Kind of ironic...

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (27 posts)
  1. mischeviousme profile image60
    mischeviousmeposted 12 years ago

Religious folks tend to disaprove of abortion, the very same people that believe sparing the rod is a bad thing. Maybe some people should be forced to have abortions, save the child some bruises and save the world from another believer. That's what happens when they have children, they turn them into robots and use them as reference points, as to bolster their belief.

They tell their children that there's no other way to think and we have another generation of child abusers, ready to indoctrinate more easy prey. Not that their bad people, they have a genuine concern... As dangerous as it may become. You don't see abortion doctors blowing up churches, but they probably should.

1. janesix profile image59
      janesixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Youre arguments are getting better and better. Congratulations.

2. Eric Newland profile image60
    Eric Newlandposted 12 years ago

So now I'm a child beater, too?

Wow, I learn more about myself every day around here.

Dont feel bothered by it. He probably doesnt even think that. Hes just desperate for attention.

mischeviousmeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If I wanted attention, I'd talk this way in public. Of course a believer may walk past and decide to protest me or worse, blow me up.

I dont think you REALLY think there should be forced abortions.thats going too far. Perhaps you are just angry and are saying things you dont really mean.

I don't think there should be, it's just a statement about what to expect. If my freedoms are at the sway of religion, as I assume they have been for some time, then what is to be expected of it's unwilling participants? Do we not fight back, even having caged our fists for so long? They call us out, as if our evils far outweigh theirs. Genecide is okay, but harm one unborn fetus...

2. mischeviousme profile image60

I didn't say all, that's your assumption. I was talking about the over zealoused nuts that blow up clinics and do greater harm than good. What of the mother that was thinking about having an abortion and changed her mind at the last second? Did she deserve to get blown up? If it's going to be tit for tat with those people, they should at least see it coming.

1. Eric Newland profile image60
        Eric Newlandposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If you're not generalizing don't use general terms.

I'll try to limit my language to your specifications, sorry to have offended your anal-retentive attention to detail.

I'm not being anal retentive, I'm asking you not to stereotype.

As you stereotype all non-believers as heathens and as being on a one way track to hell? I will be more mindful of it though, I don't want to look like an intentional jerk.

Oh look, you just did it again.

2. Eric Newland profile image60

"There is only one God and He is God to all; therefore it is important that everyone is seen as equal before God. I’ve always said we should help a Hindu become a better Hindu, a Muslim become a better Muslim, a Catholic become a better Catholic."--Mother Theresa

I agree with you 100%, but if you do so, you must also give up the one God spiel. If you're that open minded, the question or answer of one God, is nothing more than mask. One designed to further a personal quest, which is a noble task indeed, a bit overt though...

3. Jesus was a hippy profile image59
      Jesus was a hippyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Shame on you

3. Shanna11 profile image75
    Shanna11posted 12 years ago

Should I feel sorry for you that you seem to spend a majority of your time online obsessing about how awful religion is?

I dunno, if I was really against something, I'd go out and do something about it, not sit and post new threads every other minute complaining about it.

What am I to do, let religion have the world? Theists call into question certain rights, such as what I do with my own corpus. Theism has ruled our minds for too long and if I can liberate a few minds on line, I should be able to do the same abroad. This is but an experimental run...

1. Shanna11 profile image75
        Shanna11posted 12 years agoin reply to this

What are the results so far of this experimental run?

I am doing my best to discover a universal relationship between all people, a phrase set of principles that would be acceptable to both sides, a middle ground. If I find said middle ground, this would be one of the best ways to do it. So far though, I haven't read a totally convincing stand point from either side. Too much headbutting and empiricism of belief... I don't support abortion in any way, I just thought it was the best way to broach the subject.

1. Shanna11 profile image75
            Shanna11posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well you don't exactly create threads that encourage people to calmly discuss things and search for a middle ground. Using trigger words and phrases like "child abuse" or "blowing things up" is hardly conducive to eliminating headbutting and empiricism....just a thought.

4. Disappearinghead profile image60
    Disappearingheadposted 12 years ago

Mmm another thread designed to be provocative and loaded with stereotypes.

5. Druid Dude profile image60
    Druid Dudeposted 12 years ago

I more disapprove of people who can't exert a little self control on their body parts n passions. The world is overcrowded, but the solution isn't genocide, nor is it conducting ourselves like ancient Greeks and throwing the unwanted from the cliffs to the rocks below.

1. Disappearinghead profile image60
      Disappearingheadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If everyone got married we would need no population control as it is a well known fact that the best contraceptive is a wedding cake!! smile

2. mischeviousme profile image60

That's what it appears to be boiling down to... as we grow in numbers, there is bound to be conflict. Attachments to an event and to a man, are not going to ease the suffering. It has dominion over our ego and ego over us, too much I, me stuff going on.

1. couturepopcafe profile image59
        couturepopcafeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"As I perfect myself, I perfect the universe. When I attempt to walk in another man's shoes, I gain a better understanding and a chance to perfect the universe. No one gets to Nirvana lest every one of us goes. If one is left behind, it's not Perfection/Nirvana/Heaven".

It's just an understanding, one derived of the imaginary "self" and I is all that matters. This global society will either destroy itself or move on to better things.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)