to be happy in me.

1. Dawn Conklin profile image69
      Dawn Conklinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am so with you on this LillyG! My Mom and really my whole family always taught me to be happy with who I am.  Only surgeries my Mom had were medically necessary (cancer and appendicitis.)  Definitely makes us appreciate our Moms that much more!

7. Dawn Conklin profile image69
    Dawn Conklinposted 12 years ago

The sad part is, her poor daughter will probably never really be happy with herself now.  I am sure she will be devastated and ashamed of herself until she gets this done now that Mom has done this to her.  Maybe the little girl can get therapy as well since she won't be happy with who she is at least until she gets done what Mommy taught her should be done.  This is just sick in my opinion.  My Mom never made me feel as tho my body wasn't good enough.  My body is not perfect but it is mine and I was taught to love it the way it is!

8. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 12 years ago

I don't think therapy would help that particular "piece-of-work" mother. 

(On a side note, if the mother wants to look like a real-life Barbie doll, which I don't happen to see happening in the near future anyway, she may want to forget about work for her daughter and do something about that bad case of black roots she has.  Barbie's don't have dark roots.) (That kind of bimbo-imbecile-mother just brings out the "mean" in me, I guess.  roll)   (No roots in the second link, however.  In that one the mother just looks like a man in drag.)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)