I just want to make sure I understand.

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (31 posts)
  1. Sed-me profile image79
    Sed-meposted 9 years ago

1) If I speak about my faith on a religious forum, I am trying to force my faith on others.

2) It would be preferred if I would not post scripture at all... on the religious forum.

3) If I use traditional methods to discipline my children, I am blatantly called a child abuser, but if I say someone should "get a hobby", I will be reported and banned.

4) If I teach my child about my faith, as ppl have done for thousands of years, in every culture, I am a bad parent, guilty of indoctrination.

5) If I share God's word because I tell you I love you, I am a liar and a judgmental bigot.

1. bBerean profile image61
      bBereanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Sort of.  All those things are only true according to a small group of atheists.  Vocal, and over represented in the forums, it feels like a larger contingent than it is. Besides, if you didn't do these things, those who revel in telling you not to would be deprived of the opportunity, and you wouldn't want that on your conscience...so just let the Spirit guide you.  Everyone, from those who sincerely appreciate your perspective and witness, to those who choose to be offended, benefit.  Win, win, really.  wink

2. profile image0
      SirDentposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I agree with bBerean.  No matter what sub category you post in, it is considered forcing your views or beliefs on the few who are vocal on these forums. 

A word of encouragement.  Jesus met opposition everywhere He went.  Many times, they tried to kill Him before He went to the cross.  Even though it seems it is all for naught, many will read the forums and not respond.  We never know who reads what we post.  Even though many will try to make you stop posting, keep posting.  After all, Jesus died for the lost. 

Hugs, sissy.

3. aguasilver profile image70
      aguasilverposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yep, you got that right, the small prurient group of God haters will try to silence any praise for God, even any mention of His word.

I stopped using the forums as a witnessing tool, though I agree with SirDent we have no idea who we will reach when we espouse the word here, for me the mission field is elsewhere currently.

Good to see some are still called to be here and striving against the enemy and his minions.... remember their master has no real power or authority, 'cos Yeshua has ALL of that, so they are toothless lions roaring but never truly dangerous.

1. profile image0
        Rad Manposted 9 years agoin reply to this

"The axis of evil"?

Assume anyone who disagrees with you is a follower of Satin?

"You are either with me or against me"?

1. aguasilver profile image70

No idea if you like satin or not Rad, myself I do not like satin, to hard to iron and creases easily.

As far as 'for or against'.... well spiritually there are no middle ground spaces between Christ and the enemy, we either end up one side or the other of the divide, so yes, I guess that's the position, at least for God.

1. profile image0

That's the opinion you have chosen to adopt, other believers have adopted different beliefs based on the information supplied.

No Satan exists. He like God is a product of your imagination and is causing tension as you claim that people who don't believe as you do must be followers of evil. It's sad really.

1. aguasilver profile image70

Rad, I can only tell it like it is, you must find your own beliefs or lack of them and live with that.

I have no interest in trying to change your belief (or lack of) and really do not feel I want to play forum table tennis with you.

Be blessed, live long and enjoy whatever you decide to spend your life doing.

4. profile image0
      Emile Rposted 9 years agoin reply to this

But,  if your belief system is 'politically correct' by the self appointed forum police none of that applies.

So just get indoctrinated already Beth. Rubber stamp their opinions. Don't think for yourself. Personal views are frowned upon here.

5. psycheskinner profile image82
      psycheskinnerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

If you only want to look at negative feedback, and never want to consider that you might actually have made a mistake; sure, okay.

Sed-meposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Do you mean made a mistake by having faith in God?

6. profile image0

1. I wouldn't say force, people can chose not to read it.

2. If you want to have dialogue about scripture then go ahead. If you want to convert people with scripture good luck.

3. Define "traditional methods"? There are methods of discipline that require thought that work much better.

Did you get banned for that? That sucks.

4. Culture is not the same as religion and you may not no every culture. But you are free to teach them as you see fit and I'm free to do the same and we are both free to share our opinions.

5. Did someone call you a liar and a judgmental bigot because you told them they love you?

You seem to like to play the martyr card?

7. MelissaBarrett profile image58
      MelissaBarrettposted 9 years agoin reply to this

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/9155767_f248.jpg

8. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You will always be one of my favorite, fellow lab rats. Pay the negativists no mind. smile

You are the bomb sir.

9. Doris Dancy profile image68
      Doris Dancyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Never let the naysayers shut you down.  Keep professing your love for Christ and you can bet that there will be people like me reading, learning, enjoying, and continuing to seek your voice.

Thank you for the positive feedback, Doris. Blessings!

2. Sed-me profile image79
    Sed-meposted 9 years ago

Well this was a nice surprise, I expected to wake up to a mudslide of angry posts.

It seemed like a self serving post, but to be honest I was posting on behalf of all those of faith on these forums. I just didn't feel I had the right to speak for anyone else so I personalized it.

I was reading the thread about "Internet witnesses" or some similar title, and was just feeling frustrated. There is no way to respond. We are never allowed discussion or conversation, it is always, "You are bad/wrong, we are right/good." I wish we could just be allowed to have honest discourse instead of offering constant rebuttal for what has become the usual "set-up".

3. yougo247 profile image60
    yougo247posted 9 years ago

Just go with your heart and believe in yourself that's my thought but always take in feed back in a good way cause it will always help you.

Good advise! smile

4. yougo247 profile image60
    yougo247posted 9 years ago

You welcome and remember we all have troubled times in our lifes and all we need is someone or something to inlighten us up sometimes so just keep up the good words coming and you will see the good will come out.

Thank you ma'am!

5. Cat333 profile image60
    Cat333posted 9 years ago

You're such a beautiful person, Beth! I'm thankful you're here speaking words of truth.

Glad to see the encouraging posts on this one, which are often lacking in other forums. And now I'll dare to use Scripture to encourage you further:

"Let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Because of the joy awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God’s throne. Think of all the hostility he endured from sinful people; then you won’t become weary and give up." (Hebrews 12:1-3)

Oh Cat. The Bible is awesome... it's just alive and powerful!
      Thank you for sharing that. I appreciate the encouragement, and as I said, it's not about me alone, it was really a post on behalf of us all. No one wants to be misunderstood, and I do hope those of us who post 'cause we fell compelled out of love and concern, will be encouraged by the verses you shared. Thank you!

1. Cat333 profile image60
        Cat333posted 9 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome! I'm glad you posted this on behalf of us all because I think many or most of us are right there with you on this. We tell others of Jesus Christ out of genuine love for them and share the truth of the Word, and the twisted replies are often along the lines of "You're a stupid, unthinking, psychotic, self-righteous, judgmental, hateful, slavery supporting, child abusing..." Well, you know. If you confront anyone about the attacks, then they say, "I didn't say you were stupid, I just said anyone who uses their brain..."

I do think I've toughened up since beginning here a few months ago, but sometimes I'm still taken aback by the rudeness and manipulation. It's definitely an adjustment after only face-to-face experiences witnessing (which are almost never met with the types of responses here).

6. 2besure profile image80
    2besureposted 9 years ago

Atheists troll the Christian forum to pick fight a and attack your beliefs.  I learned a long time ago not to engage them.

Nice to meet you. I read your bio, God bless your son.

7. schoolgirlforreal profile image78
    schoolgirlforrealposted 9 years ago

Oh you've got it down to pat, how the "naysayers" are....I'm with Doris! smile I want to hear the Good News! smile

There's a lot of positive ppl on this forum. It's nice to see so many.

8. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 9 years ago

The feel-good movie I was watching tonight. Save it for a rainy day. smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3du3JcmUe4

I saw that years ago. That's a great movie.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)