What was before the Big Bang? GOD!

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (68 posts)
  1. ytbot1x profile image59
    ytbot1xposted 11 years ago

Please elaborate, amateur atheists. You have no chop! lol Go back home to this one wink

1. Paul Wingert profile image60
      Paul Wingertposted 11 years agoin reply to this

roll

ytbot1xposted 11 years agoin reply to this

cool

1. Paul Wingert profile image60
          Paul Wingertposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Gods weren't invented until the post stone age.

1. psycheskinner profile image84
            psycheskinnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

IMHO we don't really know for sure when animism coalesced into deism.

2. C-ing Eye profile image60
            C-ing Eyeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I will pray that you receive more wisdom. My prayers are always answered, but not usually right away. This one could be a while, but I hope it is today!

2. A Troubled Man profile image59
        A Troubled Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

+1

1. AndReall profile image60
          AndReallposted 11 years agoin reply to this

lol

3. C-ing Eye profile image60

Smiley face fist fight!

2. Nisha Jacob profile image60
      Nisha Jacobposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Very interesting Question

Where it happened? How?

3. nightwork4 profile image60
      nightwork4posted 11 years agoin reply to this

what was before god and how was it created? sorry bud but not every atheist believes in the big bang so your assumptions also show your ignorance. now go play child.

You're free to exit. No need to ask for permission, junior.

2. ytbot1x profile image59

Just to help you dispel your ignorance (Atheists aren't empathic, are they?)-

1) If God exists (which many can assert that this is the case), then It must be outside Time and Space. If there is Time, then we have a linear progression of actions, things being created, then coming into existence etc. For God, who created Time, this linear progression doesn't apply. To put it simply, God is infinite.

2) As for the case of ' assumptions' -  you simply have missed the interesting split. Be happy with whatever little you could take.

1. Jerami profile image57
          Jeramiposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If there is Time, then we have a linear progression of actions, things being created, then coming into existence etc.
          = - =
          "IF" anything is eternal ; I would think that time would have to be linear in at least two directions.
          Not suggesting that it is,    "Just saying"    "Seems like"

1. profile image0
            Emile Rposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That's cool Jeramie. Time expanding in two directions explains a lot of things in a very interesting manner.

Another thought. Could time be expanding at different rates, on either end?

1. profile image0
              jomineposted 11 years agoin reply to this

How will be the clocks hands when time expands in two directions, moving vertically and horizontally?
              You know my local time slowed two days before and stopped altogether yesterday, so I have to take it to a time mechanic. Unfortunately for me, the office time didn't slowed, but fortunately my home time too didn't slowed.

1. profile image0

Clocks aren't time. They measure time by our understanding of it. And the way it affects our lives as we live them.

It is just a question, anyway. We can't reinvent the clock until we find a different understanding of time. Maybe what we already see is what we get, and the clock is perfect as it is. smile

1. A Troubled Man profile image59

One of things we understand about time is that it actually has no effect on us whatsoever, nada, zilch. However, physical changes within us and our external environment do affect us and as you say, time measures those changes.

2. profile image0

The clocks do not measure, its hands just move and we are doing the measuring, from our pre-conceived idea(that is, it is the motion of clock arms, we are taking as time).
                  Better clock? just look above(caution: only during morning or evening, never at noon, and should be in an open space), there is the ultimate clock to which we all must adjust the time. smile

1. profile image0

You do realize that nit picking is pointless? Of course we are the ones using the information to calculate time.

2. Jerami profile image57

sorry I missed this earlier  ...  I can't sit for long   which leads to A.D.D.  When I was younger I called this multi tasking, Now it is feels like senility.   What was I going in there for ???

I can't imagine time not having more than one path.   
              I think that time would have different speeds on each end.   And in many places in between.
              Time is relative with the speed of light.  as light travels through the universe it does not maintain a constant speed. The speed of light is constant only in a vacume and when unaffected by gravitational forces.   So I would think that "TIME" might be different on different planets with different gravitational forces?    I don't know ???    Jet Lag on a galactic scale ??

That is false, gravity does NOT affect the speed of light, but instead affects the energy, hence the frequency of light. As light approaches a gravity well, it shifts to the blue spectrum as it gains energy and then shifts to the red spectrum upon moving away from the well as it loses energy.

Why don't you go and straighten out all those Quantum Physicists

I think I hear them calling out for your help.

Why? They already understand that.

2. AndReall profile image60

They don't like a dog for assistance lol

2. profile image0

Time is what we define, just like a meter is what we define it to be. For us a day is one rotation of earth and a year is one revolution. We assigned a day to be 24hrs for our convenience, it could have been 10 or 20hrs.

3. C-ing Eye profile image60

No, it is a one way trip.

2. getitrite profile image70
          getitriteposted 11 years agoin reply to this

...then He got mad, and drowned the whole world, and commanded the death of homosexuals, and people who  work on the sabbath, ...then killed innocent women and children.  Yeah!  Makes perfect sense.
          amen

1. pisean282311 profile image64
            pisean282311posted 11 years agoin reply to this

lol obviously if u live beyond time and space with nothing to do  and then u cause explosion to kill boredom and create thinking beings with intention to have slaves who have nothing to do but praise ur insane ego ...getting mad is natural outcome...what do u think god was born mad or god became mad afterwords?...oh i forgot god was never born...god always existed ...something from nothing is crazy concept for universe but perfectly acceptable for god!!!!!!!!!!

1. getitrite profile image70
              getitriteposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I guess it doesn't matter that god is a raging, angry psychopath...we still have to worship him, and pretend he is a god of love, because, he made a bad place for those who don't believe, and according to ytbot1x, there is scientific proof that he exists.  This is cause to be sad.

4. psycheskinner profile image84

How would one be a professional atheist?

This.

2. pisean282311 profile image64
    pisean282311posted 11 years ago

in programming when we have undefined variable in few languages it is assumed ...in same way ur theory assumed a constant called god....what was before big bang ...answer god....ok...so who created god?...another assumption....none ...god was always there....who said so?...well bible says so...ok....world of assumptions and no proof is what religion is all about...keep going kid ...someday u would find constant called god lol

Are you sure that there has been a Big Bang?

no i dont get hurt from kids...i understand from which view point they come...i have lot of patience for you ...u wuld some day see life for what it is , rather than living in fanatasy of god theme....

YOUR first fantasy is the belief in a Big Bang. I am discontinuing the exploration of your other beliefs that you have just mentioned here.

your laughing gives me hope...thanks man...i am sure some day you would really come out of fantasies and be real...m glad...

You're visibly getting jerks now.

i am at home...dont feel so uncomfortable kid....keep praying to ur imaginary being....may be some day u would see light ...by the way harry potter is better than books u read...lol

"your laughing gives me hope...thanks man...i am sure some day you would really come out of fantasies and be real...m glad..."

2. ytbot1x profile image59

Give up junior, you can't hang. Tell the headquarters to give you better training. You are miserable at your job of trolling. A troll should be at least rational.

3. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 11 years ago

I'm confused. How did you come to that as the only conclusion?

Read carefully. The answers are there.

1. profile image0

I've read the thread. You still haven't explained why God is the only possible conclusion.

I don't have a problem if God exists, or if he doesn't. I do have a problem with faulty conclusions. If the Big Bang marked the beginning of our universe; it doesn't follow that God exists.

Deleted

1. profile image0

About your third fantasy is your belief that you know what someone else believes. This is apparently a troll thread. Have fun trolling.

Indeed, this thread has attracted a lot of trolls. One of the striking features of these trolls is their lack of common courtesy.

1. profile image0

Attracted? lol Replace has attracted a lot of trolls with was started by a troll and you'll have made your first  statement on this thread that has supporting evidence.

What about sustained by trolls? lol

1. profile image0

Oddly, most of the people posting do participate in interesting exchanges when the opportunity arises. There have been some fascinating comments made on this thread by people ignoring your troll behavior and pointless questions. And,I don't think I've used the troll word but a couple of times on this site. Most people scream troll when someone disagrees. (which I find to be childish) Rarely does someone fit my definition of a troll. I guess that makes you unique, to a degree.

2. A Troubled Man profile image59

Hmmm... it says you've been banned from Hubpages. Curious.

thats not fair...he was growing up...but i think this kid keeps getting banned and keeps coming back with new user....

I think that course of action constitutes not growing up--it is more like having a month long tantrum.

4. AndReall profile image60
    AndReallposted 11 years ago

This thread has attracted a lot of trolls? Who says? lol

Probably one of the few participants who aren't trolls.

Does that include you? lol

5. Jerami profile image57
    Jeramiposted 11 years ago

Imagine a fire cracker going off. All of the actions and elements travel outwardly ; in at least three dimintions  there is a measurable rate in which these elements and actions loose their effects and or speed of travel depending upon the amount of resistence it incounters. Sound will travel farther in one direction than in the other.

Throw a rock into a pond. It too affects its enviroment in every direction (at least three dimentionally) BUT Its forces are in operation for a much longer period of time in only two dimentions.due to the resistance it encounters.
    Now consider the distance between the circles of waves as measurements of time. When you reach the sourse from which the circles originate we then;  and only then see how the third dimention  plays into and affects the other two dimentions.

When we are in a sailboat being pushed by the wave, we do not see the depth of the situation.

It just seems right to me, IF time is a reality in this physical world , it would have to be at least two dimentional?

1. profile image0

You are right, for time to be a reality, it should have 3 dimensions and location. Two dimensions will make it a reality, as a picture.

Just had a brain fart.   Thinking out loud kind of thingie.
        What if time IS three dimentional.  It already is what it will ever be ..  an already dun deal.              Time only SEEMS to be expanding or progressing because it is us that is moving or progressing, kinda like an ant walking across a road map.  Time is the road map.

As we march across time, we are creating the artwork, even new roads for others to follow if they choose.  And if they choose, they have an erasor  and so do I.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)