The US had motive to go to war in Afghanistan before 911!

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (130 posts)
  1. bgamall profile image68
    bgamallposted 12 years ago

Thought you might be interested to know that the Taliban went to Texas in 1997, and then refused to build a pipeline talked about in the article below. Turns out, the US had motive to go to war in Afghanistan way before 911. Americans voted in Cheney (copresident) and that is when America went downhill.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/west_asia/37021.stm

1. H P Roychoudhury profile image43
      H P Roychoudhuryposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am a Hindu. My religion is Hinduism and Gita is my guide to proceed to the destiny of my life. Yes, sometimes it is necessary to fight to kill the demons. Krishna, the Lord, the God, who convinced Arjuna to fight against Karuaba who were his near kith and kin but who were doing sins. The Army of United States fought against Talibans and now it is time to return. In Gita it is instructed if the sinners do not hear the saints, it is fruitless to advice the sinners. The Army should not sacrifice any more life; they should be allowed to return to their home, their mother land where their mother is waiting for them.

2. Shinkicker profile image54
      Shinkickerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The Taleban were in meetings with the Bush administration in early 2001 too I believe.

2. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 12 years ago
      bgamallposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Bingo! Cheney had motive for Afghanistan. He had motive to do a lot more that Americans have no clue about.

1. Jed Fisher profile image67
        Jed Fisherposted 12 years agoin reply to this

We know it's all a big racket, have known for a long time, for more than a hundred years. But nobody really seems to care. But the racketeers need to share that wealth, that's what gets the public riled up, if we don't get a piece of the action. Maybe some free basic health care or something, that would be nice. Or $125 gas, or college tuiton that an inteligent person could actually afford. Something besides getting robbed by the Banksters.
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smedley_Butler

3. Evan G Rogers profile image61
    Evan G Rogersposted 12 years ago

"You are just a conspiracy theorist"

You are just not studying hard enough.

1. Evan G Rogers profile image61
        Evan G Rogersposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It was a joke. Any time any one ever suggests that something other than "they hate us for our freedom" is the reason we were attacked and why we invaded Afghanistan, then they always say that "you are just a conspiracy theorist"

1. American View profile image61
          American Viewposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I cannot believe he is back on this bogus story he post months ago and was proven to be false then. I guess that's what the left calls recycling

Prove the story is bogus. Or else maybe you should stop talking.

I already did in two other forums when you brought it up before, hence why I said "proven to be false then". Perhaps it is time to look for new material, maybe talk about a current issue we face. Obama has created plenty of them

You can say it was false, but you have no proof. Indeed, other stories have come out which have bolstered this view. Here is one:

http://www.historycommons.org/context.j … libanvisit

They went to Nebraska and Mount Rushmore. This was in 1999. After this all discussions with the Taliban are broken off.

Also, when the Taliban went to Texas in 1997 it was reported by both the BBC and the Telegraph.

And you know that Reagan met with the Taliban and we have a picture of it: http://www.legitgov.org/Reagan-calls-Ta … ng-fathers Reagan armed those guys in 1980's.

I tried locating where you debunked the BBC but I can't find it, American View. By the way I don't think your view is that patriotic.

No BG, it is you that posts stories and like I said it was already proven to be false in a previous thread. You can keep posting it and hoping, but it will not change that it did not happen.

And lets be clear, it is Obama administration that is talking with the Taliban and they walked out on him.

I asked you to verify that the article was false. Just saying so does not make one of the most reputed journalistic site false. I said I cannot find where you said it was false. Post that or try going fishing.

2. American View profile image61

Why am I not amazed you continue to put out fake and phony information.
                  WOW you have a bogus picture on a bogus article. Look closely, you can see it is an obvious fake, and not a good job of it.

I wonder if you read the quote credited to Reagan and attached to that picture:

"These gentleman are the moral  equivalent of our founding fathers". - Ronald Reagan

Well the only truth in the article was the quote, only he never said it to people in a bogus meeting of the Taliban. He was referring to the Contras in the civil war in Nicaragua as we backed those against Communism. Here is the real quote:

"Ronald Reagan's efforts to eradicate Communism spanned the globe, but the insurgent Contras' cause in Nicaragua was particularly dear to him. Battling the Cuban-backed Sandinistas, the Contras were, according to Reagan, "the moral equivalent of our Founding Fathers." Under the so-called Reagan Doctrine, the CIA trained and assisted this and other anti-Communist insurgencies worldwide."

Oh and one more thing as you try to insult our intelligence. The picture claims this took place in 1985. There was no Taliban then. The Taliban did not form until 1994.

Active  September 1994 – September 1996 (militia)
                  September 1996 – December 2001 (government)
                  2004–present (insurgency)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taliban

Once more you have tried to push false information as fact. We all see your agenda.

You are only partly correct. Reagan spoke of freedom fighters, not Taliban, but Mujahideen.

We armed the Mujahideen starting in 1980. The Taliban were supported by the US because the factions of the Mujahideen could not stop fighting each other. But long before Reagan praised the Mujahideen as being freedom fighters:

http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Afgha … liban.html

You still didn't bother to deny the efforts of the US to bring the Taliban to Texas. http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/socio … rism06.htm from which I quote:

"In early 1997, Taliban officials met at Unocal’s Texas office:

[Unocal’s Barry] Lane says he wasn’t involved in the Texas meetings and doesn’t know whether then-Governor George W. Bush, an ex-oil man, ever had any involvement. Unocal’s Texas spokesperson for Central Asia operations, Teresa Covington, said the consortium delivered three basic messages to the Afghan groups. “We gave them the details on the proposed pipelines. We also talked to them about the projects’benefits, such as the transit fees that would be paid,” she says. “And we reinforced our position the project could not move forward until they stabilized their country and obtained political recognition from the US and the international community.”

Covington says the Taliban were not surprised by that demand …. In December 1997, Unocal arranged a high-level meeting in Washington, DC, for the Taliban with Clinton’s undersecretary of state for South Asia, Karl Inderforth. The Taliban delegation included Acting Minister for Mines and Industry Ahmad Jan, Acting Minister for Culture and Information, Amir Muttaqi, Acting Minister for Planning, Din Muhammad and Abdul Hakeem Mujahid, their permanent UN delegate.7"

4. lovemychris profile image76

"It's not a conspiracy, it's a plan."--Warren Ballantine

5. kerryg profile image84
    kerrygposted 12 years ago

I thought the pipeline thing was common knowledge? We sure as hell didn't go in there to free the oppressed wimmins! Anybody else see Karzai's latest shenanigans?

http://ontd-political.livejournal.com/9419761.html

The code is depressing to be sure, and the leaders we support want it. So that isn't the reason we went there is it? Nice report Kerry.

Karzai is nothing more than a puppet for the Taliban. It is no coincidence he is in favor of the code and many other issues that favor them. His true colors are coming out each day.

1. lovemychris profile image76
        lovemychrisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

As are the GOP colors here in America!

American Taliban.

What did you call me. Who the hell do you think you are. I put up with a lot of your attacks and nasty crap giving you respect for your opposite view. But you do not even understand the word. Yet all you do is talk about how everyone attacks you. I have not attacked you and this was totally uncalled for.

You aren't much of a patriot, IMO, either. I think you are not seeing the obvious in what is going on.

Your opinion does not matter to me. What have you ever done for this country other than whine, complain and spread false stories? What a laugh, someone who thinks Sarah Palin is responsible for the Arizona shooting of a Congresswoman has no credibility in questioning a persons patriotism.

Don't forget Glenn Beck.

The hateful rhetoric contributed to his mind-set. Which is why the RW used to call anyone who disagreed with Bush un-American. Turn fellow Americans into The Enemy.

Yea LMC, and the left speaks such perfect civil language. Please, time to stop the rhetoric and admit the true, both sides are about as civil as a tornado.

No way! This spiteful hate came from the right. And it started way before Obama was even elected. I don't see ANY pol coming close to these Tea Party Republicans, or their supporters.

That's what the left would say. Show me one quote from Bush or Cheney calling anyone that disagreed with them Un-American. Show a clip, not a left blog or opinion.

Their supporters AV. The people who went to web-sites, and coffee shops and public meetings, and grocery stores.

THEY called us un-American. THEY blasted even Cindy Sheehan, who had lost a son. THEY constantly told us if we don't like it, leave. If you don't support the president, you don't support the troops, you are un-American, Blah Blah Blah.

Just because you didn't experience it, doesn't give you the right to deny it happened.

2. bgamall profile image68

You can't prove that Palin and the language used in the campaign did not contribute to the deranged man's outburst.

Actually, I can with a lot more than what is below. Time to throw out the left talking points. Palin is not even running for President and Obama campaign has just spent over one million on ads attacking her. She is irrelevant to this election cycle, yet the left keeps going after her. Makes you wonder.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2011/01 … -laughner/

Here is something from the left:

"In a flier posted on its web site, the controversial church writes, "THANK GOD FOR THE SHOOTER -- 6 DEAD!" The message continues: God appointed this rod for your sins! God sent the shooter! This hateful nation unleashed violent veterans on the servants of God at WBC--hoping to silence our kind warning to obey God and flee the wrath to come."

Funny, Palin's name is no where to be found.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/0 … 06319.html

" According to a former friend, Bryce Tierney, Loughner had exhibited a longstanding dislike for Gabrielle Giffords. Tierney recalled that Loughner had oft expressed a view that women should not hold positions of power.[44][45] He repeatedly derided Giffords as a "fake". This belief intensified after he attended her August 25, 2007 event when she did not, in his view, sufficiently answer his question: "What is government if words have no meaning?"[15] (Loughner kept Giffords' form letter, which thanked him for attending the 2007 event, in the same box as an envelope which was scrawled with phrases like "die bitch" and "assassination plans have been made".)"

As you can see, he had a long time hatred of Gifford long before Palin ever came along. To say it was Palin is disingenuous and nothing more that a ploy from the left to blame the right for a liberal shooting another liberal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jared_Lee_ … al_charges

For you to say that the poisonous rhetoric coming from Palin and Beck had no effect at all on a deranged man is also disengenuous.

Their purpose was to effect hate. And the message spread through-out the land.

3. JSChams profile image60
                JSChamsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What we are seeing here my friend is that the left stands on their heads and then proclaims the rest of the world to be upside down. You know they have to spread as much misinformation as possible because there is an election coming.

Just like the WMD's that THEY started up about during the Clinton years.

Hey Bill Clinton started the ball rolling on the Afghan pipeline. But clearly the forces for trying to make it happen were Unocal, Enron, Cheney, Halliburton, and the Republicans.

My only point was that the US had motive to go to war in Afghanistan prior to 911. That is fact. All you guys in response are blowing hot air.

Sorry, but it the hot air is not coming from our direction, You are the one who posted this thread that was debunked months ago. You posted other linked here that were also debunked and shown as not accurate, yet you persist even though your last post contradicts what you have been saying about Bush and Cheney. There is an old Abbott and Costello bit

Costello- Hey do you know what makes a balloon fly?
                    Abbott- Yea Hot air
                    Costello- So what's keeping you on the ground.

2. lovemychris profile image76

Was I talking to you??
            I thought you said you are an Independent??

I am, how dare you call me a Taliban, that was low even for you

"As are the GOP colors here in America!

American Taliban."

Where does it say you are the Taliban? And haven't you numerous times said you are not Republican?

You are twisting things to smear me, as usual.

First, get the facts straight, I do not smear you, I have defended you from other attackers and you know that. I have said to you many times we do not agree but I respect your right to express your views.Who stuck up for you when you were called anti jewish, or told several other you did not attack until someone attacked you first. Many of those people are no longer on HP anymore, yet you have begun to attack others first. Maybe your passion is not letting you see it, but I do. 

I see you put quotes on your statement this time, you did not the first time. I said Karzia was showing his true colors as he supports the Taliban. The next post was you and your GOP statement then on a separate line you said American Taliban. It is quite plain you called me American Taliban and now you want to twist it into something else. You cannot take back or spin what you said.

I feel the GOP in America are like the Taliban.
                    The Taliban thinks religion and men should make the laws, and supresses women.

Same is going on here with this GOP.

And--I put it in quotes to show that's what I had said. That's the usual way of doing it. 

Never did I say You AV are the Taliban!
                    AND--since you took it personal... are you GOP?

6. maxoxam41 profile image63
    maxoxam41posted 12 years ago

The pipeline and oil (Afghans discovered three more exploitable sites)are the only valuable motivations!

7. Druid Dude profile image60
    Druid Dudeposted 12 years ago

In 97 Bush was still Governor of Texas....so he had a chip on his shoulder for Hussein, and a chip on the other shoulder for the Taliban. Nice.

8. lovemychris profile image76

"When will right wing partisans stop electioneering using hatred? NEWS FLASH: your consumers may eat that up, but 75% of Americans reject it."

I think you need to do some research on who is spreading the hate.

Quite obvious. Fox news and Clear Channel radio.

All one big family. And with Citizens United......there is no limit to their spreading propaganda and lies. Oh joy.

The Fox Effect:
        “Fox News has created a generation of woefully (and objectively) misinformed ideological sycophants to pursue its radical agenda. It's no accident. Now David Brock and Ari Rabin-Havt show that no matter how unethical and dishonest you think Fox News is, the reality is that they're much, much worse.”
        —Markos Moulitsas, publisher, Daily Kos   

Day 2 of Obama presidency, they are calling him a socialist,within a week, saying he has failed. I saw with my own eye, Oliver North call him anti-American.....you don't want to go through that history. OR the things hate-talk radio says. That is what was put on us non-Bush supporters too, and now it's put on us for supporting Obama.

It's a psy-op, and when you are the target of it...you know it.

No LMC, it is not Obvious. History lesson, Fox only came on line in 1996 to counter the left wing propaganda station, MSNBC.

Before Bush even became, the left declared Bush would never get a judge approved and would be a one term Prez like his father. Th leaving admin was so childish they took the W off computer keyboards.

Again, do some research on who is spreading the hate. Look for some REAL information, and not from blogger with an agenda like Daily KOS

Ailes worked for Nixon!

This goes WAY back. I'll repeat: after they shot King, Kennedy, Kennedy, X, Lennon....
            The great society ideals were off the table. Since then, it's been robber baron rule.

2 prongs of the same attack. Violence is really too obvious sometimes.
            Operation Mockingbird, Co-intelpro. Effective, without the obvious murders attached.

It's NO accident that a newspaper editor suggested the assasination of president Obama.

Slasher movies. Violence. NRA acting like everybody deserves a gun willy-nilly.

It's all a mind-game. IMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ny42Mdg5qo

Love is the answer. Not hate.

First, great song, I love John Lennon's music,

Ailes was Media director for Nixon, prior to that he was the executive producer of the Mike Douglas show, and extreme leftist for the time. Ailes was hired away from MSNBC to help form Fox.

And yes, Love is the answer, to bad to many on both sides forgot that

1. JSChams profile image60

Se we aren't understanding what these guys are trying to tell us. If we would just look at the world the way they do then we would realize that there is no evil in the world that does not emanate from the U.S. We should all just become cute and fuzzy bunnies and wait for the enlightened ones to give us a carrot.
                Oh by the way lots of the peaceful happy "enlightened ones" were arrested at Zucotti Park last night. That's where they want the wars to be.
                Remember now: Peaceful=Zucotti Park.......Evil Racists=Afghanistan.

Look at the world as it is.....TP never were tear-gassed. Not even that Church group who hates gays and protests military funerals!

They are allowed peaceful protest....OWS is not. What does that tell you?

1. JSChams profile image60

I can't speak for the church but the Tea Party has never done anything to warrant being gassed...or arrested. As a matter of fact it is a well known fact that when these Tea Party folks leave the area they have been in it is cleaner than when they arrived.

Now when your "enlightened people" learn how to behave like something other than apes..........wait a minute, is that because you think we are apes(??)...then maybe they won't get gassed and so forth.

Learn.....

It tells me that OWS is breaking the law and the Tea Party is not.

9. innersmiff profile image66
    innersmiffposted 12 years ago

Conservatives have an area of their brain that is incapable of critical thought, and it's called the 'Foreignpolicyaneus'. Any point of view that argues that a war is not necessary is 'crazy liberal nonsense'.

10. lovemychris profile image76

"Our opponent ... is someone who sees America, it seems, as being so imperfect, imperfect enough, that he's palling around with terrorists who would target their own country," Palin told a group of donors in Englewood, Colo. A deliberate attempt to smear Obama, McCain's ticket-mate echoed the line at three separate events Saturday.

"This is not a man who sees America like you and I see America," she said. "We see America as a force of good in this world. We see an America of exceptionalism."

It was, perhaps, no accident that the man who introduced Palin said this:

"On Nov. 4, let's leave Barack Hussein Obama wondering what happened," a Florida official says, warming up the crowd for Palin, who wasn't yet there.

No need to wonder.....she's an operative for the neo-cons. "War of all wars"...
    Psychological battle. For the hearts and minds they want to capture.

"Our opponent ... is someone who sees America, it seems, as being so imperfect, imperfect enough, that he's palling around with terrorists who would target their own country,"

What LMC, truth hurt, he did hang out and admire people who did target their own country.

"On Nov. 4, let's leave Barack Hussein Obama wondering what happened,"

I really have to hear from you what is wrong with this statement. Like the left never says something about beating their opponent in an election.I guess by your thinking Joe Namath is a Neo-con because he boasted he would win the Superbowl before the game was played.

"What LMC, truth hurt, he did hang out and admire people who did target their own country."

We have pictures of Rumsfeld shaking Saddam's hand....Bush holding hands with a Saudi Prince...did anyone of Palins ilk say anything about Bush, or his administration pallin around with terrorists?

The FBI, in the 60's and 70's, was targeting American citizens with violence....were they not allowed to defend themselves?

Are TP'ers the only ones who have the right to arm themselves as defense against the gvt???

Because...that's what they said when they went to Obama rallies with guns. And the stock of guns and bullets dissappeared after he was elected. The right wing is arming itself....for what?

You got pictures, post them. Show us, or are they like the fake one that was tried to be passed earlier from someone else. If they are Photoshoped they can be spotted real quickly when downloaded.

Show me a TPer showing up to Obama rallies with guns. I know which prison they would be in right now if they did that, and we all know the media campaign that would never end if that happened. Not to mention that would be all Obama would need to get his gun laws passed. Obama would be relentless on that issue if it really happened, maybe fast and furious would not have happened had what you claimed happened instead.   TPers have only one issue, the financial issues of the country.

Geez AV...we live in different realities.

We sure do, you make a claim you have a picture, I ask to see it, you and that was your response. If there was a picture you would have rubbed my face in it.

What happens every time the left says the TP are obstructionists, there was some kind of debate over spending or lack of cuts or fiscal restraint. Blame them for what they do, no reason to make up other stuff up. And I do not mean you, I mean the left

In case you didn't see this above, I would like your comment here:

I already said the Taliban was created in 1994 to offset the warring factions of the Mujahideen. Bush may not have been directly involved, but he was governor of Texas and surely aware of the meeting. He had ties with Enron who also was involved with the Taliban. What is wrong with you?

You deny the Taliban went to Texas? Is that your point?

You saw this right?

Unocal Vice President of International Relations John J. Maresca (later to become a Special Ambassador to Afghanistan) testified before the House of Representatives that Unocal’s pipeline would extend across Afghanistan and Pakistan to the Indian Ocean and suggested that with the pipeline the Caspian basin could produce 20 percent of all the non-OPEC oil in the world by 2010. However, he warned, “It’s not going to be built until there is a single Afghanistan Government.” (US Congress, 2/12/98)

This is a very eye opening article where the pipeline plan is reported by the NY Times. I suggest you read it:

http://rethinkafghanistan.com/blog/2012 … -commerce/

Now it's Truman and Eisenhower, is Mickey Mouse next? You change you story more times than Carter has peanuts.

Bush was involved, now you say he was not but he knew. You never mentioned or admitted the Taliban did not form till 1994, I pointed that out. Show where you said that, funny, I reread all the posts and do not see it.  You showed a bogus picture of Reagan meeting with the Taliban, not me, you posted the quote from Reagan and said he said it to the Taliban when in fact he said it about the Contras fighting in Nicaragua.

So now you have my comment here, it has not changed from the comments above, it has not changed from the thread the first time you posted this inaccurate crap and  my comments will not change in the future. As I also said above, we see your agenda.

Reagan supported the pre Taliban anti communist fighters.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reagan_Doctrine

Reagan said this in the state of the union from the Wiki link:

Reagan himself was a vocal proponent of the policy. Seeking to expand Congressional support for the doctrine in the 1985 State of the Union Address in February 1985, Reagan said: "We must not break faith with those who are risking their lives...on every continent, from Afghanistan to Nicaragua... to defy Soviet aggression and secure rights which have been ours from birth. Support for freedom fighters is self-defense."

So, View, here is a Reagan quote saying the Afghans were freedom fighters. Wake up little buddy. You are asleep.

2. bgamall profile image68

So View comment on the Maresca's testimony since you are so sure of your position.

I have addressed this with you before. You are worse than a broken record. Why do you  not try and prove the posts and links I showed are not accurate? Because you cannot so you just keep saying the same ole same ole and it still is not accurate, never will be accurate

BG, it is Sunday, It is very nice outside. Go get some fresh air, spend some time with the family if you are married, go do something else. I am done wasting my time with you. Go enjoy the day

You keep saying you addressed it before. I don't see where. Did you forget your argument? Why are you continually posting what you don't know?

11. lovemychris profile image76

"You Lie"!!!

Little boy president. Uh huh...just your normal Americans.

12. lovemychris profile image76

I notice you never addresss any of the issues I raised....like the FBI in the 60's and 70's targeting citizens, Ailes working for the Right-wing faction since Nixon, and a newspaper editor suggesting Obama be assasinated!!!

13. lovemychris profile image76

well I'll be....

"Earlier this week, an Arizona state senate committee backed a “tell your boss why you’re on the pill bill” that would allow employers to demand proof that their employees are not using birth control for contraceptive purposes before their insurance will cover the pills. In an interview on Meet The Press this morning, Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) slammed this assault on working women, and even urged his fellow Republicans to finally end their lengthy war on women’s reproductive health"

14. lovemychris profile image76

"After last night's raid, there's been a call by #ows for us to demand a federal investigation of policing of occupations."

Are these private police forces???  Or is it the World Police?
    And is that the same thing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82l2lxvv … ata_player

15. bgamall profile image68
    bgamallposted 12 years ago

So American View here is proof that Reagan called the pre Taliban fighters in Afghanistan Freedom fighters. From the Wiki article on the Reagan Doctrine:

Reagan himself was a vocal proponent of the policy. Seeking to expand Congressional support for the doctrine in the 1985 State of the Union Address in February 1985, Reagan said: "We must not break faith with those who are risking their lives...on every continent, from Afghanistan to Nicaragua... to defy Soviet aggression and secure rights which have been ours from birth. Support for freedom fighters is self-defense."

So here is the deal, the pre Taliban fighters in Afghanistan were considered to be freedom fighters as the quote from his speech says. So perhaps American View can wrestle with that knowing that the ultimate goal in the 1990's was to build a pipeline through Afghanistan to huge oil deposits in the Caspian Sea. I suppose American View has a hard time thinking that if we supported the "freedom fighters", we would support the Taliban. For oil we would support anyone.

So here's the deal, BG has no clue. So perhaps BG can wrestle with the fact everything he has posted here is 100% inacurate, then he changes his story. He again cliams the Taliban ond the freedom fighters are the same. From his own link.

"" In 1991, the Taliban (a movement originating from Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam-run religious schools for Afghan refugees in Pakistan) also developed in Afghanistan as a politico-religious force."

The Taliban started as a movement, long after Reagan was President The Taliban were not the freedom fighters.   "

In 1991 they were only a movement, they came to power in 1994.

Also form his link

"By 1996, with backing from the Pakistani ISI, Pakistani Armed Forces, and al-Qaeda, the Taliban had largely defeated the militias and controlled most of the country."

In 1996, the Taliban with help defeated the freedom fighters to take control of the country.

I suppose BG has a hard time understanding the facts of history since he is not accurate about what he posts, and even the sources he cites all do not agree with what he posts. Time for BG to get a new hobby, history is not working out for him.

I already admitted that the Taliban were not the freedom fighters in Afghanistan that Reagan said were freedom fighters. But Reagan called people in Afghanistan freedom fighters and then we supported those who succeeded the "freedom fighters" because they were going to allow a pipeline to be built.

So, don't say that it was just in Nicaruaga that Reagan was referring to when he said freedom fighters. 

And the Taliban's refusal to build the pipeline gave the US motive to attack them, and that is the theme of this thread, which you seem to deny.

This is the tenth time in this hub alone you have changed your story, pick one, stick with it because no matter where you try to spin it it is still inaccurate.

This is what you said just one post ago:

"So here is the deal, the pre Taliban fighters in Afghanistan were considered to be freedom fighters"

Now you say:

"I already admitted that the Taliban were not the freedom fighters in Afghanistan"

Now you want to spin it that you did not say it but Reagan did. Reagan said "ANYONE FIGHTING THE COMMUNISTS ARE FIGHTING FOR FREEDOM"  He never call the Taliban freedom fighter BECAUSE THEY DID NOT EXIST YET.

As for the rest again you are not even close. Go find something else to do.

16. lovemychris profile image76

kind of like this wink

"Since April 2011, a total of 1.64 million people have pitched in to own a piece of this campaign. #Obama2012"

Barack Obama‏
    "Every five bucks helped. 97.7% of February's contributions were $250 or less, for an average donation of $59.04."

NOT some Las Vegas BILLIONAIRE holding up the whole campaign!!! (Gingrich)

Mitt wants to repeal roe v wade??

Re-peal citizens united----we'd be much better off.

17. lovemychris profile image76

Holy-Moly....here it is!:

SEPTEMBER 11, 2001: Insider Trading 9/11 ... the Facts Laid Bare 

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php? … ;aid=29863

I almost made in my pants when I read this: PROMIS involved! Octopus.....Orly Taitz....Netanyahu!

did you see Gordon Duff's article yesterday?

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2012/03/19 … -military/

OMG.  it's coming down

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)