As Citizens how can we help our Economy?

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (15 posts)
  1. dwarfstar profile image70
    dwarfstarposted 11 years ago

As we all know China has become the biggest importer of all products especially in the US.  The consumers take advantage of the products because of its low price but little we didn't know that we are not helping in our economy in return..

For me, before we buy other products we should patronize our own products first...  Once we keep on buying our own made products it will send a signal to the companies to put up a manufacturing company in our country which in result will give jobs to people.  If lots of people will work and earn then our economy will be better.. DO you agree?

1. Jesus was a hippy profile image62
      Jesus was a hippyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think you mean that China is the biggest EXporter? Buying products in your own country will help the economy a little, but if you really want to make a difference, you need to create a product and export it to other countries.

Helping your economy is all about making your country richer. It is actually quite simple economics. Sell more to other countries then you buy from other countries.

1. dwarfstar profile image70
        dwarfstarposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, I stand corrected. If  there are few people are working it means only few people capable of buying and paying debts. That is why we need companies to start making their products to our own country to create jobs. Therefore the people of the country should buy the products that are made in their country first.

2. profile image0
    idratherbeposted 11 years ago

Support your local ma and pa businesses would be a start. It would send a message to the large retailers. Not to mention, by supporting ma and pa's, more money would help your local communties. As a small business owner, I sell made in America every chance I get. I understand it may cost a few pennies more, but the consumers buying these products, are supporting fellow working Americans.

1. Jesus was a hippy profile image62
      Jesus was a hippyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm in the UK and noone here cares where the product is made. Price is the bottom line and that forces me to buy most if not all of my products from other countries.

That said, while I do import tangible items for resale in the UK, I also export intangible information which is one of the UK's great exports.

1. Disappearinghead profile image60
        Disappearingheadposted 11 years agoin reply to this

True. As a UK citizen you may have seen a documentary by Andrew Marr in which he stated that we tend to be blinded by the idea that only manufactured goods might constitute an export. The UK is very good at exporting services, knowledge and technology.

There is no point in trying to compete with China for the manufacture of plastic buckets.

2. dwarfstar profile image70
      dwarfstarposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you idratherbe. Patronize your own local products first

3. SpanStar profile image61
    SpanStarposted 11 years ago

*I would say in America we could start by taking our foot off the accelerator pedal in our vehicles thereby reducing the amount of gasoline we consume at the pump for I have seen far too many people rushing past my car only to turn into a diner or some fast food place.

*It would appear the electric car just might the a car for the future perhaps focusing our efforts in creating an environment that supports these types of vehicles will vastly improve our need not to be dependence on oil and gasoline.

1. Disappearinghead profile image60
      Disappearingheadposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps their cars need to burn a lot of petrol to haul their lard arses to the fast food joint in the first place.

1. SpanStar profile image61
        SpanStarposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I didn't think of that-Thanks Disappearinghead

2. Repairguy47 profile image60
      Repairguy47posted 11 years agoin reply to this

So buying something from the diner or fast food place doesn't help our economy? roll

Not if it's costing gas prices to remain high and places others on the roadways to be at risk of a car accident.

1. Repairguy47 profile image60

Car accidents help the economy,wrecker drivers get paid, body men get paid, health care workers get paid. You don't really seem to understand economics.

You can't possibly be serious? People facing possible serious large medical bills, income hampered because person or persons can show up for work. Insurance rates goes up Your view seems to me to be a chalice view of economy.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

1. Repairguy47 profile image60

Gee, their loss is someone elses gain, its a dog eat dog world out their.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)