What is your personality type? Take the quiz.

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (22 posts)
  1. Sed-me profile image78
    Sed-meposted 9 years ago
    1. GA Anderson profile image90
      GA Andersonposted 9 years agoin reply to this

What the heck!

I won't tell what my results were, even though I agreed with them to the point of being impressed with the test.

But I am still wondering about the overview comment that ENTJ types only making up about 3% of the population as possibly being a good thing for the rest of you. smile

Thanks for the link Brth

GA

Sed-meposted 9 years agoin reply to this

We are what we are. No shame in that. wink
        These are my results.
        http://www.16personalities.com/infp-personality

1. bBerean profile image59
          bBereanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

From what I know it seems yours is also pretty accurate.  I mentioned in the other thread that prompted this one that a year ago, when I did that other thread, a lot of people I knew took them and the results were impressive.

2. Rochelle Frank profile image91
      Rochelle Frankposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I don't know if mine was all that accurate.INTP "The INTP personality type is fairly rare, making up only three percent of the population,
      People like:
      Socrates
      Rene Descartes
      Blaise Pascal
      Isaac Newton
      Carl Jung
      Albert Einstein
      James Madison
      Dwight D. Eisenhower
      Gerald Ford
      ...... What? all guys?

All men... and then Rochelle. You broke the glass ceiling.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image91
          Rochelle Frankposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Actually, yours and mine are not that far apart-- but you are nicer, apparently.

I'd say, "Duh" but that wouldn't be nice... (plus I really doubt that's true.) smile

This part... is like they're living in my brain.

"Unlike their Extraverted cousins though, INFPs will focus their attention on just a few people, a single worthy cause - spread too thinly, they’ll run out of energy, and even become dejected and overwhelmed by all the bad in the world that they can’t fix. This is a sad sight for INFPs’ friends, who will come to depend on their rosy outlook.
            If they are not careful, INFPs can lose themselves in their quest for good and neglect the day-to-day upkeep that life demands. INFPs often drift into deep thought, enjoying contemplating the hypothetical and the philosophical more than any other personality type. Left unchecked, INFPs may start to lose touch, withdrawing into "hermit mode", and it can take a great deal of energy from their friends or partner to bring them back to the real world.
            Luckily, like the flowers in spring, INFP’s affection, creativity, altruism and idealism will always come back, rewarding them and those they love perhaps not with logic and utility, but with a world view that inspires compassion, kindness and beauty wherever they go."

3. Credence2 profile image78
      Credence2posted 9 years agoin reply to this

INTP,  as established for me in a corporate seminar some 20 years ago. After taking the quiz, I see that I have not changed much. Interesting,  thanks for bringing  this quiz opportunity to our attention, Sed-me

My husband thinks this is the Meyers Briggs personality test. Is that the one you took years ago?

1. Credence2 profile image78
          Credence2posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yes, indeed the Myers-Briggs, that was the one...

2. gmwilliams profile image85
        gmwilliamsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I also took the test at my job and was classified as an INTP.  Subsequently, I took the test again and was identified as an INTJ.  I act more as an INTJ.  I am highly independent and look to think outside the societal box.  I have no patience for slowness.  I can be described as unconventional in my attitudes.  Excellent thread Sed-me I might add.

4. bBerean profile image59

Hello Sed Me.  Hope the new job is working out well.  Didn't you take this test the last time it came up in the forums?:

http://hubpages.com/forum/post/2484846

I have taken personality tests for fun many times in the past from different sources, always with the same result.  As I said in the link above, I am not inclined to share the results publicly.  The site associated with the test link provided on the previous thread does give some different assessments of the types.  Same general idea though, of course.

Oh, haha... no I didn't click on the link. Im sure that kind of odd shortcoming is buried in my personality type. The type that says, "Hey look a quiz! I wonder if bBerean has taken the love language quiz! Im gonna ask him if he's done that one!" And then of course I say, "Hey look! A squirrel!"

My wife and friends have been quick to agree with my results, so I do find it interesting.  I have also found knowing the types of others has been helpful in communicating.  I believe we spoke about this before but I can't remember if it was direct correspondence or in a thread.

Ok, I took the test you had earlier posted on your thread. Here are my results.
            http://www.humanmetrics.com/hr/JTypesResult.aspx
            Why don't you want to post yours? Im sure it has something to do with your personality results.

The link brought me to the test but didn't show your results.  Did they match?

Im pretty sure it's not within my capabilities to figure that out. Im too busy rocking back and forth, in the corner of the room.

http://www.humanmetrics.com/hr/JTypesResult.aspx

It really doesn't show you the results? It knows when it's not me clicking on it. Spooky.

Perhaps my reasons for reluctance in posting my results will bear themselves out.  I decided to go ahead.  I took the test you provided and got the same result I have gotten repeatedly over the years, although the percentages vary from test to test in each category:
                  http://www.16personalities.com/intj-personality

2. Aime F profile image70
    Aime Fposted 9 years ago

http://www.16personalities.com/infp-personality

I've taken this test a few times and this is the first time I've gotten the "I". It makes sense to me that I get different results every time I take it because being a bit scattered is definitely part of my personality. lol

I'm apparently in the company of William Shakespeare and Fox Mulder now, though, so I'm chuffed. wink

3. profile image60
    Ellie Simmondsposted 18 months ago

I also took this test and got INTJ... I think that's right. I'm not entirely sure with the MBTI. I'm a bigger fan of the Enneagram

4. profile image60
    Ellie Simmondsposted 18 months ago

Like, I much prefer the Enneagram test over the MBTI. I feel like the types ring more true to me (type 2w1 btw..)
    You can try this Enneagram test https://www.personalitydata.org/enneagr … agram-test  and I'd be interested to see what other people get. Might find it more useful

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)