What are you grateful to God for?

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (34 posts)
  1. Lady_E profile image63
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

What are you grateful to God for?  Does He make a difference to your life?

1. profile image0
      MangoGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm grateful to God that you have friends that deserve such poems. smile

1. profile image49
        badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are so full of crap !

2. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Loving me no matter what.  Even when someone says He doesn't. Grateful for a life, to experience it I suppose it is better than nothing at all.

Grateful that I can get up everyday and have hopes for better days.  Grateful that being a "f" up isn't the end of the world for me because I know He understands me.

Grateful that there is someone out there that I can speak without feeling like I have to hide something because well... He already knows so I can just cut the crap and tell Him.

I am grateful to God for a lot of things especially my kid but mostly I am just happy and grateful that God loves me and no one can change it.

I don't have to feel abandoned, forgotten, rejected or like a waste of skin.  I aint any better than anyone else but it does make me happy to know that someone did and does love me before the foundations of the world were even created.

It means something to me, it means I was meant to be, I was not a mistake.  I make mistakes but I was not a mistake.  My mom had me by mistake but I was not a mistake. LOL.

Jesus doesn't love me by mistake. big_smile

1. profile image0
        fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nice one, Sandra.

2. Eng.M profile image65
        Eng.Mposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I had my daughter by mistake lol

3. andromida profile image55
      andromidaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am grateful because I am still alive ,keep this vulnerable life
      alive is a miracle,such a complicated biological system.Moreover,
      I am grateful because I have many friends who really love me and
      definitely for having hub page community right here.

4. Eng.M profile image65
      Eng.Mposted 14 years agoin reply to this

that I am a human

5. accofranco profile image79
      accofrancoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

For giving a loving family and for giving me life up till now, despite my illness that is dragging me down. Thanks for starting this topic. God thank you for giving me life again today.

6. aimer la vie profile image60
      aimer la vieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am thankful for each and every day as tomorrow is not promised. I am thankful to love and be loved along with all the pleasures of life. And even in the moments of despair I am always thankful for the strength he gives me to move forward.

7. mohitmisra profile image59
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

For having me be with him, giving me a glimpse of his unlimited bliss ,his omnipresence, his omnipotence and his omniscience smile

1. mohitmisra profile image59
        mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"You constantly look after me,
        That is why now I am drinking this tea."

For looking after me smile

8. IntimatEvolution profile image68
      IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

For everything!

2. profile image0
    shreekrishnaposted 14 years ago

i am gratefull to god that ,
    god gaves me such a mind , nature , my life & other living beings
    to whome i can love tongue
    to whom i can hatred mad & feel jealous hmm ,
    to whom i can do a competition with ,
    to whome i can fight & enjoy lol with ,

to whome i can discuss my thoughts roll & share my things ,

for the humans that also thinks like me.
    to give me a chance to live my life on my own basis.

3. Make  Money profile image65
    Make Moneyposted 14 years ago

I'm grateful to God for family and friends, decent housing, enough to eat, the church I attend, new online acquaintances in these forums, the great outdoors and that the fishing season is finally here. smile

4. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

Each day could be a blessing. I know it sounds corny,but its true. Anyone of us could be dead any second, life is such a frail thing. Success will come later. Life comes first. You can get it done...if you live long enough. I'm grateful to God for life.

5. Princess Kari profile image61
    Princess Kariposted 14 years ago

everything smile
    especially helping me to get my degrees smile

6. Make  Money profile image65

Can I ask you what you are grateful to God for Lady_E?

1. profile image0
      fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

year Lady_E, What are you grateful to God for?

7. curiozities profile image60
    curiozitiesposted 14 years ago

Everything, especially my wife, our new baby son, my job and ability to provide for my family, my home, the fact that I live in the greatest country on earth, and the men and women who have served (and those who are serving) in the military to help make sure we are free.

8. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

No. god does not make a difference in my life.

9. BundleBoy profile image71
    BundleBoyposted 14 years ago

Well here Iam sitting in a cozy air conditioned room and typing out in a HubPages forum on my laptop. What more can I ask for. I am grateful for everything I have today. For the great country we live in.

10. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 14 years ago

All of us here in the HP are grateful to God for providing a forum to express our thoughts through HubPages.

In addition, personally, I am grateful (to my parents, whom I think are gods for me) for making me intelligent enough to analyse various things.

1. lisafwg01 profile image60
      lisafwg01posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Please don't speak for everyone. I'm not grateful to any deity for anything.

You may give thanks to anyone or anything you wish, but don't put your beliefs into other people's mouths.

1. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60
        VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sorry... I thought gratefulness is a common thing for everyone. Now, I correct myself. It is not common... common only to those who believe in god.

1. lisafwg01 profile image60
          lisafwg01posted 14 years agoin reply to this

You weren't speaking of gratefulness in general, you were talking about being grateful to God..there IS a difference.

11. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 14 years ago

I rarely go to temples for worship as I am not so mad in religious beliefs. As a routine, I will go to my ancestral temple here in south India and pray for all... pray for family, relatives, friends, neighbours and all our people. Worship is a common practice which no one will deny... whether he is atheist or religious. It is no sin praying for others and say to god "we all are praying you".  We get nothing by praying in a temple. Only satisfaction for our conscience. If any one differs and ask "who are you to pray for me?" I cannot do anything except tendering excuse.

12. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

"Sorry... I thought gratefulness is a common thing for everyone. Now, I correct myself. It is not common... common only to those who believe in god".

No it is not common only to those who believe in any god/gods. Your answer is narrow-minded and insulting.

13. cashmere profile image78
    cashmereposted 14 years ago

I thank God for a wonderful family, enough to eat and a place to stay. I thank him for making me free of disease and healthy. I thank him for not giving me any major grief in life.

14. febriedethan profile image81
    febriedethanposted 14 years ago

For everything in my life.

15. Make  Money profile image65

Some cool replies in here.

Definitely no mistakes. smile

16. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

I am grateful to God for the gifts that he has given me and the people that I love.smile

17. scheinandras profile image61
    scheinandrasposted 14 years ago

I can say thank you for my talent, my family and my whole life!smile Thanks god!

18. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

grateful for life and freedom to express opinions......
       children friends  and living in a nice part of the world,though the recession is hitting hard everyone has enough  to eat and cooping to the best of their ability....

and everything else!!!!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)