Does hubpages satisfy you with all your hardworks by paying rightly?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (32 posts)
  1. profile image0
    KenDeanAgudoposted 11 years ago

I was just curious if hubpages is really a great site for writing and a stream of income generating.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
      Rochelle Frankposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It is a good site for writing.
      For most people, it is not a site for getting rich quick.
      If you like to write, it is nice to get a little recognition and a little money for doing something you enjoy.
      If you work at it, like a proper job-- forty to sixty hours  of real work per week-- it is probably possible to earn enough to live on AFTER  building up a quantity of of good quality hubs. Anything of value takes real work.
      If you work at it only occasionally, improving over time and adding more hubs as you go, it can eventually give a nice passive return.

1. profile image0
        KenDeanAgudoposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Writing is one of my hobbies, i really love to share thoughts and inspire people but in the same way i make it as a way for me to compensate and fulfilled my wants and needs. As a college student, blogging was the best part time job i have embarked for it keeps me income and knowledge.

Thank you Rochelle frank for the message.

2. tsmog profile image83
      tsmogposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I agree with shanna11. Adding to is the question of purpose. Then, comes along experience and opportunity. Yet acceptance has an emphasis regarding marketplace and which one. The skill set to venture within those is important. The opportunity alone is priceless. Hubpages offers that along with some may say programming software embed within the internet at 'no charge' to the adventurer of writing with or without a purpose. Then it is learning with understanding of the markets of the internet. It is competitive as is all entrepreneur ventures, yet the rewards are varied and of certainty. For me it is more a key of pondering the 'what are dreams made of' line of thinking. And, that is the start with new beginnings of multiplicity tempered by determination as a mindset seeking next while living now.

3. Soul Man Dancer profile image59
      Soul Man Dancerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You will do better to collect glass bottles in the southern United States and transport them to New England, Pennsylvania, or Michigan to collect the deposit.

1. profile image0

hahaha, i cant understand what your pointing at,.. such philosophical perspective.

2. Cantuhearmescream profile image76
        Cantuhearmescreamposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You may be right about the returning of glass bottles, but I'm pretty sure it's Maine and not Michigan. I just don't want people heading to Michigan will a truck full of bottles for nothing ;-)

1. Cantuhearmescream profile image76

oops, I meant WITH, with a truck full of bottles.

4. FatFreddysCat profile image92
      FatFreddysCatposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If I were in it for the money I would've quit this site a long time ago. The stuff I write appeals to a fairly narrow "niche" and I suck at SEO, so I mainly post stuff for my own amusement (and hopefully the amusement of my small but loyal following)... I'm nowhere near a payout but I'll get there eventually. It is not a major factor in why I write here.

I'm learning that it seems go either one way or the other. You either write based on what people are looking up but really has no personal interest or you write what you appreciate, which may not bring in the money. I guess the ideal situation is doing both at the same time. But I'm not going to write a Justin Bieber - Everything You Need To Know, hub just to get traffic.

2. Shanna11 profile image75
    Shanna11posted 11 years ago

Considering the fact that I haven't written anything decent in months, and I haven't missed pay out since I stopped writing....I'm getting paid for nothing at this point, so while it isn't much, it's some nice pocket change and I'm not opposed to it.

Others though don't feel the same. Just my personal feelings.

1. profile image0

Thank you Shannai, so meaning Hubpages is a platform for writers who wants to be heard through there writings. And if you are expecting for hubpages to give you a high earning stream then you may get disappointed.  When you dont work you will not be paid, you also need quality hubs to earn even you will not update your account for a month

3. Zelkiiro profile image87
    Zelkiiroposted 11 years ago

I wouldn't know. I haven't gotten paid in 10 months. :V

1. profile image0

really, your almost ten months? with almost 69 articles if i was not mistaken. but hubpages doesn't pays you?. thanks for the message

1. Zelkiiro profile image87
        Zelkiiroposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It's all about page views. I'm close to the 10k views mark, and I've only made a little over $7.

1. profile image0

That is very slow, i'm on bubblews and i reach 10k views and i almost earned 275$ it seems that this site is a low earning site.

4. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

They pay what the say they will pay.

5. stephanieb27 profile image60
    stephanieb27posted 11 years ago

Sorry, posting from phone pasted in wrong forum!!!

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
      Rochelle Frankposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Actually, though, it makes a good point... the learning can be worth even more than the earning. It was a happy mistake smile  .

6. Soul Man Dancer profile image59
    Soul Man Dancerposted 11 years ago

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !

7. Anamika S profile image69
    Anamika Sposted 11 years ago

It is an 'Yes' for me. I do make a decent amount of money here. But more than that, I have learned so much here. And I agree with Rochelle Frank. The learning has been more worth than the earning here for me. If you are willing to learn and put the learning into action, you can make money online.

1. profile image0

I understand you anamika, we have our own views about it.

8. ketage profile image81
    ketageposted 11 years ago

I have just gotten adsense about a week ago, and only started hubbing about two months ago , so I cannot say whether it is worth the effort financially to write on hubpages, that being said I do enjoy writing, and for me any money I make is a bonus on top of the fun I have writing my hubs smile

9. Astra Nomik profile image64
    Astra Nomikposted 11 years ago

What do artists do besides making and creating art? They mix and hang out and socialize with other artists. And so writers socialize with other writers in writer communities. Hub pages is the best I have come across.

I have made some amazing friends here, and I thank hub Pages for this. The two closest people to me in my life are both hubbers. Need I say more? And I love writing poetry and writing in general. And I love reading what good writers have to write, because I often find true gems in here.

1. profile image0

Very well said, thank you for the great message.

10. FatFreddysCat profile image92
    FatFreddysCatposted 11 years ago

Oh yeah, I could write that kinda drivel with one hand tied behind my back... but someone would have to pay me biggy styley $$ to get me to sell out like that!!

Maybe I'm wrong, but I find it a bit obnoxious to see a 19 year old writing about how to deal with COPD. Really? But, if they're collecting money every month, I guess they're smarter than me!

1. profile image0

Why obnoxious? You should be happy that at a younger age he started to write and follow his passion in writing.

11. G Miah profile image79
    G Miahposted 11 years ago

Definitely! I started over 3 years ago and i am now earning a nice amount each month paid into my Paypal account. I never regret joining HP by accident. Initially i started because i enjoyed writing stories, then that expanded over to writing more informative hubs. It wasn't the money that got me writing, it was the HP community and help support from them that kept me on it every day. Soon my first payout came and i was amazed!

It takes a lot of patience and hard work researching etc, but then it's totally worth it in the end.

Keep at it, a few months or years down the line, you'll be so happy you started and kept on going. Now i can stop if i want to and still make money, which happens because i don't have that much time to write as often as i used to.

1. profile image30
      Cluminellaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

G Miah very encouraging! Thank you! I just finished my first Hub!,

2. profile image0

really, very positive, it seems that you earn more here, i hope your write i will continue. smile thanks for the encouragement.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)