Ex-FEMA Director Michael Brown Criticizes Obama for Reacting too Quick

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (16 posts)
  1. tammybarnette profile image60
    tammybarnetteposted 11 years ago
    1. profile image82
      HSchneiderposted 11 years agoin reply to this

He has to be kidding! Brownie has unmitigated gall.

tammybarnetteposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Can you believe he would say this loud enough for others to hear? Wow, makes you wander how much he is being paid to politicize a horrific disaster as yet another Obama "failure," WOW!

2. movingout profile image61
    movingoutposted 11 years ago

Nothing ceases to amaze me anymore with Romney supporters. Have you seen the Obama halloween clip yet?

No I haven't, is it youtube? Not sure I could stomach it hmm

2. kathleenkat profile image84
      kathleenkatposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Nothing surprises me with Obama supporters anymore, either.

Actually, nothing surprises me with humans, period. We are capable of some pretty stupid shit, for such an "advanced" species.

I look at political elections, and I wonder how we ever invented the space shuttle.

3. movingout profile image61
    movingoutposted 11 years ago

Pretty sick actually!!! And so many talk about Democrats! Sad!!! http://samuel-warde.com/2012/10/obama-h … ntroversy/

1. Mighty Mom profile image77
      Mighty Momposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I hope this gets exactly zero mainstream media coverage.

2. tammybarnette profile image60

Wow, That is pathetic!

4. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 11 years ago

This isn't about Obama's handling of the Sandy disaster.
    It's about the right being out of their skulls pissed that they can't keep everyone's focus on Libya.
    Here's the clue:
    "In an interview with Denver Westword, Brown said, "One thing [President Obama's]  gonna be asked is, why did he jump on [Hurricane Sandy] so quickly and go back to D.C. so quickly when in ... Benghazi, he went to Las Vegas? Why was this so quick? ... At some point, somebody's going to ask that question."

Yes, a lot of people (or maybe just a few who whine so loudly it sounds like a lot of people) are asking that question.
    Frankly, the question doesn't warrant any answer.

MM, Can you believe this, wow...speaking of Lybia, I have a forum about the mideast that is truly amazing, the link didn't work so I posted the whole page because the article really shows how complicated this situation really is...I also left an article for you on the LIBOR thing and wondered if this was an update to that scandal...Yea, they are mad because Americans are coming together like we always do and blaming Obama for Lybia is easier than blaming him for a natural disaster lol

1. Mighty Mom profile image77
        Mighty Momposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Don't believe it, tammy.
        There are people out there who think Obama caused this storm just so he could look presidential in a crisis!

Thanks for the LIBOR/LIBYA info!!
        MM

1. FIS profile image72
          FISposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Or that God caused it as a vote for Mit and against Gay Rights... that darn God...

LOL , Well, since Wall Street and the financial sector were clear "targets" it had to be a vote for Obama smile

5. American View profile image59
    American Viewposted 11 years ago

First, one can never react to a disaster fast enough. I have been very critical because Obama plays politics with disaster aid by being too slow or ignoring certain states. But that is a different subject.

Now, let's look at the entire statement from this loser, yes I called him a loser for his actions during Katrina.:

[i]"Brown said, "One thing [President Obama's]  gonna be asked is, why did he jump on [Hurricane Sandy] so quickly and go back to D.C. so quickly when in ... Benghazi, he went to Las Vegas? Why was this so quick? ... At some point, somebody's going to ask that question."[i/]

He is not criticizing Obama for being to fast to react to Sandy, the statement infers the belief why did he react to Sandy in a quick manner but went to Las Vegas during the Benghazi incident. He is right, someone will ask that question, along with why did he skip the next 2 days intelligence briefings. .

As for ads during this campaign, The Republican ads do not equate voting to losing your virginity, killing people, having kids cuss, or making kids sing a song blaming their parents for the destruction of th world for voting for Romney, or this beauty from moveon.org written and produced by Micheal Moore. I want you about the language and content before you view it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … 17fWth3YgA

Both Campaign Ads have been disturbing to say the least, and as I have  said before, I watch none, the sad part is so many will vote on the lies potrayed in commercials...You know as well as I do Romneys ads are ever bit as disturbing, ads from his super pacs as well as the GOP...But to this statement from Brown, it is a desperate attempt to remind people of the spin of lies about Lybia, it's a backhanded compliment, and it is a disgusting attempt to politicize this tragic event. When the original 911 happened, people did not line up to blame Bush, the Democratic party did not commercialize bumbles or imperfections of his Administaration, he also was aware of a "threat," but our country joined together...The Democratic party did not come out to impeach our Commander in Chief and make our country look divided and stupid to the rest of the world as the GOP has. We DO NOT KNOW all of the details yet, and by our own standards a person is innoscent until proven guilty, but the GOP is trying to make our POTUS guilty in the court of public opinion, and is a desperate measure...I have a forum about the mideast; the link did not work because I had to register for the article so I copied over the entire article...If you have an opportunity, give it a read, it is eye opening as to the confusion present...who are the good guys, who are the bad guys? I have read R's desperate attempte to tie Obama to the Muslim Brotherhood, however, when you read this article you understand that the Muslim Brotherhood won the election as freedom fighters for democracy....These issues are much more complex than they are being painted to the American public.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)