How do I sculpt an angel when I don’t believe in them?

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)
  1. Castlepaloma profile image75
    Castlepalomaposted 9 years ago

Early in my Artist lifestyle built a city of Bethlehem and many people love it yet did not feel honest about it.  Never sculpted anything with war, full nudes, politics, murder or religious in these story telling sculpture, it went all G- rated from then onward.

I accept Religion yet Religion don not accept me. Not bigoted or downing Religion just not for it. Yet a few have proven to not accept me for being : I am what I em's" not Christian first.  Can sculpt a great angel when thinking about the most beautiful creature on earth, a woman. Just do not know if there are real angels, Even in my fantasy sculptures, I know my animals do not really talk and people don't fly, they are just metaphors.

The money is very good for the commission angel. How can I find a middle grounds?

1. speer138 profile image60
      speer138posted 9 years agoin reply to this

i dont see why you have to believe in angels to sculpt one? the great thing about art, is anything goes. thats whats great about it.

2. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 9 years ago

The angel has a long tradition in art, very often being used in a purely figurative or decorative way. I don't think taking part in that implies any personal belief or that angels should they exist would look at all like the winged anglo-saxons they seem to be in art.  Alternatively you could do something that comments on that.

Castlepalomaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

These clients want a winged woman angel. This can be fun, like a winged horse. Need to religious opinion to myself, and go for something romanticism style and think of them- nice couple.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
        Kathryn L Hillposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Your assignment is a good excuse to glorify the beauty of the human form. Think of it like this: An angel reveals the light blueprint upon which the human form is based. It is an etheric form...which might be something you could capitalize on in 3D way… Maybe with mirrors or shards of glass even shimmering colors of stained glass…
        You know there are angels! smile

Client do want a shimmering white angel, although they do not have the budget for marble.
          Can make white cement look like marble.

Hey! Just got a contract for the world's largest and tallest hand built snowman.Today!

WOW MAN!!!

...cement snowman or??

No,lo

It must be made of snow to be a record. This will be my 24th world re
              cord between sand, snow and food sculptures.

...trully impressive!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)