Do men feel that woman can only make them feel content, but not happy?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)
  1. MSdiva4life profile image60
    MSdiva4lifeposted 14 years ago

I had a discuss with my husband on why men feel that they woman cannot make them happy. Woman can make them miserable, but not happy. Men are mostly content and seek happiness in their quality of life.  But, are women not apart of the quality of life? Hmmm, so can woman only make a man feel content?

FYI, my husband is quite happy with his choice in because I work on making sure I add to the quality of his life.

1. profile image0
      MangoGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I hope this is not serious...

MSdiva4lifeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Somewhat, we always have thought provoking discussions that sometimes have an interesting twist on how a man and woman can view thing totally different.

1. profile image0

You are not there to make him happy. He should make YOU happy and your happiness should make him happy in turn. I think that's how love works...

Interesting take, but does happiness have to come from someone else? Do women feel that we need a man or some other object to be happy? I don't feel he can make me happy.  I feel it comes from within.  He can only share in my happines if I allow it. Just my take!

1. profile image0

Yes, but I thought we were talking about the reverse of this.

Yes, but my opinion of what happinesses is for a woman is quite different from a man.  The question was not whether if I am happy is he happy. Is was about can we as woman not be apart of a man's happiness even though we add to his quality of life. Men separate things even when there is no really separation.

1. profile image0

Can we contribute to a man's happiness?
                  or
                  Can men be happy without us?
                  or
                  Do men perceive their happiness as something that has nothing to do with women?

Which one?

I like you.  You are like me, inquirying minds want to know!!! I think I am on the fence on this but your third one is more correct with his thinking of men. I am in agreement with question one personally!!

2. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

My husband is always happy when he is around me, and content

1. profile image0

You're just like the flowers in your pictures, Brenda. So why wouldn't he be? smile

3. profile image52
    mildredinduliposted 14 years ago

when will men realise that superficial qualities are outweighed by the deep emotional dimensions of love?Awoman can only make a man content after she is shown love.Jesus is the best example of man.

4. Pete Maida profile image59
    Pete Maidaposted 14 years ago

No one can really make you happy; that's your job.  Having a loving wife that has your best interests at heart is the best thing in the world; I know I have one.

It bothers her if I'm unhappy but many things that make me unhappy are not in her control.

Yes anyone can make you unhappy, but it is your job to make yourself happy.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)