What The F*** Is Wrong With These Muslims?

Jump to Last Post 1-28 of 28 discussions (110 posts)
  1. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

Nigeria has hundreds of tribes. But the major ones are Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba. The Hausas are mostly undeducated people, and they're predominantly Muslims. They reside in the North. The Yoruba's have no true religion, really, but are Traditionalists, Christians, and Muslims. They reside in the West. The Igbos were I'm from are the most educated of all the tribes in the country. And they're predominantly Christians. They reside in the South-East. Every fucking time there's peace, i mean every-fucking-time, the Northern tribe in my country, called the Hausas are always declaring Jihad on my tribal people the Igbos who reside in the North. Its like whenever everything's peaceful, they just cant fucking stand it. Is it something to do with the Muslim psyche or what. My tribal people dont kill any Hausas residing in our parts. Why are they always murdering my people, huh! Geez, hundreds are dead in four Northern states. Once the Jihad starts in one state, another state carries it forth. It pioneered by these wuchmacallit Islamic extremists groups. What the fuck is wrong with these ignorant barbarians who call themselves Nigerians?

1. countrywomen profile image60
      countrywomenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Fierycj- Maybe what I am about to say may upset you and I sincerely seek your forgiveness in advance. I can understand right now in the heat of the moment it is difficult to be calm. But all I ask of you and others(including media) is not to stereotype all Muslims by way of words like "Islamic Extremists" or Terrorists. There are bad people in every religion and even with no religion but when we are looking at ways to find "faults" instead of looking at exploring solutions then peace and harmony may never be possible. If we want a nation to prosper we can't let one section of people left feeling ignored. Some of the reasons for unrest could be due to unequal distribution of Niger delta oil wealth, unemployment, poverty and mutual lack of trust then things wouldn't improve unless those issues are addressed. I am sure there would be moderate people among every section and engaging those leaders and working out the root causes maybe more helpful in the long run. Constructive engagement and participation of every section of society maybe a better option. But honestly I really don't know the ground level realities and based on my limited knowledge this is my opinion. I hope you didn't mind it. Have a good day my friend. smile

2. Pamda Man profile image59
      Pamda Manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You must be very furious considering the number of times you said fcuk. And what do you want to do? Do you want to kill them all?

Hey HubPages staffs you really need to change the Religion area to Spam area.

1. profile image0
        fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey PAMDA MAN, I got #5. For you - Fuck you. Need anymore, just holla.

2. tantrum profile image62
        tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are you still collecting posts, paMda man? Can't you see this is serious? Go with your crap somehere else !!!

3. tantrum profile image62

I'm really sorry about this, man!!! Nothing you or I or anybody can do about it, as their is a lot of political rubbish behind smile

4. kirstenblog profile image79
      kirstenblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The title of the thread really grabbed my attention. Religion and intolerance have been a problem for as long as recorded history goes back it seems.  At one time Islam was cutting edge in maths and medicine and science, now it seems that the rest of the world has moved on leaving some of these Muslim nations or isolated tribes way behind.  I have every respect in the world for a persons personal beliefs whatever the religion, and think that is the only way to teach tolerance, practice it as much as I can.  I always feel sad when faced with the kinds of levels of intolerance and hatred that human societies can not seem to move beyond.

2. kmackey32 profile image65
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

Im sorry fierycj.. sad  idk, as I don't know any

3. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

So sorry about what is happening with the extremist Muslims.
    They are fed bullshit from am early age, and are ratty as hell.
    I hope the current shoot out ends with these loonies in jail.

1. profile image0

They so foolish. And people are more so educated and civilized to retaliate. You need to understand that once this shit starts in the North, their own people hide out till the killings are over. They actually comprise to kill the Igbos. Gawd!

1. earnestshub profile image81
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nothing as incomprehensible as a fanatic.Any chance they can put this down? I heard on the radio last night that the Government troop had surrounded them in an enclave.

1. profile image0

I'm yet to get feedback on that. But these extremists torched police stations, churches and pastors residences. Just imagine!

1. earnestshub profile image81
            earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes the BBC was all over the story. I have not heard anything else, but if I do I will let you know. Again, so sorry this is happening.

4. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 14 years ago

I feel ya cj.  It's spread over here too.  Not that it is anything like over there but Muslim "radicals" as they are now calling them, are doing all sorts of nauseating crap and declaring jihad. 

Today 7 Israeli "radicals" were arrested for plotting suicide bombing in other countries.  These men... not Muslims... just white boys with guns and bombs who think jihad is some sort of godly mission. 

I will be thinking about you cj.  Hope things are as good as they can be.

1. profile image0

Thanks Sandy. And to make it worse, they're so organized these extremist sects, that I'm pretty damn sure they've got back-up from Muslim policians. Next they come out on Television and tell you how peaceful a religion Islam is - the biggest pile of bull in the history of bull.

1. profile image0
        sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, I think they use the peaceful ones as decoys. wink  I am pretty sure they have back up "politicians" in general.  They already come out and tell us how peaceful their religion is but in the next new broadcast you see them killing other people, so I think there are only two things, good people and bad people, religion is just a disguise for their deplorable behavior. 

It's crap really.

5. Jellyrug profile image61
    Jellyrugposted 14 years ago

Sorry to hear your frustrations.

A lot to do with how a country is managed politically, how satisfied it's citizens are, having a solid constitution and most important maintaining law and order.

You have extremists everywhere, but in peaceful places they are not well accepted and restrained by the sytem, preventing them from practicing their beliefs.

6. Ambition profile image60
    Ambitionposted 14 years ago

looks like you are a victim of reading the religious threads.

There is only one thing wrong with them which is that they think they are Muslims and we are humans. smile

1. Jellyrug profile image61
      Jellyrugposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't have the right to judge, but I do have the right to choose who I associate with. My association with others has never been based on religion.

1. Ambition profile image60
        Ambitionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If everybody thinks like that then there will be no terrorism.

2. profile image0

that is the mentality of sanity. The mentality of my people, the igbos towards the northerners and every other tribe. But look where that has got us. Below the fucking food chain!

What religion are the dudes who blow up the oil lines and kidnap the contractors, as they believe the oil belongs to the people rather than the government?

1. profile image0

What the hell's that got to do with what we're talking about?

Thought that was Nigeria? Guess they are not Muslim then huh?

7. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

Sorry, CJ.  I don't personally know any of the radical Muslims and I'm not complaining about that.   Over the years, I have known (at least slightly, sometimes pretty well) a number of NON-radical Muslims who were from another planet entirely (by comparison with the fanatic branch of that religion-family tree). 

One (of the gentle types) was a naturalized American, a physician originally from Pakistan.  One was a Arab man who actually came from Israel and was studying at a college in the states; he did have a mean game of table tennis, but that was the extent  of his violence. 

But none of that matters when your people are being killed.

1. profile image0

You got that right, Ghost32.

8. AsherKade profile image57
    AsherKadeposted 14 years ago

wow, I didn't even know you were muslim...me thinks you should write a hub about it...as I once thought of doing...

1. profile image0

Did you even read the thread before commenting. I'm no Muslim. Read the thread thru before placing comments, Dude.

1. AsherKade profile image57
        AsherKadeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

you talked about your tribe....that was confusing...what tribe are you then?

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumbimg_326/12250162415bc524.jpg

1. profile image0

What? You trying to be a wise-ass or what?

2. Maddie Ruud profile image73
          Maddie Ruudposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thread closed.  There are ways of talking about current events without hateful blanket statements about religious or ethnic groups.

9. dohn121 profile image81
    dohn121posted 14 years ago

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8171482.stm/

This is absolute bullshit.  This guy Mohammed Yusuf needs to be arrested (at least).  This is one of the links I found.

I'm sorry fiery.  I hope no one takes offense to this, but this is exactly why I don't believe in God.  No benevolent God would let something this horrible occur.

1. profile image0

i dont take offence. I think God allows these things to happen so we can realize just how fucked up we humans are - his best creation.

1. profile image0
        Sidney Rayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Indeed...

"I was the first angel...loved once above all others...but like all true love...one day it withered on the vine..."

10. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

The point is that there are no ways to negotiate with these extremists. They are killing people, innocent people and must be stopped before any thing else can be done.

I would humbly like to disagree with you. An eye for an eye is a temporary approach. For a permanent solution the root causes have to be analyzed and remedied. We can and should negotiate as long as it is possible. We should never fear to negotiate and also never negotiate in fear. Sometimes that could be the only hope left. Have a good day. smile

11. AsherKade profile image57
    AsherKadeposted 14 years ago

STILL CONFUSD. ARE YOU MUSLI OR NOT? NOT THAT THAT IS AN ISSUE, LOVE EVEYONE THE SAME...
    [IMH]http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumbimg_383/12387770750wlkGy.jpg[/IMG]

Corrected the image and Fierycj is a Christian.

1. AsherKade profile image57
        AsherKadeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

ALRIGHT THEN....STILL CONFUSED WHY HE DID THIS STUPID FORUM IN THE FIRST PLACE....

12. Lady_E profile image61
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

Sorry to hear this.  Sadly, its always been that way and I don't think the ignorant Knobheads will ever change.
    Isn't the government doing anything about it?

13. Pamda Man profile image59
    Pamda Manposted 14 years ago

... Why do you even ask? You aren't even a Muslim and you post these numerous threads on religion... Don't you ever get tired?

What you are doing isn't helping. If you want to solve the problem, you shouldn't be posting here and act as if you want to help. I don't know what you are up to, but I hope it's something not I'm thinking you are doing.

1. profile image0

I see you and Asherkade are of the same wonderful IQ Level.

1. Pamda Man profile image59

If Asherkade had the same wonderful IQ level as I do, then he wouldn't be posting in caps all the time.

14. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Cj, I understand your anger, though it is yours ,no one elses,
    simply because its not their people who are getting hurt ,maimed or injured.

I feel for you , these are your people ,your blood!!

I would feel angry if it was happening to my family(extended)

I applaud Countrywomens desire for peace.

I wonder who is funding these people???? , money is the closest twin to power.

If your fire  must rage, set your flames on the right path ,lest the innocent are consumed along with the wicked  smile

15. Davinagirl3 profile image59
    Davinagirl3posted 14 years ago

Extremists are always dangerous.  The most dangerous of people are those who are uneducated and easily led by unscrupulous leaders.  I hope you stay safe, and I wish you well.

Yeah, their most powerful weapon is lethal. AIDS.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
        Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

actually cancer is the no 1 killer, sadly

1. tantrum profile image62

Sorry to disagree. The 1st world killer is hunger.Anyway, I thought this post was about a nigerian problem ? smile

I stand corrected ,all equates to the same thing=death

And if you know anything about threads ,they dont always stay on topic , but you watch ,like a river ,it winds back smile

O.K. I'm new here...Thanks 4 the advice!!  smile

hey no problem and welcome smile

No, I understand everything now. Religion is the world's biggest killer.

Ignorance breeds ignorance

I think I'm gonna spam this fail thread with horribly long quotes which I didn't do before. It seems to me that you guys don't know how to cut quotes do you? lol

still collecting posts??... oh well!!!  lol

2. Eaglekiwi profile image74

actually eric told us ,long before you arrived on the scene pamda, but thanks anyway.

Who's Eric?

16. Pamda Man profile image59

No it's AIDS. We are talking about uneducated Africans here. They don't know a thing about contraception.

17. Pamda Man profile image59

I just realized. Your title is very inappropriate. You are actually swearing at Muslims, worshippers of another religion that is not yours. I finally see where he is going...

18. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 14 years ago

As a Christian who has studied a bit of history, (and whose ancestors were murdered by Muslims), I can say the crimes against other human beings have been committed by proponents of every major religion, and by those without any professed religion. 

Extremists and wackos are not limited to one religion or group.  You don’t have to look too far into European history to see how otherwise 'good Christians' join the Nazis.   In the heavily Christian US, the birthplace of modern democracy and freedom, slavery killed and imprisoned hundreds of thousands.

Unfortunately, in the world today, it’s the fanatical Islamic extremists (a minority in the Muslim world), who are causing a lot of trouble and who gain strength due to the poverty and poor conditions in many parts of the world.  My guess/hope is that in 50 or 100 years, they too will be relegated to history.

they are not going to be relegated, not in 100 years, as they serve different and important political interests. If not, see what happens in Afganistan and Irak. And what about Iran???

1. Greek One profile image64
        Greek Oneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I would actually give the extremists in Iran less than 20 years.   In Iraq, the past dictatorship actually had nothing to do with Islamic extremism.  I'm, sure that the next wave of fanatics will take its place.  In the past 100 years we've had Fascism, Nazism, Communism, Islamic fascism, Anarchism, etc.   If you go back further in time, you can look at all the Catholic/Protestants issues caused so much trouble.   It’s just a matter of time until the next ideological and/or religious philosophy/controversy pops up and catches popularity based on the suffering of a given group of people.

2. Eaglekiwi profile image74

Yep that sounds about right,so they are funded by rich Saudi's? , Americans?. Money for weapons, travel must be coming from somewhere,or trade-offs , drugs , oil to weathier countries perhaps?

19. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

It always takes two to tango, Fiery. smile

Sometimes you have to dance even if you don't want to   smile

20. jenblacksheep profile image67
    jenblacksheepposted 14 years ago

That sucks Fiery, I'm really sorry. I think the problem though is not with religion but the fact that they are uneducated. I think you are right though that when there is peace they do just get bored and decide to mix things up. I think religion is just a convienient excuse for them because, as we all know, it is harder to argue with. The majority of Muslims have no problem with the rest of the world. Even in places like Israel and Palestine most of the Jews and Muslims would happily live together, it's just this small percentage of extremists that give Muslims a bad name. I think it is education not religion that is key here!

21. Eaglekiwi profile image74

someone spit the dummy lol

22. profile image0

I just want everybody to understand that my people, the Igbo's are always on the receiving end of this mayhem. If anyone practises the turn the other cheek doctrine, its the Igbos. I just needed to vent off here. Thanks all for the comments. No thanks to Pamda Man and Asherkade - what a bunch of dumb idiots.

I've only heard your side of the story. I can't accept truth just from one party.

Quit being such a pest PM,enough already!

2. tantrum profile image62

You've been insulting to fierycj! I think you owe him an apolpgy !! Are you implying he's lying ??!!!

You still owe him an apology...If you're a man...but maybe you're not

SILENCE ACQUIESCE!!!! ......

Why did you quote your own post? big_smile

For you to see it!...you're being so rude! Fierycj doesn't deserve 2 b called a lyar... You deserve to be called what he called u !  lol

You can't even spell liar. (Now you are going to talk about my name Pamda lol)

lol  lol lol  I was in one of my tantrums!  lol  I can make a spelling mistake , you can't make  gross mistakes and being rude 2 people !! lol lol lol

And he insults me as an idiot... lol Fail.

SILENCE ACQUIESCE!!!

Lol. I've indeed succeeded.

23. profile image0

I just got an update from an inside source on the unspeakable horrors and atrocities committed now in the North. Its heartbroken, children killed, slashed into pieces, pastors beheaded, pregnant women disboweled - all people of my tribe. This is the reason why the Igbos have long been advocating to be a sovereign nation, to leave Nigeria. We're such a different people from the rest of the tribes. Absolutely nothing common, except for the name NIGERIA.

Sorry to hear about it !! Nothing I can say  could be enough...smile

2. profile image0

In addition, the Sultan of Sokoto, who's supposed to be the greatest Traditional ruler of the nation's Muslim World ran away from his seat in the North to the East incase the Igbo's over there retaliate and pay him a visit. Just imagine, he's presently now in my state, and he's feeling as safe as you wouldn't believe. Isn't that just infuriating. They can feel at ease in my place, but my people are slaughtered in their's.

3. countrywomen profile image60

Thanks for updating us. I hope you, Accofranco and your families are safe. Besides religion as you previously mentioned, are these clashes inter tribal like Hutu/Tutsi? Just stay safe and please keep updating us. I really hope there is a amicable peaceful solution to this madness soon. mad

1. profile image0

its really both. Imagine Nigeria wouldn't be an independent state if not for the Igbos. They fought and advocated for independence from the British. We're the most patriotic of all Nigerians. The hausas and the yorubas who have ruled the nation for decades only loot and plunder the nations funds. That's all. They've always hated my tribe - especially the hausas. They hate that we're more educated, decent, intelligent, and more driven than they are or ever will be. Dont take my word for it. Ask any foreigner who's lived in Nigeria for years.

24. Eaglekiwi profile image74

Tantrum, take your lead from CJ ,who created the post
    said his piece
    controlled the post
    summarised the post
    acknowledged worthy participants

Is the better debater, calms down and refocuses.

Cj also has respect from other hubbers.

Pamda is increasing his profile by agitating and provoking, or trying too.

I dunno some people get off on things like that .

Ignore it.

25. Dame Scribe profile image58
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

I am saddened CJ for your people. <hugs>. I dont think that leader will ever be safe, once all is said n done. I send my prayers for you and yours.

1. profile image0

Thanks so much, Dame. I really appreciate it. You're definitely one of the special ones in here.

Thanks to you, Kiwi lady. You're wonderful.

2. Jane@CM profile image61
      Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree with Dame.  CJ, I'm so sorry for what you and your Tribe & country are going through.  God be with you & I'll keep you in my prayers.

1. profile image0

Thanks Jane. Coming from you, that means a lot.

26. Pamda Man profile image59

I was just proving the effectiveness of flaming firsthand. Lol. I can foresee your every move. Tantrum maybe stopped by eaglekiwi (I'm not sure if he will let me continue to flame lol), this flame is still burning though. XD I bid you all a good day.

27. countrywomen profile image60
    countrywomenposted 14 years ago

I will take your word for it. But do hausas and the yorubas feel ignored/marginalized by the oil money? Since money can sometimes bring more misery than prosperity especially if it is "unfairly" concentrated just with a few people.  Is there any special preference for those sections/tribes which are not represented enough in Government/Private organizations. Usually poor, uneducated and unemployed youth are more susceptible recruits for committing violent acts. I hope eventually education, employment and mutual trust can solve these issues. smile

1. profile image0

it isn't about the oil at all. They got the refinery there in the north. In fact, they even have the pipeline channels from the south and east channelled all the way to the north. Its crazy. They just hate the igbos for the reasons I already told you. Thats it.

1. Davinagirl3 profile image59
        Davinagirl3posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I've been reading more about this online.  This is a heinous situation.  It makes one feel weak and small.

1. profile image0

yes, i feel helpless.

28. countrywomen profile image60
    countrywomenposted 14 years ago

I really don't know too many Nigerians but still there has to be a solution. You have done a decent job in problem identification. Also just for a minute I would like you to switch roles and put yourself in the shoes of Hausas and list all the things you love about Hausas and then going on to justifiable grievances that you have with igbos. No hurry take your time. After you are done.  Now I would like to know your views about some actionable steps that can be taken by all (Hausas, Igbos and Yorubas)to arrive at peace. smile

1. profile image0

To be honest with you - I really dont wanna think of the hausas in a good light. I just wanna hate them right now. I think thats understandable.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)