I Am Trying To Figure Out How To Get Friends In My Fanclub

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (38 posts)
  1. rastrother profile image40
    rastrotherposted 14 years ago

anyone want to join or give advice on how to get new people in my club?

1. Lgali profile image57
      Lgaliposted 14 years agoin reply to this
    2. darkside profile image64
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

1) Follow people whose work you honestly enjoy.

2) Write hubs about things you know and like. If others appreciate it, they'll follow you too.

3) Repeat step 2.

2. andromida profile image55
    andromidaposted 14 years ago

joining the fan club of others and participating in forums will get you familiarize with other potential friends.In fact I also need more friends. I am your new fan.

3. babedoll50 profile image59
    babedoll50posted 14 years ago

At first when I came back to HubPages I really had no clue how to get fans.

It really is pretty simple though.

If I like what some is writing about and can relate to it I will join theirs.

I try and write good content so people will join mine

I am trying to be as active as I can in forums and such.

I believe doing this will make my fan base go up with good active fans

4. thranax profile image72
    thranaxposted 14 years ago

Fans drizzle in over time as you write more. Physically going out looking for fans isn't really the best option because if people just join because you want them to it doesn't mean they joined because they like what you write etc..

~thranax~

5. Anamika S profile image69
    Anamika Sposted 14 years ago

When you become active in HubPages hubbers would take notice of you and  may join your fan club. Over a time you would be building a good fan base.

6. sunstreeks profile image80
    sunstreeksposted 14 years ago

I would suggest sending money through paypal.. Yup. Easiest way to make friends. =P

1. profile image50
      badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Just send $20, you have my paypal a/c smile

1. sunstreeks profile image80
        sunstreeksposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sheesh that's steep BC. I ask only for $8 and that includes the option to be friends on Twitter for just $1 more.

1. profile image50

Twitter is too complicated for a dumb pirate and jeez what could I put on it, saw a ship, saw a dolphin, saw another ship. Jeeez I really need to get out, I actually am beginning to believe I am a pirate. " Ya are " " No its an act you nutty fool " " So why am I wearing this pirate hat " " Jeez to keep yer head dry when the funny farm come to take ya away "

Heres how you do it on twitter..

Does A Tattoo Hurt http://hubpages.com/hub/Does-A-Tattoo-H … g-A-Tattoo #tattoo #tattoos #body art

Now, whenever someone searches on twitter for tattoos on twitter they will use the keyword in the descrip, or the hash tags #tattoo etc. and find your hub! smile

See. Using keywords and hash tags you get targeted traffic on twitter!

2. bgamall profile image67
      bgamallposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lol, you are such a smart girl. BTW my traffic went up with your tip about title keywords. Thanks Sunstreaks. You are a gem.

Thanks! Happy to help! smile

7. quicksand profile image81
    quicksandposted 14 years ago

You've already gotten seven fans in just three weeks. That's pretty good, and it means people like what you write. Well, it took me several weeks to get my first fan ... and even a response in the form of a comment.

So ... good luck to you. smile

8. profile image50
    badcompany99posted 14 years ago

Do I have to open an account or work because along with my alcohol, gambling and diazepam problems I also have a work allergy!

9. blondepoet profile image66
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

Yep talk a lot to everyone, be happy, join lots of fan clubs, comment on as many other hubs as you can, don't cross dress in public and you will get there LMAO.

1. profile image50

But most of all be careful who you select, although tis easy removing them as it is adding them, doncha think ?

1. profile image0
        SarahMichelleposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yeah ya just never know who is out there do you? 

wink

1. earnestshub profile image80
          earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey BP why the ban on cross dressing in public!

1. blondepoet profile image66
            blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Because dear Earnest you have not returned my last handbag and lippy, not to mention my black heels

Sorry BP I love the heels by the way!

I know you do Earnest, that is why I am going to give them to you, please accept them as a token of my admiration for the way you are shaking your groove. Wooo hooo.

2. profile image50

Ya just never know Sarah, do ya smile

2. bgamall profile image67
      bgamallposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I joined hashtags on Twubs. How do you join actual fan clubs?

10. sunstreeks profile image80
    sunstreeksposted 14 years ago

Take some benedryl right before you sign up. smile

11. blondepoet profile image66
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

Haha and don't forget the spoon full of sugar it makes the medicine go down.

12. rastrother profile image40

hey blonde poet thanks for advice on cross dressing in public i will use that advice wisely :-)

1. profile image49
      CabinGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like good advice !

I thought so lol

2. blondepoet profile image66

Lol it was my pleasure. A good laugh goes far. I know a hubber here who has crossed over. He was a man yesterday, today his avatar is a woman.

13. rastrother profile image40

badcompany99 wrote
    Do I have to open an account or work because along with my alcohol, gambling and diazepam problems I also have a work allergy!
      amen i agree i to also have that allergy i wonder if clariten will clear it up?

14. Research Analyst profile image74
    Research Analystposted 14 years ago

smiley faces work smile

15. cindyvine profile image67
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

Well Blonde, maybe that man is both, maybe he has a feminine side and a masculine side and is a little confused as to which one he is.

Yes I agree he has been leaning towards the dark side of recently. Have you seen C.C's new avatar, a woman with a bald head, and he wants to dress up in my clothes, fair suck of the saveloy he asked me.

Leaning? Just leaning? By the way when cc said he felt like a new man, I thought he was talking about himself! Silly me.

16. cindyvine profile image67
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

Yeah, saw CC's avatar and got worried

17. rapmanual profile image39
    rapmanualposted 14 years ago

Write good content specified to your niche and if it's good enough they'll come in.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)