Grover Norquist Exposed as Muslim Infiltrator by Frank Gaffney!!!

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)
  1. Ralph Deeds profile image66
    Ralph Deedsposted 11 years ago

Was anyone aware that Grover Norquist has been exposed by none other than Frank Gaffney as a Muslim infiltrator into the American conservative movement?? His wife is a Muslim, and Grover was the architect of President Bush's outreach to Americans of the Muslim faith!! Incredible! Who'd a thunk it?

2. Ralph Deeds profile image66
    Ralph Deedsposted 11 years ago

TWO VIPERS GO AT IT   

Dear Colleague:

As we will discuss on today's Victory Coalition call, an opportunity has arisen to begin to push back on the insidious Muslim Brotherhood influence operation mounted by Grover Norquist and his Brotherhood-affiliated protégé, Suhail Khan. It comes in the form of the upcoming October 4 Conservative Political Action Conference in Denver. I believe that, by using this event as leverage, we have a shot at raising enough hell in Colorado and elsewhere about Norquist and Khan that we can force the ACU Board, at a minimum, to rescind the resolution it adopted last September condemning me and a endorsing them. If we create enough of a stir, it might even be possible to induce the Board to force their resignations and that of the third Board member who enabled that resolution, Cleta Mitchell, from the ACU leadership.

To that end, I am forwarding for your consideration a letter that might usefully be sent, individually or collectively, to the ACU's President, Al Cardenas -- who I have reason to believe would be personally sympathetic to such a campaign.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts about this initiative on the call today.

All the best, F

The letter drafted by Gaffney faults the ACU board for endorsing Norquist and Khan "despite abundant evidence that they have engaged in activities that American conservatives and others who love freedom would find abhorrent."

That behavior, according to Gaffney, includes "the enabling and conduct of influence operations by the Muslim Brotherhood as part of its 'civilization jihad' against this country and, in particular, targeted at the conservative movement and the Republican Party."

He takes fault with Mitchell's findings and asks the board to "correct the record, to repudiate Ms. Mitchell for misleading it or to disassociate the Board from the unacceptable actions of Messrs. Norquist and Khan."

Norquist told The Huffington Post he had not heard about Gaffney's latest effort.

"Frank's argument is, 'If you knew what I knew, you'd understand.' But the problem is the people who read all of his stuff are the ones who are the least sympathetic to his conspiracy theories," said Norquist.

Laura Keehner Rigas, communications director for ACU, declined to make Cardenas available for an interview.

"ACU is focused on our work to deliver a conservative message to America in this critical election cycle. We are not engaged in any distracting intramurals and have no plans to internally take on any of the issues about which you have inquired," she responded.

Neither Gaffney nor Khan returned requests for comment. Mitchell said she was unable to discuss the matter because of a "strict confidentiality rule."

Mitchell's September 2011 letter reviewing Gaffney's claims against Norquist and Khan was definitive in finding no support whatsoever for the allegations.

Regarding Norquist, for example, Mitchell wrote, "With respect to Mr. Gaffney's allegations against Grover, those are purely and simply character assassination. ... And I'm certain that Mr. Gaffney's hatred is further fueled by the fact that Grover is married to a Muslim-American woman (who also has worked for the United States government in very responsible positions, I might add!)."

Furthermore, Mitchell said she has personally tried to persuade Gaffney to stop his baseless allegations.

"I have tried to talk Mr.Gaffney into ceasing these attacks -- but to no avail," she wrote. "I have done everything I know to do to try and bring this to a halt, including private conversations and public appearances saying essentially what I have said in this letter. I have taken whatever official actions in my capacity as a board member of various organizations to vote against any motion that would support Mr. Gaffney's allegations and will continue to do so."

Not only was Gaffney barred from speaking at CPAC last year, but Slate's Dave Weigel reported that he has also been barred from the "Weyrich lunch," a weekly off-the-record gathering of conservative leaders. The reason? His public campaign against Norquist and other conservatives.

Last year, Gaffney also went after Virginia Del. David Ramadan (R-South Riding), who was running for office at the time.

In a Washington Times op-ed about Ramadan in August 2011, Gaffney wrote, "As we are seeing play out in the Middle East at the hands of Islamists of various stripes, democracy is no guarantee against people who are hostile to it -- some of whom are perfectly capable of concealing that hostility to advance their purposes."

Gaffney's allegations, however, were rebutted by one of the conservative movement's stalwarts: Edwin Meese, who served as President Ronald Reagan's attorney general. Meese endorsed Ramadan in part, he later explained, because of Gaffney's campaign.

"I felt that this was an unfair attack and persisted in my support of him because of that," said Meese, adding, "I think it's always serious when any American is disparaged ... solely because of their religion or their background when there's no basis for it."

Read the letter Gaffney is circulating for people to send to Cardenas:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/0 … f=politics

3. Wizard Of Whimsy profile image61
    Wizard Of Whimsyposted 11 years ago

I knew it!

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6786668_f520.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~wizardofwhimsy/gop-neotaliban.gif

1. profile image0
      DMartelonlineposted 11 years agoin reply to this

OMG! Kindly post a coffee-spitting warning before you do this in the future LOL smile

2. Ralph Deeds profile image66
      Ralph Deedsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Great stuff, as usual, Wiz!

1. Wizard Of Whimsy profile image61
        Wizard Of Whimsyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Ralph—sorry for Ms. DMartel's  spit coffee on the CRT, however!

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/590795/Spittake.jpg

4. Niteriter profile image61
    Niteriterposted 11 years ago

While I squirm at the notion of engaging in any discourse with an anti-Muslim* hue, this information ought to counter-balance the inflammatory rhetoric set in motion by the ever-clever Minnesota Representative Bachmann. But then, Wiz has come up with yet another set of graphics to inject a humour antidote into any discomfort that may arise!

*Anti-Anyone really, but Muslim in this case because debate regarding that particular faith so frequently enters the public conversation.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)