I'd like feedback on my Hub: What is in the Skilled Nursing Home?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)
  1. MGWriter profile image65
    MGWriterposted 8 years ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub What is in the Skilled Nursing Home?. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. Alison Dittmar profile image60
      Alison Dittmarposted 8 years agoin reply to this

This is a very informative article, kudos for covering so much! I agree with other hubbers about breaking up the text with pictures, it makes for eadier reading.
      Also, although you did a great job, my only concern is that in the 1st paragraph there appears to be a run on sentence or two separated with semi colons. Otherwise, I'm impressed.  smile

MGWriterposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Alison,

I appreciate you words and comments.  Thank you for taking the time to help me.

2. Noreen Fahad profile image59
      Noreen Fahadposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Hi I am new here can you please tell me how did you add you hub link in this question

Noreen Good morning.

I received a message from Hubpages for me to attach my comments too.  There is also a link in HubPages FAQ.

Marsha

2. flycatcherrr profile image68
    flycatcherrrposted 8 years ago

The hub could use some images, to break up the blocks of text and help to illustrate your key points.  I suspect if you look in the Edit mode, upper right hand corner, you'll see a number of unticked boxes for items that HubPages recommends you include to improve the hub, and this may be helpful. A poll, for example, might not be out of place on this hub?

Thank you for these useful comments.  This will help as I move forward.
      Marsha

3. denise.w.anderson profile image86
    denise.w.andersonposted 8 years ago

Right now the hub is primarily text. The addition of images would be helpful. You might want to add an image of the inside of a nursing home, people being cared for at a home, or the elderly participating in activities at a nursing home. I like to use images from FreeDigitalPhotos.net. It you attribute the images appropriately, there is no cost.

Other things you can do are the addition of headings, quotes using the quote boxes, bullet lists, tables, and links. You have a number of hubs on this subject, and you can add links to the hubs that you have written that are relevant. Make the link boxes so that they are next to the paragraph that they apply to.

Making a hub visually appealing often boosts the quality. You will see the check boxes at the top right. As you add visual items, you will see an increased number of checks. When I construct a hub, I try to see that all of the boxes are checked before I publish. This usually assures that the quality assessment is good and that the hub will continue to be featured.

4. MGWriter profile image65
    MGWriterposted 8 years ago

Denise,

Thank you I very much appreciate this information.  I have been trying to decide on a host for photos and I have just begun to use the captions for the various parts of the post. 

Thank you.

Marsha

5. RonElFran profile image96
    RonElFranposted 8 years ago

Here's my reaction, for what it's worth. Although I have an interest in nursing homes, since my mother-in-law is in one, I probably wouldn't click on your article because of the title. It doesn't give me any clear understanding of what's in the article, and whether it's worth my very limited time to give it a look. To me the title seems unfocused, so I would expect the article to be as well.

This, as I say, is a personal reaction, but I hope it helps.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)