Is there a good diagram to improve the photo formatting in my hub?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)
  1. liladybugz26 profile image88
    liladybugz26posted 9 years ago

Hello Hubbers,

I have an article that is full of good text, and it is imperative that a photo accompany each block of text since it is about cocktails. I have tried to place these photos in a variety of positions, and the more I reformat the page, the lower the hub score ends up. I know this hub has potential if I could only figure out a good formatting scheme. Are there any good hub articles or diagrams to hub photo formatting that anybody knows of that could assist me? I have looked and can't seem to find any. Any help is so greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,
    Rachael M Jones

1. profile image0
      calculus-geometryposted 9 years agoin reply to this

If this is the hub you're referring to http://liladybugz26.hubpages.com/hub/Fi … Impression I think your photo placement is fine.  Don't worry about the hubscore.  A lot of the fluctuation in scores is unaccountable and more experienced users don't put much stock in them. It's pretty common to see the score go down after making an improvement, and then later go up for no particular reason. Your traffic and the quality of the traffic sources is the best way to gauge how good a hub is.

liladybugz26posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hello,

Yes, that is the hub I was referring to. When I first posted this hub it had a rating of 77, and then I added text and changed the order of the photos and it dropped one or two points. I again rearranged the photos, and it dropped more, and again, and now it's at a bleak 69! That's an awfully large fluctuation just for moving photos around! I really appreciate your feedback - very much!

Best,
        Rachael

2. Annie Wright profile image81
    Annie Wrightposted 9 years ago

Hi,

You can join photo bucket and upload your photo's then use the editing to resize, enhance, add a photo frame plus more then download them to your computer, and then when you do your article they are ready. The site is free plus they have a bunch of photos for free to use.
    Annie

3. liladybugz26 profile image88
    liladybugz26posted 9 years ago

Thank you.

1. Annie Wright profile image81
      Annie Wrightposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi,

I checked out your article and thought it was very nice. I like to once in a while use photobucket cause of the different ways you can change the picture. It is free, and the search menu has a lot of photo's you can use, sometimes I type in a phase and it will bring up bunches of free pictures, plus you can store your pictures there.
      Annie

Thank you so much Annie! I definitely will be using using it!

Your very welcome
          Annie

4. Millionaire Tips profile image89
    Millionaire Tipsposted 9 years ago

Your photo placement and layout are just fine.  The score goes down when a different person rates the hub, and might rate it differently.

You should note that you are using copyrighted photographs.  Just attributing them is not enough - you have to use photographs that you are allowed to use.  Try creativecommons.org which will give you lots of images.

Hi,

Thank you, I will add the link for photos as I been using photobucket and Bing images.  What is a good hub score? Not real clear on that.
      Thanks
      Annie

Thank you Annie

2. liladybugz26 profile image88

I did not know that - thank you so much Millionaire Tips!

Hi,

Thank you both very much
        Annie

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)