Does the president have republicans chasing their own tail on purpose?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (24 posts)
  1. wetbaknproud profile image66
    wetbaknproudposted 11 years ago

Is the president purposely making the republicans jump from one issue to another every other day so they don't spend time talking about the economy?they have already spent the last few weeks talking about immigration ,fast and furious,the leaks about national security,etc.

2. Cagsil profile image72
    Cagsilposted 11 years ago

No.

Republicans and Democrats don't need help chasing their own tails. They do it well, while leading the public down the distortion and misinformation road.

wetbaknproudposted 11 years agoin reply to this

you are right they both engage in these distraction tactics.but they are not successful all the time, sometimes it backfires.

1. Cagsil profile image72
        Cagsilposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Backfires? Very rarely compared to the things which come to light. lol

2. cheaptrick profile image74
      cheaptrickposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You hit the nail right on the head.
      The thing is,their tail chasing isn't what's dangerous.
      It's staying out of the way of the"Pitch Fork"they all carry these days.

yes but they hate obama so much they're likely to stab each other in their frenzy

3. Reality Bytes profile image75
    Reality Bytesposted 11 years ago

Do politicians have the people chasing their own tail on purpose?

More appropriate.  smile

yes but you can not blame politicians for our own ineptitude

2. Dr Billy Kidd profile image91
      Dr Billy Kiddposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The people chasing their own tails! You got it on this one.

4. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 11 years ago

I, for one,think it's awesome to see the POTUS controlling the spin.
    I hope he gets the Republicans so dizzy they barf!

well they don't seem to be able to control themselves in going after him on anything and everything

To do so would require them to think about something other than themselves. Which isn't likely to happen. lol

1. Mighty Mom profile image78
          Mighty Momposted 11 years agoin reply to this

A moving target doesn't give them enough time to frame their messages -- which the GOP has always been distressingly good at and the Dems just can't seem to master.
          Finally, Obama's getting it.
          The best defense is a hopscotch offense.
          smile

The only thing that any President in the present or near future is going to do is get arrested.

All of Congress, including the President should be arrested for failing to do the duties of their office.

It's pathetic how many people willfully back politicians who have no interest in doing what's best for society as a whole.

"Society as a whole" doesn't exist,especially in the US right now.

We elected a whole bunch of Tea Party congressmen and women in 2010.
              Are they doing what's best for society as a whole?
              Should they be included or exempted from the arrest?

America is still presently a Nation. Therefore, it has a society as a whole. hmm
                No. "We" did not. Ignorant individuals elected them.
                What part of what I said did you not understand?
                ALL politicians in a political office at a Federal Level should be arrested. If the Tea Party Congressman and women fall into that category, then yes.

Are you saying there is not a single legislator in either house of Congress who is doing anything good for their constituents?

My point is, tossing out veteran lawmakers who understand how to work together (which many still do) and replacing them with rubes off the street (a la TP frenzy of 2010) is very dangerous.

Yes. There's a high chance that NONE are honest. Why? Simple really.

There are a bunch of corrupt politicians who are spoon fed money by corporations.

The ones who are not, are not doing anything about the ones who are. So, they are just as guilty as those who are accepting money from corporations.
                    Really?

The American government, state levels politicians are promoted from within, so you will not have rubes off the street.

2. wetbaknproud profile image66

it has always been a tactic of the right to characterize politicians as corrupt and promote the overthrow of governments and replace it with "outsiders"the fascists , the nazis, and the falangists used this tactic and it worked for them, also all the military dictatorships in central and south america had the corruption of politicians as the main excuse to establish their regimes

2. Friendlyword profile image60
              Friendlywordposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Why would you waste such a powerful mind and voice.  Critical choices need to be made here and now!  We, the 99%, need you on our side. Republicans are out to destroy the working class, the Unions, the education system, the voting rights of blacks and Latinos, the basic laws of fairness and decency, the President of the United States, and the United States!  All Politians in Washington are not bad.  Republicans are bad at their core right now. Please make a wise choice.  Or, just make an educated guess based on the recent actions of Republicans and their dirty money and dirty tricks.  Actually, I don't know with way you may be leaning, so I will respectfully ask you to get off the fence and make a choice.  Being indecisive is good for debate but you are too powerful to sit up their on that fence!  Come down! Hopefully on our side.

i don't know who you are addressing here

1. Friendlyword profile image60
                  Friendlywordposted 11 years agoin reply to this

A very powerful voice. And hopefully a great politician by the name of Cagsil.  Check him out.

I have and I agree with you 100 percent.

2. Cagsil profile image72

I'm not wasting anything. But, thank you for the compliment. wink
                Yes, critical choices do need to be made, but if those choices don't support Equality and Equal rights for everyone, then it's not going to be an acceptable choice.
                I'm on the side of the little person(the individual).
                The Republicans are not the problem. The problem is those who pull the strings of all politicians.
                Really? See my post to Mighty Mom.
                You talking about one side and leaving the other side alone is foolish. hmm
                I made a wise choice. That choice was to start Cagsil- Citizens Attain Greater Satisfaction In Life.
                What I won't do is make an educated guess about Politicians. I'll take their actions for the last 200 years and use it against all of them.
                I don't lean left or right. I'm for complete and total equality and equal rights. I have yet to see any politician hold an office on that basis and live up to it.
                I'm on the side of Freedom from tyranny, freedom from abuse, freedom from people's unadulterated onslaught of others.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)