Why is Mitt Romney losing Facebook friends by the thousands?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (21 posts)
  1. RealBigSol profile image59
    RealBigSolposted 11 years ago

When I first read about this, I thought it was a joke. Mitt lost the election, but why the wholesale dump? I've liked many different pages on Facebook. Some become less relevant over time and I forget about them, but I don't usually go back and un-like them. Are people that disappointed in the election's outcome?

1. Barefootfae profile image59
      Barefootfaeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Who cares? It's not like he needs them now, right?

RealBigSolposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You can never have too many friends.

2. phion profile image59
      phionposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If anything it shows how ticked off HALF the country is that Mitt found a way to loose against such a pitiful excuse of a President. We are suffering more each day because of the continued failed policies of this administration. The world is worse off than it has been in decades. If anyone thinks Obama is about to change anything for the better,…..just like last time they will be proven wrong.
      Side note, I can’t wait to hear Obama take the credit for the USA being the number one oil producer.  What a joke. I hope you all are ready for what’s on the horizon.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
        Uninvited Writerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Still hoping things in your country will get worse so you can be proven right?

Sad how much of our country is consumed with hate.

1. Mighty Mom profile image79
            Mighty Momposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yeah. But the haters lost. And that just makes them hate more.
            sad

2. kathleenkat profile image84
    kathleenkatposted 11 years ago

I "unlike" pages all the time that are no longer relevant. I doubt Mitt's page would have anything relevant to say to people who are not, say, Massachusetts residents, anymore.

3. RealBigSol profile image59

Thanks, Kathleen. I'm a lazy liker, I guess. Why would anything he says be even relevant to the people of Massachusetts?

1. Marie Flint profile image72
      Marie Flintposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Undoubtedly Mitt Romney will continue to influence people and take on issues wherever he so feels inclined. Once a politician, always a politician--and I don't mean that in any derrogatory sense. People who are organizers and leaders will always be needed to help bring people together in solving challenges affecting our world. The number of people following anyone on Facebook is irrelevant--Facebook, by the way, has been named the highest vehicle for cyber crime, compared to Twitter or other social pages. Don't place too much importance on post-election trends. Focus, instead, on the work that needs to be done. President Obama will need all the cooperation he can muster. Pray that he will be divinely guided and protected throughout his forth-coming term. (Amen.)

kathleenkatposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I thought he was the governor there. I could be mistaken. I'm a lazy biographer smile

I guess I just visit Facebook far too often, and get sick of certain things after a while.

4. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 11 years ago

Because he is no longer relevant, and many people who said they liked him didn't really like Mitt so much as dislike Obama.

5. RealBigSol profile image59

Nah, the governor of Massachusetts is Deval Patrick. Too many people have called Mitt 'governor.' He hasn't had a job since 2006.

Kinda like calling Sarah Palin "Governor."
      Was at one time. Courtesy title.

Sort of...Palin was governor of Alaska when she was on the ticket with McCain. Romney did not run for re-election as governor because he started running for president.

And Palin bailed on being governor when she was tapped for the McCain ticket.
          Or when she came up on ethics violations charges.
          The two happened in the same timeframe.

Well, it is confusing.

Though we all call former presidents like "President Clinton" and such.

6. Xenonlit profile image61
    Xenonlitposted 11 years ago

Maybe they were fake friends like Mittens was a fake candidate!

1. kathleenkat profile image84

He was on my ballot and in my voter's pamphlet. Seems as though he exists, to me.

7. RealBigSol profile image59

Not to be belabor the point, but she resigned the governor's office in July of 2009...well after the national campaign was over.

Thanks. I stand corrected.
      It's all such a blur -- seems like no time whatsoever between the 2008 election and SP as media celebrity.
      8 months.
      Gotcha!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)